PDA

View Full Version : FEEDBACK: Broken Pets

MadFloyd
06-01-2012, 02:11 PM
Recently two players told me they had broken Artificer pets. By 'broken' I mean not just having them go brain-dead within a session, but permanently. The story that was conveyed to me was that in all subsequent play sessions, the pets would be summoned, set to aggressive and the pets would stand there and not respond.

Obviously this isn't good. If you have a pet in this condition, please let me know your server and character name (either posting here in this thread or by PM) so we can investigate.

Thanks.

Missing_Minds
06-01-2012, 02:24 PM
I know you listed off the artis, but damned if that doesn't sound like the gold seal cat also.

I have to manually tell it to attack something if it is in attack mode, other wise it is just standing around "licking itself" unless something goes up and wacks it. Then it might just look at mob funny until a few hits later when it has decided it has had enough.

Imatotalnoob
06-01-2012, 02:56 PM
I have the pet freezing in mid-air? Is that what u mean
It paths to the mob ok
All be it floating along with all four legs extended
but not even touching the ground

Then when it gets to the mob it just hovers there
When I kill the mob it will path to the next target
Then repeat

This only seamed to happen after update 12 I think?
Was this when u guys mucked with the hireling code?

Until then the dogs were totally savage and added much
Str to the party, now they are a blob of hp for the mobs
to chew on instead of my but.

Not useful otherwise because they break so quickly after summoning

Cheers

nibel
06-01-2012, 11:21 PM

Oh, I can reproduce this one every time. The pet need to be climbing a ladder, and you suddenly summon him to be next to you. It will freeze in the "climbing" animation.

Usually they go brain-dead when this happens and don't fix until you relog, but sometimes I see it freezing, but the damage numbers and combat feedback still works fine, which turns out to be only an animation problem.

I think MadFloyd is asking for pets that are permanently braindead, even after you relog. I never had this issue (lucky me), but heard some people complaining in the general/advice chat about it.

Protasious
06-01-2012, 11:25 PM
It paths to the mob ok
All be it floating along with all four legs extended
but not even touching the ground

Then when it gets to the mob it just hovers there
When I kill the mob it will path to the next target
Then repeat

This only seamed to happen after update 12 I think?
Was this when u guys mucked with the hireling code?

Until then the dogs were totally savage and added much
Str to the party, now they are a blob of hp for the mobs
to chew on instead of my but.

Not useful otherwise because they break so quickly after summoning

Cheers

i have had this same thing happen on my arti several times, and i have noticed that it only happens after the iron defender climbs a ladder (or goes down a ladder) dismissing the iron defender while it is like this then trying to re-summon it yields the message "your pet is dead you must rest at a shrine before you may summon it again" (or something very similar to that). its gotten to the point where i don't even summon the iron defendor in any quest with a ladder,.. which is a lot of quests. :-(

Ebondevil
06-02-2012, 05:58 PM
I've noticed it happen whenever the artificer Pet warps into the water to get close to it's master, when it gets out of the water it's broken, sometimes dismissing and summoning again works, other times it doesn't.

I've noticed similar things happen to hirelings, though a lot more randomly, for example: sometimes Cleric hires will just not heal for no apparent reason, even though they were doing fine earlier.

LucidLTS
06-02-2012, 08:02 PM
Recently two players told me they had broken Artificer pets. By 'broken' I mean not just having them go brain-dead within a session, but permanently.

OK, so far not permanently broken, but others in this post are complaining about session broken, and that's a big frustration for me so I'm chiming in too. I finally bought Arti class because my daughter loves the dogs. And the dogs are really buggy, refusing to pull levers unless you click on the gears a million times, and often not then. Going non-responsive. Floating like an under filled helium balloon. Getting halfway to an assigned target and turning around and running back.

It seems to happen in just about every session longer than half an hour or so.

So it's not as big a deal as the people who have perma-busted pets, but it's one more in a long litany of busted stuff. This problem and the others colors my perception of the game and influences how I speak of it (or don't speak of it) to gamer friends. The bugs may seem small compared to the expansion, but because of the bugs I have no interest in the expansion.

Please look at the dogs, even the "only session broken" ones. Please.

jkm
06-02-2012, 08:34 PM
Recently two players told me they had broken Artificer pets. By 'broken' I mean not just having them go brain-dead within a session, but permanently. The story that was conveyed to me was that in all subsequent play sessions, the pets would be summoned, set to aggressive and the pets would stand there and not respond.

Obviously this isn't good. If you have a pet in this condition, please let me know your server and character name (either posting here in this thread or by PM) so we can investigate.

