PDA

View Full Version : Improve the drop rate on Epic seals and shards

gaffneyks
06-06-2012, 06:15 AM
I am sure it has been said before, but find a way to improve the drop rate on epic shards and seals. I have been playing for about a year and am totally frustrated with the way epic items are handled.

It is completely boring to have to farm the same chest over and over and over again just to get a seal or shard to complete an item. How in the world do the devs think this is enjoyable for their players is beyond me.

Due to the design of the epic item system, farming in this game has reached EPIC proportions.

How about find a way to reward Completion of a quest or chain?

The new content is the worst of all in the horrible drop rate. Just look at all the LFMs only farming items because of this!

There is a new D & D mmo coming out at the end of the year, and I am seriously thinking about trying it out, just because I am so sick of the EPIC item system in your game and the boring farming required to get any item.

Please fix this.

Thanks

acklag
06-06-2012, 06:44 AM
Ah yes i feel ur pain brother but no agreesy. Epic's should be an Epic Pain, why would they be called epic otherwise?

This game in the past few months has given alot of freebies that make the leveling process easy, like butter.
We had the glitch, ole bait n switch with the bags allowing trading of bta items.
Now we have xp stones, like supra butter, saving people hours of zerging.

Heck what? Do you want it to be like WOW?, "hey looky i can buy a fully leveled, geared toon on ebay for seventy bucks, suhweeeeet!"

Yes, its a grind to get them me compadre, but one that can be fun to do with a static group, just take a break once in awhile, farm the particular epic quest on weekly schedule, trade chest drops with ur mates and when u get ur prize possession finally...whoowhee it tastes like uber duber noober butter :)

Anyway, good luck with ur search padawan, if all else fails go with force!

Miow
06-06-2012, 06:47 AM
Ah yes i feel ur pain brother but no agreesy. Epic's should be an Epic Pain, why would they be called epic otherwise?

This game in the past few months has given alot of freebies that make the leveling process easy, like butter.
We had the glitch, ole bait n switch with the bags allowing trading of bta items.
Now we have xp stones, like supra butter, saving people hours of zerging.

Heck what? Do you want it to be like WOW?, "hey looky i can buy a fully leveled, geared toon on ebay for seventy bucks, suhweeeeet!"

Yes, its a grind to get them me compadre, but one that can be fun to do with a static group, just take a break once in awhile, farm the particular epic quest on weekly schedule, trade chest drops with ur mates and when u get ur prize possession finally...whoowhee it tastes like uber duber noober butter :)

Anyway, good luck with ur search padawan, if all else fails go with force!

Couldn't have said it better. :)

Sidewaysgts86
06-06-2012, 06:59 AM
I actually want something that rewarded luck as WELL as perseverance. Maybe have a trade in on epic tokens that let us acquire shards/seals and BTA scrolls. At least this way completing an epic would actually mean youre "1 step closer" instead of "It could be the next 1. It could be the next 100th". If this allows people to farm epics "too quick" maybe just make it so that you need chain-specific tokens obtained for chain-specific loot. The amount required for turn-in could be high enough that youd have to farm the thing for a month straight to get a piece for all I cared. Luck is nice, but annoying if youre unlucky.

Ungood
06-06-2012, 07:01 AM
I am sure it has been said before, but find a way to improve the drop rate on epic shards and seals. I have been playing for about a year and am totally frustrated with the way epic items are handled.

It is completely boring to have to farm the same chest over and over and over again just to get a seal or shard to complete an item. How in the world do the devs think this is enjoyable for their players is beyond me.

Epics are for the players that already have everything else and want to just push the bar a little further. They are meant to daunting and discouraging to anyone who is looking for a "Quick Fix" or some easy to obtain gear or item. They are for the best, the elite players, the top tier. Not the weekend warriors, but the players who can farm these quests, either with static groups or solo, and do so on a regular basis.

Epics are not just about being able to kill some high level mob, but about perseverance and determination.

If you find them discouraging, then perhaps epics are just not for you.

Miow
06-06-2012, 07:23 AM
I actually want something that rewarded luck as WELL as perseverance. Maybe have a trade in on epic tokens that let us acquire shards/seals and BTA scrolls. At least this way completing an epic would actually mean youre "1 step closer" instead of "It could be the next 1. It could be the next 100th". If this allows people to farm epics "too quick" maybe just make it so that you need chain-specific tokens obtained for chain-specific loot. The amount required for turn-in could be high enough that youd have to farm the thing for a month straight to get a piece for all I cared. Luck is nice, but annoying if youre unlucky.

You mean like 200 Epic tokens?

grayham
06-06-2012, 07:54 AM
I have a feeling this discussion will become irrelevant quite soon.

So there.

Sidewaysgts86
06-06-2012, 08:36 AM
You mean like 200 Epic tokens?

