PDA

View Full Version : What are artificers to do come release?

ricky4
06-20-2012, 01:14 AM
There is no destiny for artificers. Don't tell me anything will do, its poor at best and terrible for most.

On release day, do I have to take ranger destiny (yes I TRed incase this was only choice)?

If I take ranger destiny and a real artificer destiny appears, will I have to traverse through all the useless destinys to get to my real destiny?

People say that some destinys get more attention, well artificers didnt get one to test nor comment on.

Can a dev give feedback on this situation and a time frame as to when it will be rectified?

threefeetunder
06-20-2012, 01:28 AM
There is no destiny for artificers. Don't tell me anything will do, its poor at best and terrible for most.

On release day, do I have to take ranger destiny (yes I TRed incase this was only choice)?

If I take ranger destiny and a real artificer destiny appears, will I have to traverse through all the useless destinys to get to my real destiny?

People say that some destinys get more attention, well artificers didnt get one to test nor comment on.

Can a dev give feedback on this situation and a time frame as to when it will be rectified?
There is no ranger destiny. There's a ranged/spellcasting one called Shiradis champion which fits a ranged artificers playstyle quite well. There's also 2 arcane destinies which provide nice buffs for an arties spellcasting/runearm and the Fatesinger destiny destiny is usable by pretty much anyone.

Diyon
06-20-2012, 01:41 AM
There is no ranger destiny. There's a ranged/spellcasting one called Shiradis champion which fits a ranged artificers playstyle quite well. There's also 2 arcane destinies which provide nice buffs for an arties spellcasting/runearm and the Fatesinger destiny destiny is usable by pretty much anyone.

Also shadow dancer is pretty good for arties too, and you can start with a destiny right next to it. Fatesinger, which as Three said there, is pretty decent for anyone.

Also, you'll want to level through those other destinies at some point so you can get fate points.

deahamlet
06-20-2012, 06:50 AM
If you're actually on an artificer life you will have to start in the arcane sphere. What I don't know is if the caster level increases to arcane spells in the arcane trees actually apply to all artificer spells since bb is really a divine spell.

Anyway. As a caster artificer I definitely will unlock the magister, draconic incarnation, shiradi and the shadowdancer destinies. You can always twist some abilities and as I've discussed with other arti players, I'm very likely to have 2-3 destiny setups that I need to swap between depending on the raid I'm going in. Right now I swap between very caster oriented gear and ranged dps gear and survivability gear, can't fit them all in. I can see swapping from caster oriented destiny setup (for soloing and epic quests) to ranged dps or sneak attack/evasion setup for some raids.

Someone speculated that arti destiny will be about pets, I hope they're dead wrong because I still think pets are super weak and still buggy.

Arlathen
06-20-2012, 07:00 AM
I was thinking Arti's should go for the Shadowdancer destiny, then twist in Evoc DC increases from Magister.

Will allow you to stay pure during Heroic levels, get a buttload of Sneak attack for Ranged DPS that would stack with Half-Elf Rogue Dillie, as well a some *very* nice abilities and Evasion/Immunity to Energy Drain. You can even take Int increases on Shadowdancer as well - throw in Insightful Reflexes to ensure your have a decent Reflex save if you go max Int for Spell DC.

threefeetunder
06-20-2012, 07:49 AM
If you're actually on an artificer life you will have to start in the arcane sphere. What I don't know is if the caster level increases to arcane spells in the arcane trees actually apply to all artificer spells since bb is really a divine spell.

Rule of thumb is the class decides the nature of the spell, so a bb cast by an arcane class would be considered arcane (since the magic is cast from an arcane source).

orakio
06-20-2012, 08:12 AM

Personally I plan on taking Fatesinger, and it is likely your best starting ED anyway as it bridges to martial and also opens up both of the other arcane ed's simultaneously. Eventually I may move over to shiradi as I work on opening up fate points, but shadowdancer is also a useful ED because of evasion from the top tier autogrant, helping arti's be a trap disabler on those quests where you gotta pass a trap to get to the box.

As far as fatesinger goes, +9 damage from tailwind and grandeur at tier4 on ranged attacks, additional mini slayer arrows type effect from dirge(vorpal for 10d6sonic+10d6elec damage), and aria boosts runearm damage on force runearms as well as BB. I would look into getting up to tier2 magister/draconic for their evocation boosts to help with your overall runearm dps (less saves due to higher dc's), and then you can make the decision to move over towards shiradi or not as desired.

Diyon
06-20-2012, 09:25 AM
Rule of thumb is the class decides the nature of the spell, so a bb cast by an arcane class would be considered arcane (since the magic is cast from an arcane source).

+1. It always bothers me when people start going on about bards having divine spells and druids casting arcane spells.

BlackSteel
06-21-2012, 06:42 PM
As far as fatesinger goes, +9 damage from tailwind and grandeur at tier4 on ranged attacks, additional mini slayer arrows type effect from dirge(vorpal for 10d6sonic+10d6elec damage), and aria boosts runearm damage on force runearms as well as BB. I would look into getting up to tier2 magister/draconic for their evocation boosts to help with your overall runearm dps (less saves due to higher dc's), and then you can make the decision to move over towards shiradi or not as desired.

this

its sucks not to have a devoted destiny or finished PrE's, but arti's certainly are not lacking in excellent choices in an ED

even at a shot every six seconds, the little rune arm has the capability to put out far more DPS than any repeater. whether or not you choose to maximize that is up to the player; but using the rune arm as solely a buff to repeater damage is doing a disservice to the class. All 3 arcane destinies can help boost your rune arm