PDA

View Full Version : How to Sell More Cosmetic Armor

fco-karatekid
05-29-2012, 08:39 AM
I never really saw much need in cosmetic armor, but the other day I purchased a set for a L20 character.

I previewed a kit, found one I liked within two previews, and purchased it.

This weekend I was considering it again (knowing it'd be a waste due to the low level of my character, but ignoring my practical inner voice).

After four previews, I gave up on it. Why? Not because it'd be a waste (I already addressed that); but because the UI just blows for previewing kits.

The redirection to the store wouldn't be so bad if 1) "display as list"+"sort" would hold state upon going back in the browser AND/OR 2) Either the link icons OR the description of the item (or both) would give a basic preview of the kit.

You may be getting those who have an overwhelming desire to put on an armor kit; but those of us impulse buyers are skipping it if we cannot get a quick view.

For those who are about to type "See DDOWiki": I did - after the fact. 1) it's incomplete and 2) the point of this post is to give feedback to turbine on improving their marketing mechanics... at least to flighty impulse buyers like me :D

Ashimere
05-29-2012, 08:52 AM
I think they should set them on a rack in the bank, that way they would be in a prime location for impulse shoppers.

zeonardo
05-29-2012, 09:33 AM
And I think they should put the armor kit's name on the inventory doll when you mousehover it... I don't know what's the name of the armor kit 5 minutes after i've purchased it.
And when people want to buy the same kit, I can't tell them what it is nor use it on my alts.