PDA

View Full Version : Lets Haunt everyone

Xezrak
06-10-2012, 02:17 AM
I don't think casters should be the only class that gets haunted, I mean if a melee has 50 kills and a caster has 10 must be pretty boring for the caster? so how about every x kills you lose both DC and to hit, that way if a frenzied barb is running ahead getting all the kills his axe will be blunt and will start to miss a bit more.

I mean if casters getting all the kills make the game not fun for melees surely melees getting all the kills will make the game less fun for casters yes?

Lets hope everyone in the party can carry their weight.

Or maybe if you get x kills in a row without another party member getting a kill then you lose to hit and dc, of course this is when you are not soloing.'

Btw I think the whole idea is kinda silly...

psi0nix
06-10-2012, 02:20 AM
Now THIS I agree with, and arti's how about they get "haunted" for pew pewing everything at range......

Quarterling
06-10-2012, 03:13 AM
I mean if casters getting all the kills make the game not fun for melees surely melees getting all the kills will make the game less fun for casters yes?

In theory, it will allow the casters to use their death spells to kill a ton of mobs and then the melees can kill mobs while Haunted cools off.

If you are upset over the "kill count", you can always solo where you get 100% of the kills and therefore have the most fun.

Xezrak
06-10-2012, 05:00 AM
In theory, it will allow the casters to use their death spells to kill a ton of mobs and then the melees can kill mobs while Haunted cools off.

If you are upset over the "kill count", you can always solo where you get 100% of the kills and therefore have the most fun.

I personally don't have an issue with kill count, however, I think this change was in part implemented because melees were complaining they couldn't kill trash mobs, what I am saying is if casters should be penalised for killing too much it should apply across the board.

jayboss1
06-10-2012, 05:06 AM
Wasn't it implemented to stop casters from ROFLstomping everything

Khatzhas
06-10-2012, 05:19 AM
Indeed. To be consistent however it will have to apply to the same effects. It doesn't apply to caster "kills" so it shouldn't apply to melee "kills". It applies only to "death spells". Not just killing stuff through hit point damage.

So every time a melee successfully kills a mob with a death spell, they get a 10 second debuff giving them a -2 to the DCs of their death spells. That sounds fair.

That is what you're actually after isn't it Xezrak?

psi0nix
06-10-2012, 05:23 AM
Indeed. To be consistent however it will have to apply to the same effects. It doesn't apply to caster "kills" so it shouldn't apply to melee "kills". It applies only to "death spells". Not just killing stuff through hit point damage.

So every time a melee successfully kills a mob with a death spell, they get a 10 second debuff giving them a -2 to the DCs of their death spells. That sounds fair.

That is what you're actually after isn't it Xezrak?

Terror sword / vorpal etc, think that's about right :)

legendlore
06-10-2012, 06:34 AM
I don't think casters should be the only class that gets haunted

Like the posters above mentioned, this should absolutely be added for melee weapon effects as well. Remove the vorpal, banish etc 1000hp roof and instead add a temporary de-buff to them for every kill.

Same thing with charms and epic ward, instead of an auto-break after 12 seconds, give them an increasing +2 will save every 15 seconds to break lose.

There are loots of rigid static limitations in this game that would benefit from this new more flexible mechanic :)

Amonette
06-10-2012, 07:56 AM
If that were to be the case, and applied to melee's, then it should only apply to vorpal effects / death magic procs from things like cloak of the night..

However, it should not, as suggested, affect the 'to hit' roll, as that would be equivalent to nerfing all of a casters dc's, not just death magic, unless you want the haunting changed to an increased ASF..

The problem with death magic as is, is that casters can insta-kill large numbers of epic mobs in seconds, whereas melee dmg output is dramatically less, and I know of no melee aoe death effects..

However, a vorpal effect, could have something applied to it, that makes the check slightly harder each time it is checked..

Xezrak
06-10-2012, 09:11 AM
Let me give you an example to clarify.

Lets say in a particular quest we set X = 10

Then if a PM through wail/FoD etc. kills 10 monsters before anyone else gets a kill in he/she will get a temp DC debuff.

Similarly if a barb runs ahead and kills 10 monsters before anyone else gets a kill he or she will get a to-hit debuff.

It will also apply to a sorc if he or she runs ahead and firewalls everything, any class that is 'OP' and goes around 'making the game less fun for everyone else' will get a debuff as they run ahead and kill everything else before everyone else gets a chance to join in on the fun.

Yes the nerf was aimed at insta killing PMs I understand. However this system will affect anyone who is OP and this way, PM who are not OP won't get affected, likewise if any other class is OP according to kill count will get affected.

This mechanism is suggested because PMs are apparently too strong because they can kill everything before anyone else can get to the monsters, now anyone who kills everything before anyone else gets to them will equally be affected under this mechanism. So if a PM is as OP as is being suggested then they will be most affected under this system. Less OP necros who let others get kills in won't have the necro DC debuffed.