PDA

View Full Version : Please put a cute pet in ddo store ASAP

eris2323
06-15-2012, 12:30 PM
C'mon? An ugly kobold, or an ugly rat are our only choices in the ddo store?

People are waiting to throw ddo points at cute pets, so c'mon now.

Hook us up.

Jay203
06-15-2012, 12:45 PM
define "cute"

Auralana7214
06-15-2012, 12:46 PM
Pink Unicorn cute.

Missing_Minds
06-15-2012, 12:46 PM
define "cute"

http://www.sfxb.co.uk/80sfgfx/danduni.jpg

Auralana7214
06-15-2012, 12:48 PM
http://www.sfxb.co.uk/80sfgfx/danduni.jpg

I was just waiting for a picture!

Silverwren
06-15-2012, 12:48 PM
Please don't.

Nyxianne
06-15-2012, 12:49 PM
I think the kobolds are cute - they're mini kobolds and they talk and levitate. :)

Memnir
06-15-2012, 12:50 PM
Up till yesterday, they had the cutest pet in the Store that it will ever have...
http://i.imgur.com/izDg0.jpg
:D

SiliconScout
06-15-2012, 12:54 PM
Also please add a UI switch that allows us to turn off all pets on our client end.

Thanks!

=)

Jay203
06-15-2012, 12:59 PM
Up till yesterday, they had the cutest pet in the Store that it will ever have...
<picture>
:D

Rusty is cuter :p

eris2323
06-15-2012, 01:01 PM
They is all ooooooogly.

I want Cute. Huggable. They have some cats and dogs, retexture those, that'd be fine. Just one non-ugly pet, c'mon!!!!!

I dunno, make em sprout rainbows and hearts and stuff for the girlies...

You know there's a market, Turbine... do eet!

Stop the ugly-pet-parade!

Eighnuss
06-15-2012, 01:10 PM
Hot pink mephit that shoots rainbows

eris2323
06-15-2012, 01:15 PM
The lengendary esquilax...

Cauthey
06-15-2012, 01:20 PM
A Succubus. I'll name her "Flirt."

Missing_Minds
06-15-2012, 01:22 PM

Not Scarlet?

Nyxianne
06-15-2012, 01:24 PM
They is all ooooooogly.

I want Cute. Huggable. They have some cats and dogs, retexture those, that'd be fine. Just one non-ugly pet, c'mon!!!!!

I dunno, make em sprout rainbows and hearts and stuff for the girlies...

You know there's a market, Turbine... do eet!

Stop the ugly-pet-parade!

They have sparkle dust for sale :) And again - remember a lot of girls go for that so ugly it's cute vibe, as evidenced by the teacup chihuahua in the purse accessory fad.
(You know it's true, the things look like a mexican rat mated with a bug! Cute, but mostly ugly! Give me a pomeranian any day.)

Theender
06-15-2012, 01:53 PM
Editted: Deleted comment because people can't take negative criticism/joke. Yes it's cowardice on my part to delete my comment, but apparently I'm the only one against the notion of bringing in very cute stuff without firstly introducing a toggle switch for people that don't want to see it. Thanks for all the negative rep that levelled any positive rep I gained in the past. I tried to be a positive and helpful member in this forum but one badly constructed post against a favoured topic has made me depressed on the whole idea. I'm sorry if I've offended you. And thank you for showing me what this forum is truely like before I got too into it.

Cauthey
06-15-2012, 02:04 PM
Not Scarlet?

Nope.

That's a good name for a Succubus. But, mine will be named "Flirt (http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?p=4508340#post4508340)". :D

azrael4h
06-17-2012, 01:59 AM
Nope.

That's a good name for a Succubus. But, mine will be named "Flirt (http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?p=4508340#post4508340)". :D

I think I'd stick with my theme of naming the pets after the Dinobots. Snarl! Slag! Sludge! Already have a Swoop and a Grimlock.

Xynot2
06-17-2012, 10:46 AM
I would rather see a trick for the pet kobolds that says some of the Cove stuff.

Titus_Ovid
06-17-2012, 11:06 AM
also please add a ui switch that allows us to turn off all pets on our client end.

=)

asap

Xynot2
06-17-2012, 11:10 AM
I would name her after my ex-wife

azrael4h
06-18-2012, 09:56 AM
I would name her after my ex-wife

In my case, that would get me a ban. :D

Magnyr_Delorn
06-19-2012, 07:02 AM
The fact that this thread exists makes me sad. :(

Second and Third the option to turn off all pets client-side.

