PDA

View Full Version : Class and Race Sale

Uproar
06-16-2012, 02:28 PM
How come I am unable to buy any of the deals for my account?

I was subscribed, but am now unsubscribed though still have game time left.

I saw the deals -- would like to buy them. Won't let me. How can I resolve this issue while the deals remain active?

Jsbeer
06-16-2012, 02:48 PM
Unfortunately I believe you can't buy anything you 'rent' as a VIP while you still have time on your subscription :(
If you do a search you will people saying that it WAS possible to ask Turbine to suspend your VIP status temporarily, but it appears they don't do this any more.....

herzkos
06-16-2012, 03:43 PM
How come I am unable to buy any of the deals for my account?

I was subscribed, but am now unsubscribed though still have game time left.

I saw the deals -- would like to buy them. Won't let me. How can I resolve this issue while the deals remain active?

sorry mate, can't resolve it: while your sub remains active (you bought it, imagine the gnashing of teeth
if you cancelled your sub and didn't have access to what you have already paid for) you cannot puchase
"specials" that you already have access to. yes, this is a pain in the tookus. OTOH, what would stop me -
a natural born shyster- from subbing for 6 months at a time then cancelling my sub when I see a deal(using
my free TP from vip) and then just resubbing at the same sub rate?

I'm sure you've seen how people exploit for virtual items, imagine how they exploit for real money.

Uproar
06-16-2012, 10:11 PM
sorry mate, can't resolve it: while your sub remains active (you bought it, imagine the gnashing of teeth
if you cancelled your sub and didn't have access to what you have already paid for) you cannot puchase
"specials" that you already have access to. yes, this is a pain in the tookus. OTOH, what would stop me -
a natural born shyster- from subbing for 6 months at a time then cancelling my sub when I see a deal(using
my free TP from vip) and then just resubbing at the same sub rate?

I'm sure you've seen how people exploit for virtual items, imagine how they exploit for real money.

So what your saying is customers who go the extra mile and pay a subscription are penalized. Great customer service. I guess I'm more than happy to cancel... and refrain from buying anything ever again. Great plan.

(FWIW: defending ignorance always makes one appear ignorant)

BaigaiFL
06-18-2012, 05:34 PM
I agree completely. I would like the ability to purchase access that I already have while VIP. I really feel it is unfair that a person who doesn't spend a dime on this game can own this feature for life, but for those who pay, we have to continue paying to get the same thing. It doesn't make any sense!

Mizzaroo
06-19-2012, 02:54 PM
I agree completely. I would like the ability to purchase access that I already have while VIP. I really feel it is unfair that a person who doesn't spend a dime on this game can own this feature for life, but for those who pay, we have to continue paying to get the same thing. It doesn't make any sense!

Umm... As a Premium player Ive spent much more than a dime on this game.

BaigaiFL
06-19-2012, 04:13 PM
Umm... As a Premium player Ive spent much more than a dime on this game.

You obviously misunderstood.

Although I would like to remain a regular supporter of the game, I would prefer to choose the option of owning content as opposed to renting it. It is apparent that in order for me to do this, I will have to cancel my "VIP" membership at the end of my current subscription. If, in the future, your policy changes to accommodate these needs and include them with the "VIP" membership, I shall reconsider. I know I am not alone in this issue.

Dagolar
06-19-2012, 04:40 PM
By default, the Store hides things you already have access to. This is a beneficial element of the store, to reduce clutter and annoyance.

The 'Show All Items' toggle next to the search bar SHOULD allow you to access all unpurchased account features, regardless of account type.

If it still doesn't let you view the items, this is a flaw/bug in the store that you're fully up for making Turbine address.
Regardless, as long as you talk to Turbine BEFORE purchase, you've got a chance of them addressing the matter for you.

I'd advise against purchasing first, since the last time I did that, Turbine's support staff essentially told me to screw off, leaving me with a 400-500tp loss. Needless to say, I've been uncomfortable buying from them ever since- despite still being one of their most devout supporters and promoters..

So, yes. There are occasional reasons to be severely irked with Turbine. But hold off on that till after seeing if they'll address it.

Mizzaroo
06-19-2012, 05:11 PM
You obviously misunderstood.

Although I would like to remain a regular supporter of the game, I would prefer to choose the option of owning content as opposed to renting it. It is apparent that in order for me to do this, I will have to cancel my "VIP" membership at the end of my current subscription. If, in the future, your policy changes to accommodate these needs and include them with the "VIP" membership, I shall reconsider. I know I am not alone in this issue.

Oh no. I didnt misunderstand what it is you want. Im all for VIPs being able to buy packs and what not so that should their subscriptions run out, they still have them. So that part I understood. It was the part where you said 'those who havent spent a dime on this game' I was refering to. Since, as a premium player, I have spent moolahs on DDO.

BaigaiFL
06-19-2012, 06:11 PM
My point is that someone CAN play the game, not spend a dime, and grind favor to own whatever content they want by spending Turbine Points without restriction. VIP's are denied the opportunity to own the content, so long as they are VIP status and have access to it while they are VIP. It looks like "Free to Play" = Freedom.

herzkos
06-20-2012, 01:54 PM
So what your saying is customers who go the extra mile and pay a subscription are penalized. Great customer service. I guess I'm more than happy to cancel... and refrain from buying anything ever again. Great plan.

(FWIW: defending ignorance always makes one appear ignorant)

no, that's not what I was saying, that's what you said.

(FWIW: putting words in someone's mouth in order to make them look . . . nevermind, not worth infraction points.)