PDA

View Full Version : How about a Tarrasque?

the613
05-10-2012, 08:21 AM
Yes, I want to fight a Tarrasque. So could we please get a quest with one?

Zyerz
05-10-2012, 08:25 AM
So you wanna fight the biggest, meanest, most ferocious non-godly monster in D&D lore? Your character would be the half the size of a Terrasques nail. The Terrasque is triple the size of the biggest airship! :p I think we'll fight a Terrasque when we can do 18 man raids . :D

delsoboss
05-10-2012, 08:46 AM
Uhm it' would be pointless since we cannot kill it (no miracle or wish in game).

Mizzaroo
05-10-2012, 12:54 PM
Yes, I want to fight a Tarrasque. So could we please get a quest with one?

Terra-what-now?

ThePrincipal
05-10-2012, 01:02 PM
they would make a quest specific ring of 3 wishes or something like that just to apply when he's down to 0 health.

sounds like fun. no more demons please.

Gurei
05-10-2012, 01:03 PM
I'd rather not have my wf wiz's iron cajones rust off out of fear, but I'm fine with it as long as we get a sword of auto-tarrasque slaying :D

In all seriousness, I think this would make a great plot device for a quest, but I don't think bringing in the most powerful monster in every D&D Monstrous Manual is a particularly wise idea.

EDIT: Memnir (post below) has a good point. In DDO, how would this fight be interesting? there aren't any INTERESTING mechanics iirc in DDO it'd be a sack of HP that hits hard with insane defenses. Scary, but not fun.
EDIT2: ninja'd by xoowak XD

Memnir
05-10-2012, 01:06 PM
Terra-what-now?
Tarrasque (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tarrasque_%28Dungeons_%26_Dragons%29)
http://i.imgur.com/TdO5A.gif
And I know they it's one of the top-tier iconic creatures in D&D... but I can't think of a more boring encounter for DDO, quite frankly.

ThePrincipal
05-10-2012, 01:08 PM
I can. Giants, Demons, Undead, and Dragons are more boring.

Pape_27
05-10-2012, 01:11 PM
Given whats in the game now, how to kill it?

http://www.d20srd.org/srd/monsters/tarrasque.htm

xoowak
05-10-2012, 01:14 PM
The tarrasque lacks any interesting offensive abilities or strategy. I think the fight itself would end up rather boring. There are better monsters they could add. For example, a fight against one of these (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/epic/monsters/hagunemnon.htm) would be fun.

Vellrad
05-10-2012, 01:17 PM
Make it invade FR, so it can kill lolth and her drow, so we can stay in interesting setting.

Saravis
05-10-2012, 01:24 PM
I could see the tarrasque making for one heck of a final hooha before the servers shutdown. It would make its way across the entirety of the game world, eating anything and everything living in its path.

Perhaps even popping in raids and quests as well.

"What is this? Why am I here..."
"What the...!"
*chomp* *crunch*
(Standard) The Tarrasque has eaten Harry.

MorningStarSE
05-10-2012, 01:59 PM
The tarrasque lacks any interesting offensive abilities or strategy. I think the fight itself would end up rather boring. There are better monsters they could add. For example, a fight against one of these (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/epic/monsters/hagunemnon.htm) would be fun.

Protean monster ? Looks like the eldest gangrel in vampire....

Make it invade FR, so it can kill lolth and her drow, so we can stay in interesting setting.

Plane Travelling is ok if it is done right. I never been a huge fan of FR but I'll lived with it, between both I'd prefer Eberron to, but at some point it becomes redundant and need something different as setting and the only thing that make me sad is some of the storyline that imo were not really completed....

Anyway back on topic, @OP, there is already a tarasque in game. I wonder why you haven't see it yet. But I'll give you a clue-> everytime the beast fart the servers goes slower (some people call it lag).

LeoLionxxx
05-10-2012, 03:01 PM
besides, you cannot firght A Tarrasque. There is only one in the center of the Earth.

Mizzaroo
05-10-2012, 06:29 PM
Tarrasque (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tarrasque_%28Dungeons_%26_Dragons%29)
http://i.imgur.com/TdO5A.gif
And I know they it's one of the top-tier iconic creatures in D&D... but I can't think of a more boring encounter for DDO, quite frankly.

Hehehe... one of the people running away almost looks like a scout trooper(Star Wars). That is one scary lookin beastie. Well, thanks for showing me what it is. Yup yup!

HatsuharuZ
05-10-2012, 11:53 PM
I'd like to see that Titan under Korthos island become a raid boss, myself.

As for the Tarasque... I can see a few ways of incorporating it into a quest, but none of them have to do with fighting it, just running away from it or playing "red light, green light" with it while it's sleeping.

Kromize
05-11-2012, 11:02 PM

Depends how they would put it in a quest (or explorer area). If you were just wandering along and found one, and had to fight in the same place, yes it would be very boring (and resource intensive). However, if you were on a quest to save a city from a Tarrasque attack, and had to get the Tarrasque's attention, and lead it into a massive trap (designed by giants and dragons and deities and whatever else you want) in which to either kill it or just keep it imprisoned, that could potentially be very fun.

