PDA

View Full Version : Ambigous mail offer: VIP & druid/even

btolson
05-18-2012, 10:13 AM
I received an email with this ambiguous statement:

"Become a VIP by June 25th and receive the Druid Class & Eveningstar Challenge Pack!"

Does this mean that becoming VIP by the stated date will add the druid and challenge pack *permanently* to the account, or that you have temporary access while VIP?

TrinityTurtle
05-18-2012, 10:39 AM
I take it to mean you'll have access on the release date, which is June 25, not permanently if you revoke your vip status. But it is somewhat ambiguously written, I agree.

Tolero
05-18-2012, 10:47 AM

"Become a VIP by June 25th and receive the Druid Class & Eveningstar Challenge Pack!"

Does this mean that becoming VIP by the stated date will add the druid and challenge pack *permanently* to the account, or that you have temporary access while VIP?

Druid & Challenges will be available so long as your VIP status is active as part of your VIP access. So if you downgrade, you'd need to either become VIP again or purchase them ala carte in Update 15.

(Now if you're a VIP who happened to pre-purchase the mid or high tier Xpack, then it's permanent even if you downgrade. Just remember "base" edition does not include Druid or Challenges so if you downgraded and only bought "base" the Druid and Challenges access would be removed as normal.)

btolson
05-18-2012, 10:54 AM
Thanks for the explanation.

I found the email to be especially confusing, considering that if you purchase 1 month non-recurring of VIP today, then you wouldn't even get the benefits described (as your VIP status would expire before the XPack launches and this stuff actually becomes available). It does a poor job of relating when you need to be actively VIP.

bhgiant
05-18-2012, 02:08 PM
Deceptive advertising at its best. Seriously, your advertising team needs to take an ethics class. They're making DDO look bad.

MrkGrismer
05-18-2012, 03:43 PM

Because it really should be: "Become a VIP and receive the Druid Class & Eveningstar Challenge Pack when it comes out on June 25!"

Dagolar
05-18-2012, 09:04 PM
Deceptive advertising at its best. Seriously, your advertising team needs to take an ethics class. They're making DDO look bad.

I'm supporting the scenario in which DDO's customer service and advertising departments are manned by a single half-drunk, irritable Scotsman with a lazy eye and an addiction to cigars and webcasts, and with the nickname of "Bunny".

What? Who is to say that's NOT how it is?

Because it really should be: "Become a VIP and receive access to the Druid Class & Eveningstar Challenge Pack when it comes out on June 25!"

MrkGrismer
05-22-2012, 05:37 PM
Even better.

KreepyKritter
05-27-2012, 01:03 PM
(Now if you're a VIP who happened to pre-purchase the mid or high tier Xpack, then it's permanent even if you downgrade. Just remember "base" edition does not include Druid or Challenges so if you downgraded and only bought "base" the Druid and Challenges access would be removed as normal.)

See this right here... This right here is why I shelled out the $80 back around tax time for the biggun. Granted, I'm going to have to free up some slots to get a Druid in there, but it's totally happening.