PDA

View Full Version : Shillelagh "almost" there

ianflaer
06-12-2012, 03:04 PM
I'm actually glad Shillelagh got a bit of a nerf, it was out of control, but I think the new version is just a little . .. ummm . . . boring.

the problem is that there's no reason to spend a feat for great club proficiency or take HElf fighter dilitant. I like the option of having a human form melee druid as an option.

the way shillelagh is written now there's no reason to use any wooden weapon but staff. I suggest that the damage bonus applied to staff be applied to any two handed wooden weapon. 1-10 +1-5 for greatclub as it is now is basically indestinguishable from the 1-6+1-6 of staff.

plain and simple: I like variety, and I think that spending a feat or locking into a particular race to make a plan work warrants a bit of payback.

not only that but doing this will make greatclub a weapon that some people will actually seak out. it can leave the ranks of daggers and light hammers that are utterly worthless as weapons and become something useful.

(as an asside I would revamp daggers to continue to do low damage amounts but to have a high critical multiplier and a broad crit range so there could be character builds that specifically used dagger but that's another discussion)

I just hate there being useless equipment. I mean there ought to be SOMEONE who gets excited when you pull that holy pure good greatclub or dagger out of the chest.

MrkGrismer
06-12-2012, 04:32 PM
Daggers should all double-strike, and the character should make a double-grunt sound when the strike with them.

fatherpirate
06-12-2012, 06:35 PM
my take

double base weapon damage should apply to ALL qualified weapons

club
Great club and staff

one catch...arty elemental weapon should NOT stack with it.
That would be too much