Thanks.

I experienced it my last life (Peppr/Khyber). Basically, the dog stays aggro'd on the first mob it sees when you put it into "aggressive" and then goes unresponsive after it dies. If it respawns, it will continue to work. For example, if you let him beat on the training dummy he'll beat on it in aggressive mode until it dies and then continue to beat it up after it respawns. It is basically the same bug that people used to use create undead to exploit raids with...

The only way to get the dog to work again was to log out and log back in as you couldn't dismiss him in this state.

MsEricka
06-02-2012, 09:22 PM
Two players? There's been dozens of threads on the forums. But the response I constantly give them is to put the pet away as most of the time they're useless anyways.

Dragavon
06-03-2012, 02:18 AM
Two players? There's been dozens of threads on the forums. But the response I constantly give them is to put the pet away as most of the time they're useless anyways.

This.

The artificer pets have so many bugs that the issue should be something the devs are working flat out on. The very existence of this thread, created by a dev makes me think noone at Turbine have tried playing an artificer to cap while using the pets :(

patang01
06-04-2012, 07:20 AM

Thanks.

This is a known issue as well; when arti pets tries to walk ladders they end up free floating. They won't do anything. Something they just float along the floor and sometimes hover over the ground.

Dismiss and resummon removes the float however as soon as they walk another set of ladders the problems comes back.

voodoogroves
06-04-2012, 07:44 AM
MadFloyd, I'll make a personal committment to using my pet more. Once I passed into the teens he's really lost quite a bit of usefulness - I tend to never summon him unless I need a lever puller or a distraction.

I will though make a point to play the arti a bit more and monkey with the pet a bit.

Dunklerlindwurm
06-04-2012, 07:49 AM
I know it does not really belong here but..

The Druid pet has the same problem. Was not working at all. Agressive or defending..didnt matter. was just standing there..or following me but never attacked.

My guess is that it has something to do with the pet-enhancements...because i remember it working fine before i was choosing enhancements.

Missing_Minds
06-06-2012, 02:11 PM
Now that my push to 20 is done, I've got back to my arti (currently lvl 6) This is what I have to report.

This is with the dog currently in true neutral alignment, intimidation, trip, hit points.

IF put on attack, creatures must get within 5 feet of me before my dog will go up to it and sniff it. 50% chance of it actually attacking. 50% chance of me killing the creature before the dog does a thing, even at that range.

If put on defend, the dog waits for me to get hit an average of 3 times before actually attacking my attacker.

When the dog is bothering to attack something, normally it only attacks what I have hard targeted. If I command it to attack something else, it will attack it ONCE, before going back to attack what I have hard targeted and attacking.

Dog seems to do nothing but stand there (attack/defend) when I am doing soft target attacks.

Dog in chaotic alignment.

Spits out True Chaos/Anarchic modules on summon. Enhancements are not applied, therefore dog it not chaotic.

Attack mode: goes after most boxes. Elevation issues seem to screw it up badly.
Defend mode: 50/50 chance of it actually going after boxes.

Dog in good alignment.

Spits out pure good modules on summon. Enhancements are not applied yet, therefore dog it not of good alignment.

The spitting out of modules is something players face as well. I.E. Enhancements are not applied, therefore we get knocked out of stances (monk unentered, I.E. Zen archery and Whirling Steel), gear (umd), etc.

------------------

End result: Yeah... dogs pretty much don't do a darn thing if you ever change the mode of operation. Now a friend's arti's dog seemed to be much more correct behaved. I'm going to ask what he's slotted it with for enhancements, commands given, equipment, and the like. You know, details.

HunterjWizzard
06-06-2012, 02:50 PM
Mine seemed to work ok without enhancements, too. I'm going to try resetting them when I get home(though at level 16 its going to cost a nasty chunk of plat)

I've had the same 'floating in midair, won't attack anything' behavior. Not sure if mine is perma-broke or just session-broken, but I was seeing this behavior a lot in Tear of Dhakaan. After reading through some of these posts I notice that quest has the double-whammy of ladder and water very early on. I will try my pet out in a quest with neither and see what happens.

Missing_Minds
06-07-2012, 12:06 AM
Ok, my dog did have Intim and Trip 3. I let it have fun with the ship dummy.
When either timer was in 2 seconds of resetting, all attacks just stopped. It was waiting for that timer to be up. Which when you stick in 2 or 3 attacks, you can be waiting for up 6 to 10 seconds for them to do something.
Also, they seem to do things like intimidate the second that the timer is finished, even if no one is around.

