PDA

View Full Version : Change Abbot Sigil bind status

sacredguyver
05-09-2012, 12:52 PM
As the title says.

The 8 pieces to make a Sigil to enter Litany of the Dead are Bind to Character on Acquire. I would really like to see this changed to at least "Bound to Account." All the other items you can collect (Tattered Tapestries, Shield Fragments, Tome Pages) in the Orchard of the Macabre are unbound, so why are these BtC?

Ravoc-DDO
05-09-2012, 02:55 PM
...so why are these BtC?

Because flagging mechanisms always work in character scope.

morticianjohn
05-09-2012, 03:02 PM
you want to change the worst flagging mechanism in DDO but you want to make a change that makes no sense.

I've heard suggestions to change the abbot flagging and I think that it probably does need an overhaul however, this suggestion is inadequate.

sacredguyver
05-09-2012, 03:06 PM
you want to change the worst flagging mechanism in DDO but you want to make a change that makes no sense.

I've heard suggestions to change the abbot flagging and I think that it probably does need an overhaul however, this suggestion is inadequate.
Inadequate compared to other overly detailed suggestions? Sure. But it should be a simple fix (and hopefully not in a "bags are a simple fix" kind of way).

Gkar
05-09-2012, 03:07 PM
If they wanted to change it I'd change it so that it was "run once and flagged", just like VON 5/6 and Titan.

morticianjohn
05-09-2012, 03:23 PM
Inadequate compared to other overly detailed suggestions? Sure. But it should be a simple fix (and hopefully not in a "bags are a simple fix" kind of way).

I just think that the flagging method for raids should be kept on a character by character basis. In order to do servants of the overlord a character must have completed Lord of dust. It doesn't matter if the player had done lord of dust on 10 other toons.

For each character the story progresses and so I think all flagging mechanisms should remain as BTC like the shavarath stones from vale, the ToD boots, or the titan sigil.

Sarisa
05-09-2012, 03:31 PM
You can now get Abbot sigil pieces from any explorer area chest, any shield piece chest, and they are available from any of the four quests. The sigils and shield pieces are most common in the quests where they were originally found, but can still drop in any of them.

While it's not a perfect solution, it's still an incredible reduction in grind if you run them as a group (and share your spares).

Diyon
05-09-2012, 03:43 PM
You can now get Abbot sigil pieces from any explorer area chest, any shield piece chest, and they are available from any of the four quests. The sigils and shield pieces are most common in the quests where they were originally found, but can still drop in any of them.

While it's not a perfect solution, it's still an incredible reduction in grind if you run them as a group (and share your spares).

I had more than a full sigil before I even touched Fleshmaker's on a recent character.

varusso
05-09-2012, 03:45 PM
Because flagging mechanisms always work in character scope.
Tor: 9 of each relic (used to be 15 --or was it 25? dont recall), not even BTA, can be passed to anyone you can open a trade window with. Plus the three flagging quests. Each raid/quest follows its own set of rules, which may or may not be the same as another raid/quest.

It makes perfect sense. If I have 10 part 2's on a toon, I certainly dont need the 11th that just popped in the chest. If I could pass them via bank to my other toons, though, then the toons missing a Pt 2 would complete their sigil faster, and be able to pass their extras to other toons. All around, it reduces the grind.

Its definitely better than it used to be, and it was a step in the right direction. However, "better than it used to be" is not the same as "as good as it can be" (see below).

As the title says.

The 8 pieces to make a Sigil to enter Litany of the Dead are Bind to Character on Acquire. I would really like to see this changed to at least "Bound to Account." All the other items you can collect (Tattered Tapestries, Shield Fragments, Tome Pages) in the Orchard of the Macabre are unbound, so why are these BtC?

I would agree, they should be BTA. Fortunately, with the change in drop mechanics, its relatively easy (by comparison) to get them now. Folks swap them in the chest constantly, and just give them away. An alternative to making them BTA would be to keep them as BTC, but allow toons to turn in X pieces for one specific piece (a la Sands scrolls). With the increased drop rate, this would be a decent balance of grind vs results. You still have to go farm the pieces, and you may get lucky and grab most of what you need on drops -- if not, you can grind a few more and build the one you need. Grinding blindly sucks. Grinding with a purpose sucks less :D

Diyon
05-09-2012, 03:53 PM
Really the best way is not to farm the sigils. You find a good group when you're at lvl, and farm each a few times for exp, plus loot, plus tome pages, plus shield frags. If you don't have all the pieces by then for your sigil, you shouldn't be far off.