PDA

View Full Version : Metal armor oath breaking

Browork
06-09-2012, 08:26 AM
I can change into bear form naked then put my +5 mithral breastplate on and cheat my oath.

fatherpirate
06-09-2012, 08:32 AM
until you try and throw a spell.

If you can cast spells as well, it is a bug.

Osma77
06-09-2012, 01:43 PM
A druid can use metal weapons, they just cant use special abilities (like changing after) or use spells. Probably why the animal special effects are spell based.

Browork
06-12-2012, 08:37 PM
A druid can use metal weapons, they just cant use special abilities (like changing after) or use spells. Probably why the animal special effects are spell based.

Thanks Troll, but I was refering to armor hence the title.

Lucian_Navarro
06-13-2012, 11:28 AM
As a PnP GM, I would make the character lose all spells for the day until resting to pray for the new days spells.

But this is DDO... so I would cause the player to lose all Spell Points once the Oath was broken.

Seems like a just option.

MrkGrismer
06-13-2012, 01:33 PM
As a PnP GM, I would make the character lose all spells for the day until resting to pray for the new days spells.

But this is DDO... so I would cause the player to lose all Spell Points once the Oath was broken.

Seems like a just option.

... and drop out of form.

However, only if all bugs are fixed.

Also if such a 'severe' penalty were in place there would need to be an option to make it so that the player cannot 'accidentally' equip an oathbreaking item, since sometimes you equip items when you pick them up if you press E too fast. I would hate to loose all spell points and drop out of form just because I looted some dang masterwork throwing daggers from a smashed barrel.

Vesuvium
06-13-2012, 02:25 PM
It's a bug. Equipping metal armor while in wildshape form should knock you out of wildshape and back to your humanoid form.

We've fixed that bug on our internal builds already, you guys just haven't had a beta update since then.

Talias006
06-13-2012, 03:18 PM
So I have to wonder, where have all the non-metal Medium armors gone?

Druids really have no purpose having access to medium armors when, guess what... there are no non-metal medium armors.

REALLY?!? :confused: :rolleyes:

Osma77
06-13-2012, 05:13 PM
Thanks Troll, but I was refering to armor hence the title.

Obviously I ment metal armor. It was a simple typo so calling me a troll is overboard.

Dev posted that it should kick you out of form so evidently even just being able to melee without spells in form is a bug.

Think before you bash, simple human error is common.