I have now stripped him of all enhancements and put is sneak attacks, armored plating, str, and HP. Doesn't seem to be broken at all. If anything I'd call him fixed.

It would seem the commands in the hotbar, or maybe even having those abilities are a help in breaking them. I still need to do actual questing for better testing. I hope to do that tomorrow.

I also noticed it seemed to have the same problem hitting running mobs that we do.

Oh yeah, you also wanted characters. Chenin on thelanis.

Missing_Minds
06-08-2012, 03:17 PM
Ok, I ran my dog the entier night last night. Sucker was going off, killing, maiming, etc. I think it only went stupid once, which a change of modes (attack -> defend -> attack) cleared right up. I think it was varying elevations that caused that, as my wife's dog went very dumb at one point and you could see it hovering around. We were running Delera's 1 and 2. Didn't get to 3 or necro.

This is a dog built with HP, armor, strength, and sneak attack. Nothing on the hotbar.
I plan on specing back in Chaos now to see if it will go brain dead as before, or if indeed the sunder/trip aspects were causing brain dead cancer wait timers.

jcoffey
07-07-2012, 04:01 AM
My level 18 Defender will attack the mob once then just follow them around.It might attack it every once in a while.(I am 2 Rogue/18 Arti) 1 Epic level

I have Augment Summoning
Module always unequips when summoned.
Pet's Character Sheet shows 0% Fort.

I have him equipped with a Dragontouched Docet with Greater False Life,Str +6,and Freezing Ice Guard.
He is good aligned with a +3 Para of Pure Good module.

Gallad Server
Bologny Sandwhich
pet name=Cheese

SFG-Wolfie
07-23-2012, 12:54 PM
Yesterday my wolf did this during an STK run. In Chapter 2 in mid quest it went MIA. I still showed it ounder my name in the group bar but did not have it's bar up. I tried to dismiss and could not. I tried to summon and received the error that only one pet at a time, etc. After the chapter was over, tried recalling to town and was still in the same situation. Log out and back in solved the issue.

Char: Wolfievii
Class: Druid
Pet: Franziskaner
Date: 22JUL2012
Est time: 4PM PAC

Merlin-ator
07-23-2012, 02:26 PM
Normally my druid dog works, but occasionally it gets stupid. It just stands some place very far away from me and only comes when I'm halfway across the huge dungeon. Changing modes does nothing, but occasionally it remembers where it put its brain and starts attacking things, but never as well as a fresh log-on summon and it still stands farther away from me than I'd like. Also, it sometimes can't use things. Not usually a big deal, but a major problem when my dog is carrying my stone to the shrine and forgets how to turn the valve, or forgets how to pick up my stone.

Zyerz
07-23-2012, 02:29 PM
Im general my dog attacks and obeys my commands, but at times, he just stands there, with enemies around him, doing absolutely nothing. I have to click on the attack command or on the follow me command a few times so he snaps out of it. And at times, even if he's surrounded by monsters that are attacking him, he'll just stand still and let himself be killed. I really like the concept of pets, and would love to see them work perfectly.
Also, he seems to have a knack of disappearing (but still being physically there) after coming out a cave. He cant attack, but he can move and be healed. :/
Thats on my lv 15 aritificer Fullmettal on Sarlona.

Carkolda
07-24-2012, 08:15 AM
I've had an issue with the cat in TIM where the cat doesn't know how to stay. I'll post it as a sentry at the main dias and I'll float down to the bridge and it will follow me down there, drawing aggro right along with it, even though I told it to stay. That's broken imho.

Eladiun
07-24-2012, 09:33 AM
Between sessions...not entirely sure it happens so often that it's more of a shock when the pet does anything than when it breaks. The sad part is they worked great when Artificers were in Beta. Now, the pet is virtually useless.

Honestly this isn't something that needs patching it's something that needs a complete recoding. You have two pet classes. It's time for the Pet AI to be rewritten by someone skilled. Just slapping more perfume on this pig won't improve it's smell.

Latric
07-24-2012, 11:14 AM
The hirelings are exhibiting this same behavior. It can easily be reproduced by taking them up a ladder or swimming. This is hitting enough people it should rate a priority fix.

Alrik_Fassbauer
07-24-2012, 02:00 PM
I've seen my arti pet trying to climb a ladder. Yes, indeed. Don't remember anymore if it succeeded or not, because I was busy after I reached the top.

jcoffey
07-24-2012, 11:59 PM
Not sure if it has been said but the feat:Augment Summoning is not adding Fortification to pets nor is the normal Fort being applied at least to Artificer Defenders.

