PDA

View Full Version : Rogue Rogue Sneak Attack Question

Eliteofdelete
06-09-2012, 05:46 AM
I just recently got the game again after taking ~1 year hiatus. I got on my rogue and encountered something I don't remember happening.

Whenever I sneak attack someone, I instantly go out of sneaking and start auto attacking normally. This happens no matter what angle I attack from or if I hit/miss the target just so long as an attack was initiated against a hostile NPC. And no I am not being targeted/attacked.

I tried looking around for an answer but to no avail. Is this a change to the game, a glitch, or am I just missing something?

Thanks in advanced.

karl_k0ch
06-09-2012, 06:04 AM
A successful attack breaks stealth, regardless if it's a regular attack, a sneak attack, or even assassinate.

Getting SA damage and to-hit is not related to the stealth stance at all, btw.

brzytki
06-09-2012, 08:57 AM
Attacks (both regular and sneak ones) used to not break stealth in the early stage of F2P but they changed it (don't really remember when but it's been at least 1,5+ years now i think) and only Assassinate doesn't break stealth. Well, Sniper Shot from DWS should not break stealth too but last time i checked it was bugged and i don't think it got fixed.

.Revenga.
06-09-2012, 08:57 AM
yup, regular attack will break stealth now, changed a while back.

An assasinate attack is an exception tho, it will not break stealth nor will it remove invisibility.