PDA

View Full Version : human versatility

bloodnose13
06-14-2012, 10:07 AM
i always wondered why human versatility is there if we cant use it as a alternative for prestige enchancement requirements, sure it covers bit more stuff than regular class actions but, its looks logical as a alternative, ap costs are exactly same, it would realy show that uniqueness of human as a race compared to others, same as other races getting race enchancements.

morticianjohn
06-14-2012, 10:12 AM
i always wondered why human versatility is there if we cant use it as a alternative for prestige enchancement requirements, sure it covers bit more stuff than regular class actions but, its looks logical as a alternative, ap costs are exactly same, it would realy show that uniqueness of human as a race compared to others, same as other races getting race enchancements.

This is probably (or at least hopefully) something they'll look at with the enhancements overpass assuming I've read your post correctly you're talking about this scenerio:

human paladin takes human versatility IV so can boost AC +5 via that enhancement. Why do I need to take pally AC boost to qualify for the prestige enhancement?

I do hope they look at that. Although the detractors will say

Human is already one of the best classes in the game and don't really need a buff. Human versatility is usually worth it and doesn't really need a buff. They're right, whomever they are but I don't really like the overlapping abilities and so I would like to see this change.

/signed

HatsuharuZ
06-14-2012, 10:13 AM
/signed

This would be heavenly!

bloodnose13
06-14-2012, 11:17 AM
human paladin takes human versatility IV so can boost AC +5 via that enhancement. Why do I need to take pally AC boost to qualify for the prestige enhancement?
/signed

that was exactly my point.

Forgeborn
06-14-2012, 10:13 PM
Personally, I'm off the opinion it should not be allowed to serve as a prerequisite instead of the 'class' boosts. Mainly because of the versatility of them. With a change like that a human fighter could take stalwart and use human versatility to cover his prereq, while only using the versatility enhancement for damage boosts.

Also, the issue of using one enhancement to cover multiple prerequisites comes to mind, even if they're impossible combinations at the moment (like stalwart defender and defender of siberys, both use 'armor class boost' as a prerequisite, and taking the fighter version locks you out of the paladin version, allowing each to use human versa instead would mean a multi-classed char could take both stances (which is a small issue as they are different bonuses and would probably stack with each other))

masterzzan
06-15-2012, 07:07 AM
don't worry about it .as they plan on redoing the whole enhancement tree's for the August patch.(been in the forum way before the expansion pack was out). also they say the will add the race pre for each race.
i myself looked at it when they had a glimpse show of the way it will look like (if i remember correctly it kinda looks like the layout of the epic destines). what i didn't like is it seems to be less versatile as the old one. like some enhancement have to have other upgraded before they can be ,which they don't have now.(the page they linked showed a rogue enhancement .and they linked the sneak attack damage and attack bonus to each other. so if until now you didn't bother with say the attack bonus as you hit everything with a roll of 2. now you have to spend ap to get it.if you want your sneak attack damage leveled up).