LittleTinSoldier
07-26-2012, 03:45 PM
I play a level 22 Artificer on Sarlona that relies heavily on my pet.

My feelings:

I was practically giddy when I discovered I could ship buff my pet...more strength? More dexterity? Attack buffs with the Training Dummy? Woot!!
(Incidentally, if I don't dismiss my dog or end up with him destroyed before Part 5 of the Shroud, he becomes the one member of the raid that still has Ship Buffs when we face Arraetrikos...how awesome is that? ;) )

These days, It's not worth it--I consider them a pet breaker. I found there to be an art just getting the Hours of Practice buff on the thing...before the dummy was altered in U14, I would have to set my dog on the dummy and assist him by shooting the thing down to almost nothing so that he could get in the last swipe before it regenerated. These days he is able to do it himself, though I still usually assist to get it done faster. Still, I have to make sure he gets it first--if I assist too much and get HoP first, it's over.
He'll stand there and take a half-hearted swipe every once in a while. There is certainly a difference between the first time the dummy drops and afterwards (as I said before, I make sure HE gets HoP FIRST).

Then there is the issue of whether buffs are worth it, given if I have a client crash (such as every time I go into the Desert) my dog will need to be reunleashed--minus all the buffs i spent time acquiring--when I log back in (I still have all my buffs and summoned bolts).

I get Hover Dog--a sure-fire indicator my dog will do nothing (or worse: float over to the the target and stare at it, turning to face it as it moves). Sometimes dismissing and re-unleashing (again, a buff-stripping move) will solve. Sometimes, it's only a temporary fix.

One thing I've noticed is that my pet is very sensitive--the more damage he has, the more problematic he can be. There are times he will stand in one place after a fight and not return to me, but as soon as I cast a repair he'll come right over.
Lately, I've been keen on keeping his red bar topped off as quickly and regularly as possible, even if it's down just a little bit.

I recently finished a Chamber of Raiyum where I got my loot, recalled to the Refuge, took the ship back to the Marketplace and was halfway to House C before I realized he wasn't behind me.
He was Undead [I can't re-unleash him, because I can only have one pet at a time, I can't revive him because he's not dead and I've lost his bar so i can't dismiss and re-unleash].
I had him stationary a couple of times during the quest to keep him out of harms way, but thought he was on Follow when I left...

I've also come across a new phenomenon, where I dismiss my pet and still get the clanking sounds of him running behind me [Phantom Pet?].

And yet,
Despite all this, I wouldn't trade my pet for the world. My defender is a large portion of why I wanted the class enough to get it during U11, and a large aspect of my strategy.

Sgt_Hart
07-27-2012, 02:15 AM
Noticed similar symptoms with Hirelings(Especially Battlecat). I've been tellign folks I run with to "Cycle the AI" on problem critters By Setting it to passive, then defensive, then Active.

With hirelings at least, this does temporarily solve the issue, but it usually only lasts for one engagement, Sometimes two. Another frequent symptom is the hireling won't follow after an engagement. May be a halo effect, may be direct related. My hunch say's its in someway tied to the perception of new enemies, and what to do until-then/unless-ones-near.

cpw_acc
07-28-2012, 05:25 AM
I recently finished a Chamber of Raiyum where I got my loot, recalled to the Refuge, took the ship back to the Marketplace and was halfway to House C before I realized he wasn't behind me.
He was Undead [I can't re-unleash him, because I can only have one pet at a time, I can't revive him because he's not dead and I've lost his bar so i can't dismiss and re-unleash].
I had him stationary a couple of times during the quest to keep him out of harms way, but thought he was on Follow when I left...

I've also come across a new phenomenon, where I dismiss my pet and still get the clanking sounds of him running behind me [Phantom Pet?].

And yet,
Despite all this, I wouldn't trade my pet for the world. My defender is a large portion of why I wanted the class enough to get it during U11, and a large aspect of my strategy..
There is certainly a new bug since 14.2 where on finishing a quest your pet (Druid or artificer) will get left in limbo. Can't resummon, can't revive. Usual thing: patch fixes one bug, introduces several more...

Brattyone
07-28-2012, 07:17 AM
There is certainly a new bug since 14.2 where on finishing a quest your pet (Druid or artificer) will get left in limbo. Can't resummon, can't revive. Usual thing: patch fixes one bug, introduces several more...

I was wondering if this was a new bug or not. Every time I finished out of a quest I lost my pet wolf. I didn't try to resummon him though. I just dismissed him and then resummoned him. That did get annoying after a bit though.

