PDA

View Full Version : Custom Hireling

stille_nacht
06-04-2012, 07:33 PM
Unsure if this would be difficult, but I think it'd be cool for people to be able to create their own "custom hirelings"

at each level, they have certain gear which is pre determined.
When you want to create one, you get a character template, similar to character creation, and you choose their feats and spells, etc.
As you level, perhaps you can get the option to "level up my custom hireling!" and advance it to the next level also.

in this way, we could get non-cleric hires that aren't totally useless. (and better healer hirelings too)

Falco_Easts
06-04-2012, 08:01 PM
I like the idea. Even if they cost 50%-100% more then the base model I would like this.

A cleric hireling that DV's, heals AND nukes.

InsanityIsYourFriend
06-05-2012, 02:41 PM
i agree but to keep some uniqueness you can not make a custom rogue hireling >< i know i want one too but that would take out turbine's money which would be bad
predetermined gear will help keep people from making a barb hireling that carry's around a GS lit 2 greatsword...

Jay203
06-05-2012, 02:52 PM
while i like the idea of having a customizeable hireling, i'd prefer having the Hireling AI fixed first >__<
what use is a customized hireling if it acts like a prettified log? :(:(:(:(

InsanityIsYourFriend
06-05-2012, 02:56 PM
might help them get better with that...

redspecter23
06-05-2012, 02:57 PM
In a similar way, I've always wanted to be able to bring one of my alts along as a hireling. Same gear and level so if you want a level 7 hireling this way, you'd have to have a level 7 alt. I could level up a cleric alt and purposely give it no offensive spells whatsoever. Just cure spells and buffs so it doesn't get any bright ideas about attempting to do anything useful.

It could add an entirely new interesting aspect to the game if you're leveling up a toon specifically to be a hireling.

InsanityIsYourFriend
06-05-2012, 03:42 PM
i actually like the idea of having a new *hireling* character slot
you create the character there and it becomes your *custom hireling* you can give it gear, you can give it potions (god keep you mana pots AWAY from these guys cuz they drink til their out) and actually be able to build it as a normal character but it only gets xp from doing quests with ya

maybe?