PDA

View Full Version : Am I just "Triping"

Browork
06-10-2012, 05:58 PM
" However larger monsters, or monsters with many legs, are given appropriate bonuses to resist the trip, +4 per size difference or +8 or greater for creatures with many legs
"
Knockdown is a special attack of certain monsters, e.g. dogs and wolves (including the mechanical ones), similar to the trip maneuver, that renders opponents prone

This exert come from DDO wikis feat explanation of "Trip" and "knock down".

I dont think the appropriate bonus is being applied for the Druid when in wild shape,not sure how to test it but when in bear form I was being tripped or knocked down a awful lot by Giants.

If anyone smarter than me on game mechanics wishes to delve into deeper testing please feel free.
Thanks

Forgeborn
06-10-2012, 08:12 PM
A lot of monsters have inflated STR scores to deal sufficient damage to threaten us in some way, so their trip DC's are through the roof, and size matters, a creature gets a +4 bonus to trip check (both offensive and defensive) when they try to trip you, so the base DC for a giant to trip you is 10+4 (large size) + strength modifier.

You are allowed to resist that by making an opposing strength or dexterity check, using the higher of the two (1D20+ str or dex mod). of course, if said giant is having 60+ strength to 'pose a threat' it doesn't matter to much what you roll.

Browork
06-11-2012, 04:46 PM
Well when in wild shape wolf or bear a druid should recieve a +8 for having four legs,and after lvl 8 when they get wildshape (large) acording to DDO wiki they should get another +4 for size difference or negate the giants +4 for size difference.I am just not to sure this is being applied along with str or dex and balance.