PDA

View Full Version : Submit Ticket, get estimated wait time.

THOTHdha
05-09-2012, 09:17 AM
After the new physics engine I have been having to submit relatively frequent tickets to either get myself unstuck from behind a wall or to have a MOB that is necessary to kill in order to progress pulled out from behind a wall. On some of these occasions I have only had to wait a couple of minutes for assistance. Other times the wait is over half an hour. That kind of thing can be extremely frustrating when in a party.

Would it be possible to have some kind of automated estimate on response time given when you submit a new ticket? I don't know if / how the ticket system prioritizes incoming tickets, but for Stuck tickets especially it would be nice if the system would just check the number in the queue ahead of you, check what the response time has been like recently, and give an estimated time before you are likely to be getting some GM assistance.

In a lot of cases you can just reset your dungeon and get back to where you were in much less time than the half hour wait that it might take to hear from a GM. But not knowing if it will be 2 minutes or 20 minutes makes using the Ticket system quite a gamble. Just a little bit of feedback about how the service center is running right then would make things much more usable from a player's perspective. I really hope that this will get some consideration. I know that a lot of the people I play with have had such negative experiences that they don't even bother to submit a ticket any more. But I have had quite a mix of timely and friendly GMs as well as slow GMs and the very rare rude GM. I am sure that no one is intentionally trying to drag their feet and slow things down, but if they are swamped that evening letting players know that would be very useful.