PDA

View Full Version : stone of experiance

Gingivitis
06-11-2012, 12:03 AM
my Idea would be to sell the stone of experiance in the ddo store for like 2k ddo points. its 55% of total xp needed to hit 20 is what I have been told. This would help me out so much.

Tshober
06-11-2012, 02:09 AM
And for 4K points you could get the superior stone of experience. It raises you from any level to level 25 and gives you a true heart of wood to get you ready for your next life. Why not skip that entire life? Life can be such a grind.

Seriously, I thought that vet level 7, bravery streaks, and greater books of learning had already made the game go by too fast to really enjoy the DDO content. But apparently I spectacularly underestimated our potential for speeding up the game!

Do you really want to skip the game and go right to farming GS mats? Or do you want to buy those in the store too? Where does it end? I'm thinking it might be pretty close to the end already, at least for me.

GrimGus
06-12-2012, 08:58 AM
gingivitis, if you are even remotely serious, you may be missing the point of the game. it's more about the journey.

besides those stone gave ok grear but it was not even close to the gear most toons would have if they had worked their way up. basicaly, if you were new to game and went from 8 to 16 you will be needing the run those lower quests anyway the get your character up to par with the people who did those quests while gaining xp.

truth is level # means very little, it is a mark on a sliding rule. gear makes big changes. knowing what play style best suits you and your character, makes a huge difference.

*edit for spelling

Xynot2
06-12-2012, 02:40 PM
I guess you missed the point of the XP stones in the first place. Marketing. Think about it. The 3 drow quests in the Harbor are level 16. They entice you to want to see what's coming in the expansion, give epic gear, etc. Giving them to the people who pre-ordered in order to use them on people who hadn't pre-oredered was a perk to those that did. Nothing more than having those that bought it, give another reason to those that didnt... reason to buy.

That's it. Pure, unadulterated marketing for the expansion.