Starla70
07-31-2012, 08:16 PM
Both my druid and artificer pets do this. I finish a quest and it is less then a 10% chance my pet is coming out with me. This is on Argonesson levels 5 to 10, which is all I have with those pets. The pets may or may not shrine, that is a roll of the idea these days.

jcoffey
08-09-2012, 05:32 AM
A well prepared/built Arti/Druid pet brings a lot to a group,you just have to know how to play them.

wey4lust
08-09-2012, 06:46 AM
Same here broken pet

Char: Millusia
Class: Arti
Pet: Rusty

Expalphalog
08-09-2012, 02:07 PM
Not sure if it has been said but the feat:Augment Summoning is not adding Fortification to pets nor is the normal Fort being applied at least to Artificer Defenders.

Same with Druid Wolves - no fortification from any source is being applied.

AdamantVirtue
08-10-2012, 05:48 AM
Had this issue on my Druid Bhadger on Cannith last night. Summoned wolf was right next to me chewing on kobolds in WW, but pet was hiding somewhere in the back. Does seem to have started since latest patch. Dismissing and resummoning seemed to help a little but not fix it.

Also had to dismiss / resummon when finishing a quest - that's definitely new since last patch.

mbaucco
08-16-2012, 10:22 AM
I get the "phantom footsteps" bug a lot more now than previously (if you unsummon your pet, his footsteps follow you around). The newest bug is I will come out of a quest and my pet will be in limbo. His health bar is still up, but the toolbar is gone and have to dismiss and recall. Recently, I went into a quest area for the second stage and found a zombie version of my pet, just sitting next to a bridge. Apparently, the model was never cleaned up from the last time I entered.

The biggest problem is still that the pet just becomes completely unresponsive far too often. I am constantly having to unsummon and re-summon my pet in an adventure to get even marginal use out of it.

I think the best thing for you guys would be to google "artificer pet bug". There are tons of posts on this issue with a lot of useful detail and what has been happening with arti pets.

Thanks,
Matt

Phaeton_Seraph
11-02-2012, 10:17 PM
I've noticed it happen whenever the artificer Pet warps into the water to get close to it's master, when it gets out of the water it's broken, sometimes dismissing and summoning again works, other times it doesn't.

I've noticed similar things happen to hirelings, though a lot more randomly, for example: sometimes Cleric hires will just not heal for no apparent reason, even though they were doing fine earlier.

Yes. Hirelings and Pets both seem to break in similar ways. Often they move to perform an action, as per their AI, or as per your orders, and then fail to perform any action.

When I used my free LR I made my pet a bad bad box breaker, so I've observed this more often since. He runs up to a box and stares at it. Sometimes it appears as though he is attacking - he may even try to intimidate the box, the genius - but with no result. Other times, he just seems to stare. I've seen fighter/pally hireling rush mobs and just stand there too. I've had decent luck with my Cleric/FvS hires, or maybe I was too busy dying to notice how he died.

Other times, I can't get a hire or pet to pull a lever, use a rune, heal, intimidate &c. No matter how many times I select target and click, it doesn't even appear to be trying. It walks up to the object, arrives, and returns to me.
Usually, a dismiss and re-summon resolves this, but there are times when it reoccurs repeatedly.
I've had this occur simultaneously to a Hire and a Pet, in dungeons where neither water or ladders seemed likely to be an issue.

My above examples are different than the Pet's floaty feet issues. In those cases, he runs around trying to do things, but it's like he's incapable of actually interacting.
I usually call him a gay-giraffe at these times. Like when Proximo, in Gladiator, complains that the giraffes he bought won't mate, they just stand around. At these times, I understand how disappointed Proximo must have felt; he was expecting to watch some action and reap some reward...

Another oddity I've noticed is that, sometimes, he will break a box and stand there staring at his broken box until he rubber bands to my new location (if I proceed without him), or until I order him to come, or until he is attacked/aggroed - and there may still be many nearby boxes to break or even mobs to fight.
As having a box-breaker is new-ish to me, and Hires don't break boxes (and why don't they?), I can't be sure if this is a bug or not. But having had his company as a lawful good dog for 23 levels, it seems... irregular.

Finally, it occasionally occurs that, when ship-buffing, my Pet gets trapped bellow decks - I think. I come out onto the deck, but he doesn't. If I call him to me, I hear his footfalls, and yet he isn't visible, or selectable. I find that jumping off a higher point, like the bridge and calling him to me while in mid-air forces him to teleport to my location.

