PDA

View Full Version : Any chance of charm debuff been removed from epic normal and hard?

idle1
06-21-2012, 06:53 PM
I just tested bargain of blood on epic hard and mass suggestion was lasting only a few seconds each time, since people will be soloing or maybe small grouping these on normal/hard is it really still needed to disallow charm cc? Its fun to dominate and charm stuff and really handly solo, isnt epic elites the new epicwarded mobs?

sirgog
06-21-2012, 07:01 PM
Charm effects are capped at 12 or 15 seconds or so from the original Epic Ward. I too would like to see this removed from non-epElite.

'Charmaggeddon' runs of easy quests are fun.

slimkj
06-22-2012, 05:30 PM
Yeah, now Epic is just ">L20", it'd be nice to see this reviewed. A great tool in the wizard's arsenal was nerfed fairly hard anyway with the follow tweaking, let's at least have it work in the new content (under Elite).

bigolbear
06-23-2012, 10:37 AM
I made a comment on this in the 'hard to kill' mechanic thread.

Im very glad they got rid of the hard to kill mechanic, however there are some thought processes that can be used from it, especialy when it comes to spells like charms or illusions(all the illusion spells we curently dont have in ddo unfrotunately)

This is an idea/mechanic ive used in pen and paper to good effect.

IDEA:
Intelligent enemies recieve a saving throw bonus based on the number of current enemies(within sight) That are currently effected by a mind effecting spell such as charm, dominate, command or certain illusions such as halucinatory terrain or glamours.

Charmies are definately fun, but the reason the limit is there in epics currently is because charming is a very powerful technique. My idea would be a replacement for the current mechanic of lmiting charm durations unfairly and severely. It would make dominate monster/person a viable spell in epics, and help the validity of charms/mass charms.

With say a +2 circumstance bonus on saves to charms for each currently charmed enemy it would be possible to gather a small group of charmed enemies, and use charms in a tactical manner -but would no longer be possible to dance through the dungeon throwing pink d4's at every thing in sight.