PDA

View Full Version : Increase Squelch List Max

MRH
05-11-2012, 12:53 AM
Turbine Dev's ...... you know that part of the code , where it states the variable for the squelch list max to be X ?

Can you please for the love of squelching change that to 150 or 500

Would be nice to squelch newer jackalopes as the years go by....... but your code is not letting us !

It shouldn't be a hard thing to change...... heck I can even update that for you if you want :D

thx

/signed

Antheal
05-11-2012, 01:09 AM
If you really need 100+ people on your squelch list, perhaps you should be playing a different game...

~Quilny
05-11-2012, 01:43 AM
They should increase friends list max as well.

/signed

Aurora1979
05-11-2012, 01:59 AM
I've only ever squelched 3 people in years of playing.

I use my friends list for friends though.... *shock horror* :)

That could do with being a bit bigger i'll agree.

morticianjohn
05-11-2012, 03:00 AM
Use the squelch list properly. If you don't like the person and don't want to group with them then put them on your blacklist. Only squelch the ones who are sending you annoying tells and stuff.

Also if you purge your list once in awhile I'm sure you have plenty of space for the annoying people who remain active.

Robai
05-11-2012, 03:41 AM
If you really need 100+ people on your squelch list, perhaps you should be playing a different game...
^^This, +1

Noopleh
05-11-2012, 08:22 AM
They should increase friends list max as well.

/signed

only cuz that's your personalized squelch list :p

SiliconScout
05-11-2012, 09:45 AM
First, for me, there are only 3 ways to get on my squelch list.

1. Blind Invite me. Have me decline and send a tell stating that blind invites are generally considered rude and that they should send a tell and ask rather than blind invite. Blind Invite me again (and again and again...)

2. Trade / Advice spammer. Sure you want to sell that +1 Underwater Action Docent badly but if you fire off your advertising more than 1 per minute I am going to squelch you. I don't need my logs filled with your street corner squeegee routine.

3. That guy who makes no sense, bragging that he's high or drunk or stupid .. whatever, and he just.won't.shut.up. Yeah please people don't be that guy.

Now having said that I bet there are probably 30 or so people on my list but I do try to once in a while clear it off. For the couple of people who really annoyed me, they are in my friends list with a note to squelch them and so after clearing the list I add the 2 (yeah there are only 2) people on there back.

And both toons on that list are a #3 with Griefer tossed in so I really don't ever want to run with them again.

My point... oh yeah I need to make one eh! LOL.

My point is I guess that it's a pain to prune and manage from time to time but you probably can and will be just fine. I would be really surprised if there were over 100 people who were truly bad enough, and ON enough, that they needed a perma ban on your end.

If there are, maybe look at moving servers. I am on Big T and she's pretty friendly overall, just the 2 complete ******s that I have run into so far and given how long I have played that is pretty darn good.

crimsonknights2
05-11-2012, 10:12 AM
I don't know about increasing the max, I tend to think that if you are really squelching everyone, you probably have a lot of pet peeves that make mmo's limiting for you. Everyone has a bad day, after all, doesn't mean they are always bad, etc.

Anyway...If devs are going to make changes to the Friends/Squelch functionality, how about actually creating a simple UI for it so that it can be easily maintained. Just a simple view for the lists, the ability to add/remove, and perhaps a little comment area for each so we can keep notes. i.e. grief port on chests in Shroud; or gave me LDS that I needed for crafting.

MRH
05-12-2012, 01:23 AM
Is there a max for friends list?

If there is ....... Why is turbine limiting the amount of friends you can add?

Why would they limit my ability to add whoever I don't want to run with ?

Like I said.......... I pay for this game to enjoy and enjoy the people I run with

When I run across people that are rude , jerks, ahole's , or whatever the case is, I should have the ability to squelch them.......... thats what squelch is for

Not your friends list..... that is for friends....

so again Raise the max cap on squelch list............. its only a one number change

/signed

Antheal
05-12-2012, 06:32 AM
Have you ever considered that the problem isn't with those 100+ people...?

Talias006
05-12-2012, 08:36 PM
Have you ever considered that the problem isn't with those 100+ people...?

Please don't go down that road.

It's never a pretty picture, no matter how good the artist.

I squelch people on occasion, and only because they got excessively annoying because of either spamming their wts/wtt or lfm's everywhere, or general rude behavior.
Usually.

Ungood
05-12-2012, 11:42 PM
I've only ever squelched 3 people in years of playing.

I use my friends list for friends though.... *shock horror* :)

That could do with being a bit bigger i'll agree.

I have a very short squelch list as well, irony is, everyone on it, knows it.

But yah, we need a better system for dealing with people we do not like beyond just adding them to you friends list with a note they are jerks, or squelching them.

I tried the friends list thing, and it was even more annoying then squelching them to be honest.

But I guess we gotta work with the tools we have, even if they are vastly sub-par.

herzkos
05-13-2012, 01:56 AM
going to agree with the others,
suggest you revisit your squelch list.

/squelch list
will show you who is on it.
Any names you don't recognize, type /squelch remove "name".
most of them have probably quit/rerolled and are just taking up space on
a character that no longer exists.

Xynot2
05-13-2012, 07:53 AM
After a while, the people that get squelched go away. I would prefer a */squelch remove all* over a bigger list. That way those that were just having a bad day could have a second chance.

LOVE the bigger Friends list- 10 friends and their alts and the list is full.