One thing I wish could be changed about pets and hires is to have an offset when they teleport to my location. Because they teleport to my exact location. In a quest with lots of jumping... like the beginning of Dreaming Darkly, having a Pet, and maybe a Hire instantly appear on your location while you are trying to aim your jump in mid-air, is annoying and distracting and can obstruct your view at a bad moment. But mostly it's annoying.
The simple non-solution is to make it hold position while you are engaging in such activities, but it's to easy to forget them there until it's (almost?) too late, or you exit a quest and can't get your pet back because you left him inside.

Lastly, I would like to see some consistent differentiation and usage of names for "pets" and "companions." There are some people prejudiced against Pets, or who don't have enough experience to know how to control them or how they can be controlled. They'll be in a raid and say "no pets" (and if they're not the party leader I find this even more annoying), but they equate Pets with Summoned Creatures and use the terms interchangeably. Or others mean "Summoned Creatures/Monsters" and will say, "oh, Artificer/Druid dogs are OK", when you call them on this - but with some of the grief you can get about your Pet, it causes a bad reaction in the Pet owner. I've seen other people complain about pets or talk about hating them, when they mean (cosmetic) "Creature Companions."

Part of the problem is the fault of DDO. There are places where Summoned Creatures/Monsters are referred to as pets in in-game descriptions. The cosmetic Creature Companions and Pets both have Companion Collars.

I know some people don't care for their Pet, underutilise it, and hate it. But when you take the time to get the most out of it, going from lvl 1-20/5, it can become as much a part of your character as a Barbarian's melee weapon, or another character's shield. Even if you have a love-hate relationship with the buggy little turd.

Ebondevil
11-03-2012, 12:51 PM
Since Update 16 I've also noticed that when Artificer Pets (not had experience with Druid yet) and Hirelings warp to you, they tend to drop any soulstone they are carrying, frequently they can't navigate the terrain and need to warp to you, but then they leave the soulstone behind, very annoying if it's your soulstone they're carrying,

I ended up stuck in the Belly of the Beast, quite literally, due to this behaviour.

cpw_acc
11-03-2012, 01:52 PM
Yes to both bugs...the dog always drops soulstone when it warps, which is pretty much all the time unless its a straightforward level terrain. Completely breaks this ability which used to be really useful.
And often my dog gets into its no-attacking state, where it runs up to enemies and just stands there, usually with its head down. I'm pretty sure it gets into this state after climbing a ladder (not every time, but usually).

AsherStar
11-05-2012, 07:54 AM
I've watched my iron defender just stand there and look stupid way too many times, and I've watched my FvS and Cleric hirelings die way too many times with nearly full spell points, YOU'RE A FREAKING HEALER FOR CRYING OUT LOUD!!!!!!!!!!!

AsherStar
11-05-2012, 07:56 AM
Since Update 16 I've also noticed that when Artificer Pets (not had experience with Druid yet) and Hirelings warp to you, they tend to drop any soulstone they are carrying, frequently they can't navigate the terrain and need to warp to you, but then they leave the soulstone behind, very annoying if it's your soulstone they're carrying,

I ended up stuck in the Belly of the Beast, quite literally, due to this behaviour.

I got stuck in the tomb of the blighted for the same reason, hire could kill all the undead, but couldn't perform a simple task like taking my stone to the entrance to rez me

starrrynight
12-03-2012, 10:35 PM
I thought when the Artificer first came out, the docents all effected the color of the iron defender. I saw someone posted that only the special ones do now, but I remember switching out two simple +1 docents while still in Korthos, and they each gave my iron defender different color stripes. Now, no matter how many different docents I switch out, the stripes stay same reddish/orange color.

Is this as intended? Or is there some way for me to get the stripes to change colors again? Perhaps a mistake in an enhancement I gave it?

Any suggestions appreciated. (and is this the right forum for this question? it's kind of like a bug...)

Luxgolg
12-05-2012, 09:36 AM
I thought when the Artificer first came out, the docents all effected the color of the iron defender. I saw someone posted that only the special ones do now, but I remember switching out two simple +1 docents while still in Korthos, and they each gave my iron defender different color stripes. Now, no matter how many different docents I switch out, the stripes stay same reddish/orange color.

Is this as intended? Or is there some way for me to get the stripes to change colors again? Perhaps a mistake in an enhancement I gave it?

Any suggestions appreciated. (and is this the right forum for this question? it's kind of like a bug...)

What feats on the defender are active? Adm. Body may affect this, no?

swimmer11
12-05-2012, 07:00 PM
9 times out of 10 my druid wolf does this as well...grant it my druid has one level arti as well, but shouldn't make a difference. the wolf will just sit there even on guard, or aggressive, and be way away from me, and unless I manually tell him to attack something he is always just sitting there...my pure druid though does not have this problem...could it be something to do with the ranged weapons and not the pets at all?