Feralthyrtiaq
06-19-2012, 07:54 AM
Editted: Deleted comment because people can't take negative criticism/joke. Yes it's cowardice on my part to delete my comment, but apparently I'm the only one against the notion of bringing in very cute stuff without firstly introducing a toggle switch for people that don't want to see it. Thanks for all the negative rep that levelled any positive rep I gained in the past. I tried to be a positive and helpful member in this forum but one badly constructed post against a favoured topic has made me depressed on the whole idea. I'm sorry if I've offended you. And thank you for showing me what this forum is truely like before I got too into it.

And for the record w/e it was you said....I'll second it...

Cosmetic pets are just that cosmetic...and like all cosmetics they are meant to distract...

The cosmetic pets in this game are just that...a distraction...

They add NOTHING to game mechanics/playability ...

Could easily be added within a players own head...ie thinking "Puppies, Unicorn, Cotton Candy, Rainbows w/e"

They are IN FACT at times a way to passively bully other players..

Especially when Leader of group says and types "Please dismiss your pets cosmetic and otherwise"

Chirp Chirp Chirp

"Hey dismiss your pet"

Chirp Chirp Chirp

"HEY LOLTH HEAD DISMISS THE LOLTHING PET"

Chirp Chirp Chirp

I stopped summoning the CE Xpac cosmetic pet the second time they blocked a spell...

But, if having a pet makes you feel special like you have your own special friend well.....I got nothing /shakes head

cdbd3rd
06-19-2012, 08:02 AM
Tribbles. Nuff said. :)

http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s135/aeonnz/animated/cdf4a452.gif

...Wanting a pet toggle is fine, but bashing folks that do want cosmetic items is getting kinda crazy.

Dagolar
06-19-2012, 03:14 PM
Cute?
Sure.
Mini Evil Eyes, Mini Arraetrikos, Sprites, and Al-mi'raj for all!

And if all that fails to touch your cute craving...
Mini Rainbow Elementals from the Quasi-Elemental Plane of Radiance.

Kawai
06-20-2012, 09:13 AM
Skimmed through the thread, so sue me if i might have missed this if already requested (no, ive not much patience, sorry. :rolleyes:)

Rangers need thier FULL-ON pet. This has been cried for many times... and yea, i realize Rangers are FTP... i say -so what?
If cosmetic only, me wanna cuddly lil bengal tiger. ;)

Thanquil
06-20-2012, 10:55 PM
companions are the worst idea ever pets is the runner up.

/not signed

parvo
06-21-2012, 06:25 AM
Under one condition. They are tagged as PvP, thus allowing me to chop them to bits.

This game is going way too WoW. The absurdity factor of these pet things is over the top. They should be personal instance only, not allowed in public. Public display destroys the D&D style flavor of the entire city.

Kawai
06-21-2012, 08:31 AM
companions are the worst idea ever pets is the runner up.
/not signed

...that's your choice babe. However, i guess i do feel compelled to point out that animal companions are a part of the base game. *shrug

Under one condition. They are tagged as PvP, thus allowing me to chop them to bits.

In your little permadeath thingy? Seriously? Would b kinda fun to watch you re-roll after being mauled by someones cub. :p

This game is going way too WoW. The absurdity factor of these pet things is over the top. They should be personal instance only, not allowed in public. Public display destroys the D&D style flavor of the entire city.

People want pets. DDO obliges. It's generally referred to as "making money" The few of you who really really dont... well... don't purchase. :rolleyes:

Eladiun
06-21-2012, 08:33 AM
define "cute"