Doxmaster
05-13-2012, 11:39 PM
The Tarrasque is cool looking and famous...but isnt it the barbarian of the top tier D&D monster world?

It has a lot of HP. It gets in your face and hits you 'till your too much of a paste to get hit anymore. Then it eats the paste.

It is specifically non-optimized and has an int of 3: all it would do is get as close as possible to the nearest thing, wreck that thing, then eat and move on until it is defeated or passes out. Like a drunk frat buddy.

Sure, if we have to do something to keep it busy for X amount of time, lead it around or other such things it might be interesting...but that's kind of a waste of both a famous monster and what could be an amazing quest since the Tarrasque is so simple-minded

Kromize
05-14-2012, 04:41 AM
Sure, if we have to do something to keep it busy for X amount of time, lead it around or other such things it might be interesting...but that's kind of a waste of both a famous monster and what could be an amazing quest since the Tarrasque is so simple-minded

A little imagination can go a far way. And it seems you have none.

Nerestro
05-17-2012, 09:38 AM
I personally realy like the Hagunemnon (protean) more.
Lets see, Doxmaster is right, Tarrasque-Quest wouldnt be realy fun. But formshifting enemys? Sounds intresting like you get all monsters ever seen in DDO at once and you need to kill all, then, in the same order you killed them then Hagunemnon takes his form. Or like in Inferno of the damned, you can travel between worlds to kill "Spirits" so the protean looses his abilitys. So you can a)take him head on or b) kill him bid for bid.

And of course there always need to be one facing he protean or he will start reviving his parts^^

Phemt81
05-17-2012, 10:09 AM
This could be used to create some of the best events of any mmorpg.

I imagine an event where tarrasque invades eberron, or forgotten, and all players must fight it to defend the surroundings. With npcs running away from it and environments damaged by its passing by.

Would be awesome. Seriously.

Thanquil
05-17-2012, 11:23 AM
I would Sign if ddo gave it a huge amount of hp and the ability to 1 shot any of us so the raid would last 2 sec before whole raid was dead. This is something I believe they should save until we reach level 40 or something. sense level 40 doesn't exist they should just not release it yet.

If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you!

Gorbadoc
05-17-2012, 06:46 PM
The first Warforged Titan we encountered in DDO is similar to The Tarrasque: It's all brawn, and the fight is only interesting because you first have to activate several macguffins. Also, I'm pretty sure the Warforged Titan tried to eat the DDO source code on several occasions, which is why that raid was broken so often.

Nephilia
05-18-2012, 08:19 AM
I already can see the scenario!
An ancient congress of evil (?) druids want to awake an old menacious lizardlike mythic creature for the destruction of this corrupted and polluted world where gold and plat rules all around and there's no more space for nature and free animals !!!

Wait... I'm talking about RL or DDO... I'm confused at that point :confused:

Well anyway... even fight an Atropal would be awesome and less a "let's call it a draw" like the fight with Lolth must be (I can't believe we'll kill her, cmon let's be serious!!!)

Gorbadoc
05-18-2012, 05:54 PM
...this corrupted and polluted world where Large Scales and Epic Scrolls rules all
Fixed.

Zorth
05-23-2012, 11:26 PM
The only thing that is Dreaded more than this Monster is the worlds Largest Dragons or Lloth, A goddess.
T has an Intelligence of 3

It can be killed.

easyaction
05-24-2012, 09:14 AM
The only thing that is Dreaded more than this Monster is the worlds Largest Dragons or Lloth, A goddess.
T has an Intelligence of 3

It can be killed.

but what it lacks in books smarts it makes up for in street smarts!

Missing_Minds
05-24-2012, 09:37 AM
*plays "Mommy" card on Tarrasque*

Lets face it, it is what the OP wants.

Aurora1979
05-24-2012, 09:45 AM
If we get some form of wish, even as a quest item/spell thing then maybe.

Without being able to kill it though.... whats the point.

I do believe some things should be left untouched.

beating the legendary T would make me as sad as watching your invincible dad getting beaten up.

HatsuharuZ
05-24-2012, 12:55 PM
Make it a Tarrasque zombie. Then it can't regenerate.

And while you're at it, make it so that the Tarrasque zombie had swallowed a creation forge when it was still alive and is now making an army of warforged as it wanders the wasteland in search of it's mother! Oh, and if the party manages to nail it's feat to a perch, it starts pining for the fjords. You'll get the "Protect the Tarrasque from the Warforged Lumberjacks" optional, though, and that could be hard. The fight ends when you find and defeat the kobold necromancer controlling it.

Really, it doesn't seem that hard...

Xynot2
05-24-2012, 05:12 PM
This could be used to create some of the best events of any mmorpg.

I imagine an event where tarrasque invades eberron, or forgotten, and all players must fight it to defend the surroundings. With npcs running away from it and environments damaged by its passing by.

Would be awesome. Seriously.

That's what Rift is for.