Eladiun
12-11-2012, 10:52 AM
SNIP

This explains and encapsulates most of the issues I have seen.

dlbray
12-14-2012, 08:33 AM
25 Art here Sarlona/Bryc, i dont read the forms much but game is down on patch.

i have noticed that with dog in def stance he works most of the time but put him in aggresive stance and after a few fights he will just stand there. Sometimes I do see him run up to things and he will attack(no animation but can see number overhead) however its a very slow rate and not consistant. He does not use his Trip or Sunder hardly at all and sometimes will not even attempt it even when i manually press the button.

He will use the bluff enhancment even if not loaded on his bar, so much for getting the evasion and still trying to off tank with him. I have removed the bluff and maxed trip and sunder(which he doesnt use) and he still does not hold aggro well even with max aggro enhancements and taunt. Maybe because low damage output not sure but mob will run right past him and attack me before i even attack unless i send him in manually a great distance out.

The damage at epic lvls are a joke even with a named handwrap that i converted to a collar(the one that delevels foe and gives you temp hps on a 20 cant remember the name)

Dispite having not bad AC lvls he has no Phy resist so he gets popped for full damage and his HPs get stripped off quick in epic content. Epic lvls for this pet are very poor he needs overhall.

If you release him and attempt to resummon to correct the issue make sure to wait at least five min or so, if you resummon and he has the same damage on his hp bar then he is not reset and will not act right. (this is asuming you released him after a fight and his HP bar was not at full.)

Orchater
12-22-2012, 07:45 AM
Not sure if this is the right forum to post this, but;

I cannot drag active enhancements, ie., Howl, Feed, etc. to available spots on pet character sheet. therefore no hotbar usage. Relog/resummon has no effect at all. Not sure if this is happening to Arti pet or not. Any ideas?

Dyrfakk of Dyrffaddan
Cannith
Pet-Calidyffyr

Daemoneyes
12-28-2012, 08:55 PM

Thanks.

Not Arti but my Druid Pet bugs out almost every quest.

Pet short bar disappears and the pet is seen nowhere but hp bar of it stays.
Also i cant Summon a new as it tells me i already have one but i also cant dismiss it as simply nothing happens when i click dismiss.
Zoning etc doesnt repair it, only a relog does repair it but honestly the pet sucks so much i just dont summon it anymore.

Char is Daemonheart on Argo
9druid/5mnk/2fighter

btw
minlevel of Pet equip is wrong on a lot of items
got some minlvl6 items i couldnt equip my lvl9 pet also there are some items i know that must have way higher minlvl but they show way lower

starrrynight
01-06-2013, 07:08 AM
What feats on the defender are active? Adm. Body may affect this, no?

I reset all the enhancements, and it still stays the same reddish-orange. I even tried starting a few new artificer characters just to see if the color of the stripes may be assigned at character creation... And they all were the same reddish orange, too.

kafrielveddicus
01-11-2013, 12:39 PM
The Polar Bear Companion is broken, because it is not availalble to those in the harbor with 10000 motes.

Please add them to the altar of risia by the light house in the harbor!!!!

Starla70
03-24-2013, 09:16 PM
My artie pet has issues now and then. Typically dismissing it and bringing back works. I have had a couple of times this week where when I came out of a quest, the pet did not. I had to completely log off the game and back to get the pet back.

crazycaren
06-01-2013, 02:01 PM
Hi
Ran Fear factory with the lvl 17 Owlbear hireling. He kept getting stuck behind doorways and broken pipes that Ayron Staliya (cleric hireling) and I could get through no problem. Had to keep calling him to teleport but that defeats the purpose of having a defender!
Owlbear did great in the Vale
thanks

Phaeton_Seraph
09-15-2013, 05:03 PM
@ Madfloyd

Did you abandon this thread? Did you ever follow-up in any way? Did we waste our time responding to your thread? Can we get some feedback on our feedback? Or were you laid off?

SisAmethyst
09-15-2013, 05:32 PM
@ Madfloyd

Did you abandon this thread? Did you ever follow-up in any way? Did we waste our time responding to your thread? Can we get some feedback on our feedback? Or were you laid off?

Considering the fact that the dogs are still bugging out I guess the priority of this bug has dropped far below desk surface.

Usually I noticed this issue happening after the dog used a ladder and for some reason the Devs seem to seek the approach to fix all ladders, which I think is just insane. I mean why not just the second you call your dog at foot the dog get reset. Much like un-spawn/re-spawn however without that animation, the time and not loosing all buffs. This couldn't possibly that difficult to implement...

