PDA

View Full Version : Narration volume bug

Ovrad
06-07-2012, 10:32 PM
I was talking to some friends on the beta and they commented on Elminster and Lolth's voice, my reaction was: they have voices?

It seems there is a volume scaling bug that is making some voices extremely low in new content (saw it spinner of shadows as well).

To help you reproduce the bug, here's my sound setup (it's set low but it's been like this for a long time as it's the only way i could make voice chat audible):
-Master volume at 1.00
-Sound effect & combat at 0.03
-Music, Ambient, DM & UI are all at 0.10
Of course, speaker volume is set high to compensate. Make sure you adjust it to hear DM correctly.

To reproduce the bug,
1) Go into the demonweb.
2) Find and play a message from Lolth, it will be barely audible.
3) However, if you move the DM volume slider while the message is playing (say move it to 11, then back to 10), the volume goes back to what it should be and you can hear the message clearly.
Sadly, next message will be low once more, so it's only a temporary fix for the current sound sample.

Don1966
06-09-2012, 04:45 AM
i've noticed this as well. first really noticed while running the spinners prison quest, could hear spinner laughing very clearly but everything she said before or after she would laugh was inaudible. nor was the dm voice audible. dm voice in kobolds new ringleader is inaudible too.

Ovrad
06-12-2012, 01:06 PM
Any words on this?

It really seems like the volume "modifier" is being applied twice.
0.10² = 0.01