PDA

View Full Version : Ship Strip =Quality Customer Service :/

smatt
06-28-2012, 12:30 PM
Posted this in the genral section it should've been posted here...

So the airships were stripped again....

OK, I have millions upon millions of plat, and no I didn't get it by clickign on the same chest/supply crate thouasands of times over a few weeks ;) ... I got it the good old fashioned way, by looting and workign the AH etc... And am in a rather large guild, one of our guildies ahs been supplying the gold seal major XP shrine on his for sometime. The coupon codes are a nice gesture and all, but they dont'e ven come clsoe to replacing the lost TP's or the plat, the latter of which is of little concern TO ME. But there are MANY guilds out there that don't have such resources...

So.. This is what another person was told by Turbine Customer Support

http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php...54#post4552654 (http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?p=4552654#post4552654)

"Initial response from Account Support that anyone who did as Ingame Support advised and replaced their missing Goldseal shrines are stuffed.

If you didn't wait the 7 hrs to find out that there was a 75% discount code being offered then they're not responsible for you spending your Turbine Points and that's just your bad decision to use initiative.

So much for me replacing ours for the benefit of guildies and relying on goodfaith to get the points back. 2400 TP down the drain, equivalent to 5 month's VIP points. And so many other hairstyle options I could have spent them on."

Now there's some quality customer service... It's basically a blank-off..... And this is only a response to the FIRST stripping... Can't wait to see what they do about the second.... Yes, a quality response from "Customer Support" :rolleyes:

How about this for a start.... All DDO store airship amenity sales after the MOTU release be 100% refunded AUTOMATICALLY, NO CALLING, NO E-MAILS ... People do realise that calling Turbine Customer Support is a toll call, which can be VERY expensive if you happen to live in a country other than the U.S, they must realise this....

As for the in game plat.. I'm sure people are just screwed on that... :rolleyes:

Chai
06-28-2012, 12:39 PM
http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=380774

Use coupon Ship01 to receive free airship amenities in the DDO Store (up to 900 points total shopping cart value). Limit 1 per account, valid through Thursday July 5th.

(note that the coupon is per person and not per guild; more than one guild member may apply their purchases towards the same airship)

They ARE doing *something* about it, although I do agree with you that this bug is a PITA.

Neg rep for this post? You guys will get mad at anything.

smatt
06-28-2012, 12:44 PM

They ARE doing *something* about it, although I do agree with you that this bug is a PITA.

Wait so a guildie of mine spent 2700 tps 2 days ago to replace ONLY the XP shrine, and did that again this morning and your'e saying that a 900 TP coupon is fair comphensation?

Even you the grand defender of Turbine must realise how rediculous that is....

Chai
06-28-2012, 01:05 PM
Grand defender? No - I just provide my negative feedback in the right place and in the right tone.

And its 900 TP per person. (note that the coupon is per person and not per guild; more than one guild member may apply their purchases towards the same airship).

I also do research before I start cursing out their CS:

Note post #221 in this thread: http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?p=4552654#post4552654

People are getting refunds, AND 900 TP per account worth of ship buffs.

Sounds like they made a good customer service decision to me, of course after making a poor implementation decision.

smatt
06-28-2012, 02:07 PM
Grand defender? No - I just provide my negative feedback in the right place and in the right tone.

And its 900 TP per person. (note that the coupon is per person and not per guild; more than one guild member may apply their purchases towards the same airship).

I also do research before I start cursing out their CS:

Note post #221 in this thread: http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?p=4552654#post4552654

People are getting refunds, AND 900 TP per account worth of ship buffs.

Sounds like they made a good customer service decision to me, of course after making a poor implementation decision.

Nice report... On global warming... :rolleyes:

No you didn't research anything, at least not very well. The refund has been refused as per my first post, at least in that case. And only guild officers can add time to ammenities, regualr members can put up an ammenity IF it's expired, so you propose that guild sit around and wait with empty slots till someone logs in and replaces them with the free code? Really? You do realise that MOST guilds are very small, and that ships have between 6 and 30 slots... Math Chai math..... So say you have a ship with 4 store bought ammenenites.. 4 week on each that's 16 right? 16*500 (average) = 8,000 in this one case... Say the guild only has 5 people... 5*900 = 4,500... That's just one example.... With only 4 store bought shrines.. Tehre are obvisouly 1,000's fo combinations and cases.. So no you didn't research anything, nor did oyu actualyl think thigns through...

