PDA

View Full Version : Petitio: Dear Forum Moderators: Don't delete our fauvorite threads

Vellrad
06-20-2012, 01:42 PM
Hi, its a petiotion to forum moderators.

When somone posts someting extraordinarily dumb, and when people laugth of it, start to post funny things and pics, please don't delete said thread if there is no hardcore flaming/insulting etc there, just move it to off-topic, and let us have fun on your forums.

Sincrerarily,
Player(s)

Alrik_Fassbauer
06-21-2012, 03:35 AM
The question is :

- Are the people laughing at the poster ?
- Are people laughing at the dumb post ?
- Did/does the poster realize that the posted thing was kind of dumb ? Is he or she able to retain some sort of self-irony throughout the process ?

Because - the times have changed, and nowadays it has become very, very, very difficult to tell whether someone is bullying someone else through laughing at him or her - and "having fun" through bullying by laughing at someone and/or his or her post ( to scorn someone or something),
or whether the "dumb post" was specifically made to create "some fun" intentionally ( ! ) by the original poster himself or herself.

Nowadays - and this is my personal perception - people rather tend to bully people (and having "some fun" specificall through bullying !) by making fun of people.

This is something that has rather grown within the last 10 years, I believe.

And for moderators this is even more hard to tell.

Xynot2
06-21-2012, 09:02 AM
The question is :

- Are the people laughing at the poster ?
- Are people laughing at the dumb post ?
- Did/does the poster realize that the posted thing was kind of dumb ? Is he or she able to retain some sort of self-irony throughout the process ?

Because - the times have changed, and nowadays it has become very, very, very difficult to tell whether someone is bullying someone else through laughing at him or her - and "having fun" through bullying by laughing at someone and/or his or her post ( to scorn someone or something),
or whether the "dumb post" was specifically made to create "some fun" intentionally ( ! ) by the original poster himself or herself.

Nowadays - and this is my personal perception - people rather tend to bully people (and having "some fun" specificall through bullying !) by making fun of people.

This is something that has rather grown within the last 10 years, I believe.

And for moderators this is even more hard to tell.

On the other side of this, still with the moderators tendency to err on the side of caution, people have become too thin skinned and automatically assume they are getting bullied. So with these 2 things in mind, you can see how the mod would just delete it instead of letting one side of this or the other claim it to be a flame war.

Cordovan
06-21-2012, 10:31 AM
Sorry, but if a thread or post violates the guidelines, we are not going to allow it, despite any potential humor value contained within. :)