Possibly. But in all honesty I think I prefer the "Chain-Specific" tokens for chain-specific loot, concept. This way you cant just run a mass amount of epics in a single day and get enough/most of/a lot of pieces towards whatever for the turn in is in a single day.

Most chains only have about 5'ish quests in them. This way youre still limited by the epic-timer to obtaining about 5 pieces of whatever-tokens a day. I think making it so that a full epic item would require around 100 of these turn-ins would be pretty decent. Youd have to average 3 epics from this chain daily to get an item within a month. For most people itd take far longer.

Does a month of constant grinding seem fair for a single epic item, or should it be more? Ive known some people so lucky id like to stab them in the jaw that've gotten all their pieces for an epic within a single day. Others I've seen go for months without being lucky enough to get even a single piece.

Again- the question is the line between "luck" and "perseverance". Obviously luck is a factor that should never be removed to most gamers- But i also think each completion should have SOME kind of measurable "step towards the goal" so to speak as well, that can reward perseverance when luck isnt on your side. If perseverance is to be rewarded in such a fashion, whats a fair "Average" time it should take of pure grinding to get something? Tricky questions, if you ask me.

PopeJual
06-06-2012, 08:42 AM
Currently, /notsigned

In 3 weeks? /signed

Once epic loot becomes the new "leveling" loot as it becomes quickly eclipsed by the Forgotten Realms loot, it makes sense to significantly increase the Eberron epic ingredients drop rates.

themoonbreaker
06-06-2012, 08:52 AM
I also like the idea of unbinding shards and seals in addition to improving the drop rate.

gaffneyks
06-06-2012, 11:30 AM
From the responses I apparently missed my point here. lol

I agree that EPIC should be EPIC.

What exactly is EPIC about farming the first chest over and over again in Servants of the Overlord?

Maybe I am wrong, maybe this is what the community wants? EPIC to mean farming over and over.

I kinda thought EPIC meant, doing EPIC quest that are harder than normal for epic rewards, this I assumed meant
completing a quest or quest chain.

Currently in the game, this is not true. EPIC means farming. Or finding some bug in the system like with the Ingredient bags and using it circumvent the system.

Not really what I was looking for.

As for the comment that EPIC is for the best, the elite players the top tier, not the weekend warriors, is what you are saying is that being top tier means farming? or exploiting bugs? Kinda confused?

Ungood
06-06-2012, 12:46 PM
From the responses I apparently missed my point here. lol

I agree that EPIC should be EPIC.

What exactly is EPIC about farming the first chest over and over again in Servants of the Overlord?

Maybe I am wrong, maybe this is what the community wants? EPIC to mean farming over and over.

I kinda thought EPIC meant, doing EPIC quest that are harder than normal for epic rewards, this I assumed meant
completing a quest or quest chain.

Currently in the game, this is not true. EPIC means farming. Or finding some bug in the system like with the Ingredient bags and using it circumvent the system.

Not really what I was looking for.

As for the comment that EPIC is for the best, the elite players the top tier, not the weekend warriors, is what you are saying is that being top tier means farming? or exploiting bugs? Kinda confused?

That is like asking that the shards and seals only drop in the end chest, Meh, at this point I am going to say "go away, and let us at least have some chances here to an epic item within our lifetimes"

baii
06-06-2012, 01:02 PM
It's not like you even need epic item to beat the game (epic included), they are more like luxury compare to food.
og this remind me of the horrible D3.

Zammied
06-06-2012, 01:27 PM
./ not signed Ive made alot of hard epic items, Claw set, Redscale, EGA and a few others, they all took me a long time to make, we dont need anymore freebie easy buttons geeze.

Maxallu
06-06-2012, 01:33 PM
There is a new D & D mmo coming out at the end of the year, and I am seriously thinking about trying it out, just because I am so sick of the EPIC item system in your game and the boring farming required to get any item.

Please fix this.

Thanks

Is that a threat? Oh noes! He might leave us.

Habreno
06-06-2012, 04:13 PM
/Not signed.

It's a sad truth but this system is designed for the more top-tier players. Deal with it.

You do not need Epic everything in all your gear slots to run Epic content and solo Epic content. My Cleric uses maybe 3 pieces, and they're all from Crystal Cove, and he solos quite a bit, including Epic content.

Xynot2
06-08-2012, 08:59 AM
Im at the point where I only run epics Im requested in. Did a Lord of Dust run and the sum total for the entire group was 3 tbags and 1 seal. Total BS drop rate. There should some kind of minimum PER PLAYER. Im tired of going into Epic quests and nothing dropping.

At least with other grinds like Shroud for GS ings, Ioun stones and the pie pieces for those, you ALWAYS get SOMETHING for your effort. Maybe not what you want or need but you always get something.