It's a joke, Turbine is ripping off it's players... At lest at thsi point they've decided people won't leave the game after beind ripped off so they wil let it go as is.

Defend away...

They screwed up again... they did nt' bother to test properly again... And they're expecting the palyers to go out their way to solve and suffer the problem THEY(Turbine) created, through poor business practices... It's rookie... It's unproffesional...

Chai
06-28-2012, 02:30 PM
Nice report... On global warming... :rolleyes:

No you didn't research anything, at least not very well. The refund has been refused as per my first post, at least in that case. And only guild officers can add time to ammenities, regualr members can put up an ammenity IF it's expired, so you propose that guild sit around and wait with empty slots till someone logs in and replaces them with the free code? Really? You do realise that MOST guilds are very small, and that ships have between 6 and 30 slots... Math Chai math..... So say you have a ship with 4 store bought ammenenites.. 4 week on each that's 16 right? 16*500 (average) = 8,000 in this one case... Say the guild only has 5 people... 5*900 = 4,500... That's just one example.... With only 4 store bought shrines.. Tehre are obvisouly 1,000's fo combinations and cases.. So no you didn't research anything, nor did oyu actualyl think thigns through...

It's a joke, Turbine is ripping off it's players... At lest at thsi point they've decided people won't leave the game after beind ripped off so they wil let it go as is.

Defend away...

Sorry, but youre incorrect. I did my research and know people who are receiving refunds for this. The 900 point coupons are icing on the cake. What you did not do is contact their CS through the proper methods. If you had, you wouldnt be on the boards complaining about it in such a knee jerk fashion. You chose the in game method which has been known all along that they provide scripted responses. Since your first post indicated you believe people should be refunded for this, the lack of research was on your part. I pointed out an example where someone got their refund, by going through the correct channels in order to get it. Irrefutable.

They screwed up again... they did nt' bother to test properly again... And they're expecting the palyers to go out their way to solve and suffer the problem THEY(Turbine) created, through poor business practices... It's rookie... It's unproffesional...

Yes it was poor implementation, but that doesnt mean the CS resolution to the implementation issue is poor.

Defend away...

Ive been pointing this out for years now. Glad you agree with me. People complain in the loudest quantity based fashion possible, but they do not leave. Actions speak louder than words. When peoples actions completely contradict their words they stop being taken seriously. Tearing into their CS this hard, then tabbing back in afterward to play some more DDO causes them to reach one of two possible conclusions.

1. This issue doesnt impact us as badly as the overexagerated post(s) indicate it does.

2. They have us over a barrel and we'll just keep coming back regardless of how hard the screws are put to us.

It doesnt matter which is the case, because the end result is the same. People complain up a storm, then keep playing, which is the most important factor in the entire discussion.

Pape_27
06-28-2012, 02:39 PM

Neg rep for this post? You guys will get mad at anything.

Thats like shooting someone with a gun and then giving them a band aid.

_

LeslieWest_GuitarGod
06-28-2012, 03:11 PM
I have to parallel Smatt's frustration here. The fact that we had two ship ameneties wipes is understandable and forgivable. The fact there is inadequate communication and compensation? Completely unprofessional and this needs to be expedited to priority one.

Like Smatt's guild, we have plenty of resources, but TP = real money. Its unfair for anyone to have to bare the cost for Turbine error. And it is worse on the small, upcoming guild.

Like Chai states, they are fixing it, but their first solution is nowhere near conclusive. This needs to get expedited and delt fairly and with earnest.

Cordovan
06-28-2012, 03:17 PM
Since this thread has devolved into off-topic fighting between individual users, and off-topic discussions of whether people are or are not "fanbois" (a term that can be in violation of the community guidelines, if used to describe a specific person, for example), it has been cleaned up and closed.