PDA

View Full Version : Do Epic Ability Feats count for prereqs?

Firewall
06-16-2012, 12:21 AM
Did anyone test if the Epic Ability feats count for ability prerequisites for feats like the monk vorpal feat or Epic toughness and the like?

Emili
06-16-2012, 12:43 AM
if you mean things like greater Strength and such... they do in D&Dm in fact that's how you get to hit the marks there. Items and temps do not count only thing built into the character you cannot change.

shadereaper33
06-16-2012, 07:59 AM
Per the P&P rules, they should count towards pre-req's, but I haven't heard of anyone actually testing them yet.

Firewall
06-17-2012, 12:21 AM
Ok tested this myself on my lvl 22 monk. Seems like the Greater Wisdom feat does NOT count for the Vorpal Strikes feat.
What i did: Lesser Reincarnated and put 22 points in WIS including tomes and then chose Greater Wisdom as my first Epic feat. When i check the unavailable feat list the Prereq WIS 23 of vorpal strikes is still shown in red.

Ovrad
06-17-2012, 02:46 AM
Ok tested this myself on my lvl 22 monk. Seems like the Greater Wisdom feat does NOT count for the Vorpal Strikes feat.
What i did: Lesser Reincarnated and put 22 points in WIS including tomes and then chose Greater Wisdom as my first Epic feat. When i check the unavailable feat list the Prereq WIS 23 of vorpal strikes is still shown in red.

The +2 from completionist never counted towards prereqs either, so I guess it's WAI.

...not that I'd complain if it was changed. :)