PDA

View Full Version : Reduce the raid timer on old raids

Kmnh
06-05-2012, 07:39 PM
We have an expansion pack and epic levels coming out. Will we reall watch the poor level 25 newbies brainlessly grinding a level 12 raid for 3 months looking for a torc? Or a level 14 one for madstone boots?

The shroud, DQ, Chronoscope, Reaver and VoN really don't need that 3 day timer. Don't make our newbies suffer through months of waiting and boring grind. Keep the epic timers if you are really worried, but mind that unless you seriously step up the difficulty, people will be doing those on autocomplete just like we do to normal VoD and HoX today.

InsanityIsYourFriend
06-06-2012, 09:53 AM
while i agree that the grind is sort of rediculous the raid timers should not be changed for any reason ~no personal confrontation~ while i would LOVE to go and solo ADQ elite on my fvs every day and get my torc easily i would take another step and keep doing it, and eventually (about 10 days later) i would have a +3 tome
shroud i do every time i get the chance, and with 3 characters flagged (out of 4) i would be able to make GS items fairly quickly getting 3 completions a day each with 3 on norm 4 on hard chances at getting large mats the few people doing devil's assault on elite would stop (unless its that dark monk that is still searching for silver handwraps) it would drive down the cost of GS mats to the point that anyone with 100k maybe even less could make a full T3 GS item
it would make those piker's fate farmers happy that they now have every single item they wanted
chronoscope well i cant comment there as i only do it on epic nowadays if i do it
oh the irony everyone will be completely epiced and strong to (from my guess) get to the underdark and see that nearly everything they have equipped is obsolete but those +3 tomes that you farmed.... nope they still workin
~for those that did not want to read whole post i disagree'd~

Phidius
06-06-2012, 10:03 AM
...~ while i would LOVE to go and solo ADQ elite on my fvs every day and get my torc easily i would take another step and keep doing it, and eventually (about 10 days later) i would have a +3 tome...

I've never, ever seen even a +3 tome drop from the DQ raid Normal-Elite - usually, the end-reward has +1's.

shroud i do every time i get the chance, and with 3 characters flagged (out of 4) i would be able to make GS items fairly quickly getting 3 completions a day each with 3 on norm 4 on hard chances at getting large mats the few people doing devil's assault on elite would stop (unless its that dark monk that is still searching for silver handwraps) it would drive down the cost of GS mats to the point that anyone with 100k maybe even less could make a full T3 GS item...

People have been recalling out without their completion to farm the Shroud since time immemorial... I don't think this would quite ruin the economy.

it would make those piker's fate farmers happy that they now have every single item they wanted

And that's a bad thing?

@Op: Don't forget the Titan...

Chai
06-06-2012, 11:09 AM
Not signed.

If we played a game where the previous MODs were statistically meaningless each time a new one drops this kind of thing might be considered. This would help newer players grind tiers to get to endgame. This is not the case in DDO however.

Most of that gear is still end game relevant, even from the raids that came out in 2007. The most powerful weapon still comes from a raid that was made in 2006 and was epiced in 2009, half the entire life of the game ago.

Avidus
06-06-2012, 11:19 AM
I don't think that the timers should be changed across the bored based on the age of a raid.

What I could get on board with however, is reducing the timer based on completions.

Along the lines of a 6 hour decrease on the timer for every 20 completions until you get down to 18 hours.

I wouldn't mind seeing the epic timer completely removed (or at least drastically reduced) since we are going to soon be grinding epic xp.

Vordax
06-06-2012, 11:29 AM
All loot is soon to be eclipsed by better level 25 gear more than likely so I could get behind reducing the timers on some raids:

Titan - run as often as you like (gear is only useful for TRing)
DQ - 1 day timer
DQ epic - standard timer
Reaver - 1 day timer
Chrono - no timer
Chrono epic - standard timer
Shroud - 1 day timer
Abbot - 1 day timer
ToD - 1 day timer? maybe not, need to see whats coming in expansion
LoB - standard timer
MA - who cares, run it whenever

No one will be running most of these raids anywhere near as much as they are ran now once the cap goes to 25, so may as well provide some incentive to run them.

Xynot2
06-08-2012, 08:16 AM
All loot is soon to be eclipsed by better level 25 gear more than likely

More than likely? Jumping the gun a bit are we? Wait till we see it and then lets revisit this.