PDA

View Full Version : fix ddo search

heythatsmyfish
06-04-2012, 01:58 AM
so I've been trying to ddo search someone in hopes to copy build and cannot see their feats spells enhancements ect ect I suggest we fix this so people can learn from people they run into and admire.

Jay203
06-04-2012, 02:03 AM
so I've been trying to ddo search someone in hopes to copy build and cannot see their feats spells enhancements ect ect I suggest we fix this so people can learn from people they run into and admire.

no need to make stalking even more detailed :p

just send the person a mail or tell to ask about the build
if you admire the person, it's only polite you let them know you're interested in their build rather than stalk them and pry their info, no?

heythatsmyfish
06-04-2012, 02:23 AM
no need to make stalking even more detailed :p

just send the person a mail or tell to ask about the build
if you admire the person, it's only polite you let them know you're interested in their build rather than stalk them and pry their info, no?

stalking?? really?? in my mind when i think stalking I think of following someone around and eves dropping into their convos ect ect I'm not asking to examine their tells or guild chat im not wanting to know where they live or what they eat or what type of underwear they wear I just want info on good builds and if I see someone who seems to have it together instead of bugging them about their build would be easier to just look it up whats the harm in that?

Jay203
06-04-2012, 02:45 AM
stalking?? really?? in my mind when i think stalking I think of following someone around and eves dropping into their convos ect ect I'm not asking to examine their tells or guild chat im not wanting to know where they live or what they eat or what type of underwear they wear I just want info on good builds and if I see someone who seems to have it together instead of bugging them about their build would be easier to just look it up whats the harm in that?

i use "stalking" as an exaggeration on purpose :p and partly in jest :D:D:D

but in all seriousness, really wouldn't bother counting on MyDDO working correctly in the first place :)
and if (a big IF) they get it to work correctly, they'll need to put in the option for people to opt out of being MyDDO'ed

samdsherman
06-04-2012, 02:49 AM
i agree with jay. as a person whose builds are original (sometimes), i love it when people ask me about my build. it makes me happy that someone sees how awesome i am and wants to make himself as awesome as me :D

heythatsmyfish
06-04-2012, 02:59 AM
i use "stalking" as an exaggeration on purpose :p and partly in jest :D:D:D

but in all seriousness, really wouldn't bother counting on MyDDO working correctly in the first place :)
and if (a big IF) they get it to work correctly, they'll need to put in the option for people to opt out of being MyDDO'ed

yeah you are probably right I hate being wrong I just hate how ((((s l o w )))) leveling can be and just feeling useless compared to others I want to be good i want to ... you know? maybe not. oh well.

heythatsmyfish
06-04-2012, 03:00 AM
i agree with jay. as a person whose builds are original (sometimes), i love it when people ask me about my build. it makes me happy that someone sees how awesome i am and wants to make himself as awesome as me :D

I see your point.

Jay203
06-04-2012, 03:06 AM
yeah you are probably right I hate being wrong I just hate how ((((s l o w )))) leveling can be and just feeling useless compared to others I want to be good i want to ... you know? maybe not. oh well.

a lot of the time when you see someone blasting through a quest, they usually are twinked with optimal gear for their lvl
there will be a big performance gap between twinked veteran and untwinked newbie

don't feel useless though, take the time and learn how you can support to make the quest go even smoother/faster

it's good you want to improve, but just looking at other people's build is not the way to do it
chances are they do something for specific purpose that you're not aware of
asking questions usually help improve your knowledge to the game, and with knowledge, you can even make your own builds that suit your play style (assuming the game doesn't keep going down the road of killing off viability of sub-optimal builds)

SiliconScout
06-04-2012, 05:57 PM
a lot of the time when you see someone blasting through a quest, they usually are twinked with optimal gear for their lvl
there will be a big performance gap between twinked veteran and untwinked newbie

Heck for that matter there is a big performance gap between a twinked Veteran and untwinked veteran.

I stripped down my sorc and ran a Solo elite Chrono run about a month ago. With gear it's quite simple really, a nice little jaunt to gather gear for a new toon. Without my gear it was a fair bit tougher, in fact I almost died a couple of times, and I only have a couple epics and 1 green steel on her so she's hardly fully twinked.

So yeah lots of times that you see a "build" crushing quests he's got great gear for the level and even several past lives seeing him through.