Mini Harry!!!!!!!!!!!!
Mini Harry!!!!!!!!!!!!
Mini Harry!!!!!!!!!!!!
Mini Harry!!!!!!!!!!!!
Mini Harry!!!!!!!!!!!!
Mini Harry!!!!!!!!!!!!
Mini Harry!!!!!!!!!!!!Mini Harry!!!!!!!!!!!!
Mini Harry!!!!!!!!!!!!Mini Harry!!!!!!!!!!!!Mini Harry!!!!!!!!!!!!Mini Harry!!!!!!!!!!!!Mini Harry!!!!!!!!!!!!Mini Harry!!!!!!!!!!!!Mini Harry!!!!!!!!!!!!Mini Harry!!!!!!!!!!!!Mini Harry!!!!!!!!!!!!Mini Harry!!!!!!!!!!!!Mini Harry!!!!!!!!!!!!Mini Harry!!!!!!!!!!!!
Mini Harry!!!!!!!!!!!!Mini Harry!!!!!!!!!!!!Mini Harry!!!!!!!!!!!!Mini Harry!!!!!!!!!!!!Mini Harry!!!!!!!!!!!!Mini Harry!!!!!!!!!!!!Mini Harry!!!!!!!!!!!!Mini Harry!!!!!!!!!!!!Mini Harry!!!!!!!!!!!!Mini Harry!!!!!!!!!!!!Mini Harry!!!!!!!!!!!!
Mini Harry!!!!!!!!!!!!Mini Harry!!!!!!!!!!!!Mini Harry!!!!!!!!!!!!Mini Harry!!!!!!!!!!!!Mini Harry!!!!!!!!!!!!Mini Harry!!!!!!!!!!!!Mini Harry!!!!!!!!!!!!
Mini Harry!!!!!!!!!!!!Mini Harry!!!!!!!!!!!!Mini Harry!!!!!!!!!!!!Mini Harry!!!!!!!!!!!!Mini Harry!!!!!!!!!!!!Mini Harry!!!!!!!!!!!!Mini Harry!!!!!!!!!!!!Mini Harry!!!!!!!!!!!!Mini Harry!!!!!!!!!!!!Mini Harry!!!!!!!!!!!!Mini Harry!!!!!!!!!!!!Mini Harry!!!!!!!!!!!!
Mini Harry!!!!!!!!!!!!Mini Harry!!!!!!!!!!!!Mini Harry!!!!!!!!!!!!Mini Harry!!!!!!!!!!!!Mini Harry!!!!!!!!!!!!Mini Harry!!!!!!!!!!!!Mini Harry!!!!!!!!!!!!Mini Harry!!!!!!!!!!!!Mini Harry!!!!!!!!!!!!Mini Harry!!!!!!!!!!!!Mini Harry!!!!!!!!!!!!Mini Harry!!!!!!!!!!!!Mini Harry!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kawai
06-21-2012, 08:35 AM
http://i528.photobucket.com/albums/dd324/geoffhanna/MMOtivational/animalcompanions.png

Nyxianne
06-21-2012, 08:37 AM
...Wanting a pet toggle is fine, but bashing folks that do want cosmetic items is getting kinda crazy.

This :) I don't mind if people want to be able to toggle this on and off - I just don't like people that bash me because I think they are adorable.

Xynot2
06-21-2012, 08:54 AM
This :) I don't mind if people want to be able to toggle this on and off - I just don't like people that bash me because I think they are adorable.

I wouldn't bash you for that. But with them blocking spells, I would ask you to put it away when questing.

OH! and I want a vampire bunny.

Dagolar
06-21-2012, 08:59 AM
http://i528.photobucket.com/albums/dd324/geoffhanna/MMOtivational/animalcompanions.png

Want.

Uska
06-21-2012, 09:26 AM
Tribbles. Nuff said. :)

http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s135/aeonnz/animated/cdf4a452.gif

Me want a dozen of those to figure they should tick halforcs though since they appear to be very klingon like.

parvo
06-22-2012, 05:44 AM
...that's your choice babe. However, i guess i do feel compelled to point out that animal companions are a part of the base game. *shrug

In your little permadeath thingy? Seriously? Would b kinda fun to watch you re-roll after being mauled by someones cub. :p

People want pets. DDO obliges. It's generally referred to as "making money" The few of you who really really dont... well... don't purchase. :rolleyes:

As typical, I didn't make this personal, but some "normal" player does. Fine. Animal companions as part of the base game? Fine with that too. A few dogs, cats, birds running around the city wouldn't put it so out of place. Baby kobolds, golems, flencers, following every cupcake eater with a dime? Stupid. It ruins the ambiance of the city. As far as DDO making money, that is a lame excuse for ruining the city. They would make more money by allowing players to turn viewing them off. Same with cupkaces, candy canes, flowers, and anything else that makes the city look like Wizards 101 instead of what it is. Stormreach is a gritty frontier community on the edge of wilderness, surrounded by danger and death.

Kawai
06-22-2012, 08:38 AM
...As typical, I didn't make this personal, but some "normal" player does. Fine.
http://healthtalks.info/wp-content/uploads/2012/06/Colic-In-Babies.jpg

:rolleyes: ...you wanted them in PvP... your idea... that pretty much makes it personal to all of those who love thier pets. So bring your little booty to the arena and b a big-boy!

...It ruins the ambiance of the city. As far as DDO making money, that is a lame excuse for ruining the city.

The...ambiance?
?
?!? :confused:
WHAT frikking ambiance?! It's an overall empty city with buildings and static NPCs... ?!? ..."the more the merrier" -i think applies. :)

...They would make more money by allowing players to turn viewing them off.

which would defeat the whole purpose of the have's rubbing it in to the have-nots... which is a sales strategy i would guess... but hey, im not against your little clicky. ~Click away, Earl. :D

...Stormreach is a gritty frontier community on the edge of wilderness, surrounded by danger and death.

