PDA

View Full Version : Need Dev Response: List of Major Concerns

Grace_ana
06-08-2012, 01:35 PM
As the title states. There are now a ton of threads, and we've gotten no explanations or response to concerns. I thought I would list out what I am seeing as the major issues so things don't get lost in the shuffle.

1. Epic death ward for enemies.
~Changes being discussed here: http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=377267

2. Self-only displacement.

3. Lack of decent PrE for tempests.

4. Inability to bank xp.
~Noted as a bug by MF: http://forums.ddo.com/showpost.php?p=4509657&postcount=68

5. Blocking of window farming

6. Calculation of epic levels

7. Druid spells - who else can use them?

If there is something I missed, please post and I'll add it to the list. In the meantime, I believe it is well past time for us to have some communication with the devs on these issues.

Barazon
06-08-2012, 01:39 PM
Even if you're not TRYING to bank xp, you could gain enough xp to level up in the middle of a quest from optionals. Also, you could be in the middle of a chain and gain enough xp to level. This change DISCOURAGES grouping AT ALL unless everyone starts with exactly the same xp, on the same life, same xp bonuses (tome, potion, etc).

redspecter23
06-08-2012, 01:39 PM
5. People getting ninja stoned

6. Lack of communication from devs concerning hot button issues

danotmano1998
06-08-2012, 01:40 PM
Add:

Calculating epic levels: Heroic level + Destiny level??
(This is the proposed idea, which is the most complicated non-sensical way they could have possibly gone about it.)

Zinruko
06-08-2012, 01:42 PM
You forgot no more door farming

Cyndrome
06-08-2012, 01:50 PM
I think I can get the self displacement thing. If miss chances stack like I understand, I would get sick of playing an arcane in some parties. Not being able to bank xp -- sorry just cannot get it. I cannot fathom what made them do this. How is this ever a concern?

Aalric
06-08-2012, 02:52 PM
monks have no ac or PRR compared to other melee and will have big survival issues

Lithic
06-08-2012, 03:00 PM
Blocking window farming? How so? First I hear of it, though my days of window farming are long long over.

Avidus
06-08-2012, 03:08 PM
Blocking window farming? How so? First I hear of it, though my days of window farming are long long over.In response to this (http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=375341) thread MajMalphunktion said: I am told Window farming is a thing of the past. (http://forums.ddo.com/showpost.php?p=4491156&postcount=64)

Avidus
06-08-2012, 03:20 PM
Well at least number 4 on the list is a confirmed bug.

Too busy to read through the entire thread so pardon me if this is already known, but the 'no more banking XP' is simply a bug.

It will be fixed.emphasis mine.

Grace_ana
06-08-2012, 03:33 PM
monks have no ac or PRR compared to other melee and will have big survival issues

Can you explain more? The AC system is still a fog to me, tbh.

Dolphious
06-08-2012, 03:35 PM

No, earth stances gives PRR.

danotmano1998
06-08-2012, 03:39 PM
Dev responses coming in additional threads.

Hard to Kill is being changed.
Leveling / Xp banking IS a bug.

Masadique
06-08-2012, 03:57 PM

Monks get +1 AC per level, wis bonus, dex bonus, and all the other bonuses they used to besides dodge. Earth gives PRR, and combat expertise - unless I missed something - should be giving 15% bonus to monk AC not just armor/shield. You won't be getting 95% miss chance on a monk anymore, or anyone, but that doesn't mean you can't get it at all. My monk who has never bothered with AC is planning on being a high AC build not because you don't have to give everything else up for it.

FrozenNova
06-08-2012, 04:17 PM
Kensei's power surge getting changed to Psionic such that it no longer stacks with Titan's deserves a spot on the list.

Krelar
06-08-2012, 04:29 PM
Kensei's power surge getting changed to Psionic such that it no longer stacks with Titan's deserves a spot on the list.

This is for items that need a dev response. Changing it to a psionic bonus is the dev response.

Don1966
06-08-2012, 07:11 PM
devs need to respond on if the new druid spells being introduced are going to be given to other classes that have them on their relevant spell list.

donblas
06-08-2012, 07:20 PM
The bizarre "improvised (Torc)" AC change.

Hastily drawn up because something had to be done before the expansion. Repented at leisure because so many builds got broken and the full implications will be realised later.

Zyerz
06-08-2012, 07:23 PM
The inability to bank xp has been confirmed as not working as intended, post from Madfloyd. http://forums.ddo.com/showpost.php?p=4509657&postcount=68

BoolZ
06-08-2012, 08:30 PM
I'd rather a response as to why 2 weeks before the expansion is to go live they're still implementing hastily poorly thought out sweeping changes. Many of which are clearly not fully fleshed out. How you have an AC pass and not have time to consider Mithral or Adamantine armors is silly. They completely change the to hit mechanic but leave Weapon Focus and Halfling's size bonus as a simple +1 to attack. They change a PRE bonus so that anyone with the Titan's Grip gloves or festival cookies can get 3/4s of the bonus, in response to it dawning on them that muddling with old raid loot caused that PRE to effectively loose 2 points off the very top of their STR score. It's now a lose of 6. That'll teach us.

Seems to me the best things Turbine's done so far is Green Steel deconstruction and push back the enhancement pass. One is a good thing. The other is... well at least it's not a bad thing yet.

scoobmx
06-08-2012, 08:40 PM
how about warforged healing amp

Grace_ana
06-08-2012, 10:18 PM
The bizarre "improvised (Torc)" AC change.

Hastily drawn up because something had to be done before the expansion. Repented at leisure because so many builds got broken and the full implications will be realised later.

how about warforged healing amp

Can you guys be more specific?

Yalina
06-09-2012, 12:50 AM
2 weeks till the update, and they have NO IDEA what the hell they are doing, that's just... EPIC!!