MichelOue
09-16-2013, 09:36 AM

Thanks.

Some times I wish for smoke out of my computer or a desk crashing to the ground with all the hard programing work invading my reality.
JCOM server Ghallanda: Pets you say.. . Hirelings follow me until I am stuck in tightspot, where if had not been for assigning him to follow another player to get away from me I would have stayed stuck there. Another time attacking stuck in a wall, hireling hobgoblins in open space stuck in a loop, had to exit game. these things are getting better. Direct X 11 here, just tried 64bit for the first time it was exciting DDO ;)

Now the bug is again pervasive but noticeable, hirelings and other companions, are one=> select self click two=>click single blue shield, then select double sword icon... and watch not respond like we are the wrong alignment and they wanted us to die.... ok DPI setting, or the funny arrow that finds obstacles where the cursor really is aligned with the object aimed for, all vectors in my sense.... lastly the arrow, and shadow: AAA arrows do not avoid other persons on your team, and they do not behave like boomerangs taking wild curves (details, but not for programmers), BBB my shadow diffuses and does not stay sharp 3 block away, it almost scares me to see this, ooupss not an enemy over there, just my shadow, clear and defined 7 times my height away ;) At least make my shadow funny if it's going to creep up on my in a unnatural way ;) Like black and white in MAD magazine, or my true alignment suggestions....

se possible versus imagination with billion neurons.... ;) keep up the good work. I hope this is perceived as constructive.

PS: my Ideal pet would be carried on the esthetic helmet option, and have limited (like the hairstyle bounce and or effect) Just luggage. frog with top hat fun, frog with top hat hanging in mid air in the pit of house D, creepy... mechanical dogs in a loop creepy, limit the loop to 3, then stop wasting processing power? Ok sitting on a bar being wiped is genius, but wearing a post with a lamp as a hat is to me as disturbing as individual players appear embedded into one another, it disturbs my ego.

Janisis
09-18-2013, 02:25 AM
@ Madfloyd

Well his last activity was on: Activity 02-04-2013 03:08 ....
So my guess is laid off or something.

But feedback on this thread would be great. The Owlbear pet which many of us paid cold hard cash for freezes and bugs out on doors and corners all the time. It would be nice if someone at Turbine would give us some feedback.

Xario
09-24-2013, 01:49 AM
Ghostbane from collar don't work right. Still seeing "incorporeal miss" note when my dog attack incorporeal enemies while wearing ghost touch item.

Lesser vampiric enchant on collar work only few minutes after equipping, then stop working. Must be reequipped, but again it working only few minutes.

Wolf”s Trip and Howl enhancement still not working – never trigger itself and can not be activated manually.

Arlannis
09-24-2013, 02:06 AM
Ghostbane from collar don't work right. Still seeing "incorporeal miss" note when my dog attack incorporeal enemies while wearing ghost touch item.

BTW, I've been seeing Incorporeal misses -- on characters who shouldn't have been getting them -- for a long time now. So this bug may not be exclusive to pets, collars, the Ghostbane attribute, or any of them. Unfortunately I was not able to spot any patterns to when it happened.

lyrecono
09-24-2013, 02:20 AM
i guess you're right, i don't always see (of hand)shield hits on ghosts whille using theetherial bracers either .

neain2008
11-19-2013, 06:14 PM
even though this thread seems dead now, ill chime in with my 2 cents.

I have both a level capped druid and a lvl 18 artificer.

the artificer pet has the full trip line and a vertigo 10 collar on. I see him tripping all the time.

the druid pet had the full trip line and a vertigo 10 collar on for levels 15-20 and never saw it trip once.

wish that would get fixed.

PsychoBlonde
12-10-2013, 10:31 PM
I know it does not really belong here but..

The Druid pet has the same problem. Was not working at all. Agressive or defending..didnt matter. was just standing there..or following me but never attacked.

My guess is that it has something to do with the pet-enhancements...because i remember it working fine before i was choosing enhancements.

The pet enhancements on the druid dog are severely borked. Half of the ones with a square icon (Such as Feed) can't be dragged to the bar, and my pet won't use most of them even if they ARE on the bar. I finally gave up and switched it over to purely passive enhancements and I stopped having problems with this.

I don't know about anyone else, but my druid doggie is still quite useful in everything short of Epic Elite--the trick is that you need good solid CC (like, say, earthquake). If you kite monsters around they will surround your pet and nuke him in short order. I leave him on defend and he adds a bit of damage and utility and pretty much takes care of himself.