:confused: :confused::o:):p got to remember this line... soooo dramatic!
Uhm, only problem is, i dont really see a lot of danger... or death for that matter, -lurking around anywhere. I see some NPCs... an auctioneer... maybe a few trainers hanging about... but hey -it's your imagination, you go with it, babe. ;)

parvo
06-22-2012, 06:50 PM
http://healthtalks.info/wp-content/uploads/2012/06/Colic-In-Babies.jpg

:rolleyes: ...you wanted them in PvP... your idea... that pretty much makes it personal to all of those who love thier pets. So bring your little booty to the arena and b a big-boy!

The...ambiance?
?
?!? :confused:
WHAT frikking ambiance?! It's an overall empty city with buildings and static NPCs... ?!? ..."the more the merrier" -i think applies. :)

which would defeat the whole purpose of the have's rubbing it in to the have-nots... which is a sales strategy i would guess... but hey, im not against your little clicky. ~Click away, Earl. :D

:confused: :confused::o:):p got to remember this line... soooo dramatic!
Uhm, only problem is, i dont really see a lot of danger... or death for that matter, -lurking around anywhere. I see some NPCs... an auctioneer... maybe a few trainers hanging about... but hey -it's your imagination, you go with it, babe. ;)

This is why we have an /ignore feature in game. Just let us /ignore thier security blankets too.

joaofalcao
06-22-2012, 07:33 PM
I signed for a beholder game, not a brocolli game.

/petsoff on my client.

Respect your own advertisement Turbine.

Ungood
06-23-2012, 04:33 PM
And for the record w/e it was you said....I'll second it...

Cosmetic pets are just that cosmetic...and like all cosmetics they are meant to distract...

The cosmetic pets in this game are just that...a distraction...

They add NOTHING to game mechanics/playability ...

Could easily be added within a players own head...ie thinking "Puppies, Unicorn, Cotton Candy, Rainbows w/e"

I always laugh when I read posts like this, especially from people who play MMO's were at least 90% of the all the graphics in the game are purely cosmetic and do not offer anything to mechanics or playability of the game.

Always brings a smile to my face when I read these kinds of posts of outrage at cosmetics and graphics in the game.

Anyway, to the people who don't like them, I suppose turbine should offer an Account Option, say 1500 Turbine Points to be able to turn off pets.

That sounds reasonable to me.

parvo
06-24-2012, 02:26 PM
I always laugh when I read posts like this, especially from people who play MMO's were at least 90% of the all the graphics in the game are purely cosmetic and do not offer anything to mechanics or playability of the game.

Always brings a smile to my face when I read these kinds of posts of outrage at cosmetics and graphics in the game.

Anyway, to the people who don't like them, I suppose turbine should offer an Account Option, say 1500 Turbine Points to be able to turn off pets.

That sounds reasonable to me.

1500 to turn them off. 2500 to mark them as PvP, give them blood and guts to spill. 3500 for right to security blanket trophies. For every one killed, it's head goes on a stake on the guild ship.

Plaidpooka
06-24-2012, 03:16 PM
They have sparkle dust for sale :) And again - remember a lot of girls go for that so ugly it's cute vibe, as evidenced by the teacup chihuahua in the purse accessory fad.
(You know it's true, the things look like a mexican rat mated with a bug! Cute, but mostly ugly! Give me a pomeranian any day.)

Speaking as a woman player, (and, yes, I do enjoy the sparkle dust) I agree with OP. If there were more attractive companions in the store, and more gear choices, my money and me would soon part ways. With me, the "so ugly it's cute" doesn't really apply. I am not a fan of teacup chihuahuas.

Ungood
06-24-2012, 03:34 PM
1500 to turn them off. 2500 to mark them as PvP, give them blood and guts to spill. 3500 for right to security blanket trophies. For every one killed, it's head goes on a stake on the guild ship.

There was a suggestion brought up before about allowing Pets to fight in "Arena's" where a d20 gets rolled and the one with the highest roll wins (non-modifiable). As a means for a sub game for players to do something with their pets. I thought that was a rather entertaining idea to be honest.

However, if they marked them as PvP, what would their Stats be based upon? The simple answer is, they would be based off the player who owns the pet. So like for example, a Completionist's pet would be neigh-godlike.

When you consider most pets are the sideline entertainment for bored TR's looking for something dorky to play with from time to time in-between the grind, I doubt that PvPing a Pet would be as serving as many players might think.

So, I suppose being able to PvP the pet would also require that the pet not be made too powerful, and thus players who have an inability to just accept them would also be givin a chance to be able to defeat them. But still the power level would need to akin to the player who had the pet out, IE: to make it viable that this was indeed their pet and thus the higher level and more powerful the player, equally so the more powerful the pet.

However, if they were going to go though all that programing, why not simply make the pets functional for the same 3500 TP?

I am sure that would be more enticing to the player base then watching some 3rd level drow monk get owned by their Pet because they just TRed for the 10th time and their Pets PvP stats are somewhere equal to a level 60 mob.