PDA

View Full Version : Another "Please let us crunch shroud mats like DT runes" thread.

SSFWEl
05-06-2012, 01:51 AM
4 months ago I started a "give us an exchange NPC for large mats".
http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=357665

At the time I had done about 21 shrouds. And everyone said that it's purely a matter of luck and that Ill eventually get them.

Well that turned out to be partly true. I did eventually get enough large mats to make a RadII rapier on my main, a LitII bow on my alt and an air guard HP item.

Well now it's ~4 months later, I have since TRd once, and now have over 50 shrouds under my belt on my two toons. The last 20 of them on hard.

My current large count is as follows, includes end rewards and eDA.
29 bones, 11 Arrowheads, 9 Horns (really?), 8 stones, 7 Chains, 5 LDS, 3 Shrap.

Now lets figure out how many I had total including what I used for my RadII rapier, LitII bow and Air guard HP bracers (I think I got this right).
38 bones, 21 Arrowheads, 10 Horns, 17 stones, 11 Chains, 16 LDS, 16 Shrap.

I won't go into statistics, and I am willing to stipulate that I am simply very unlucky (although from admittedly non-scientific polls of guildies and the comments I see when players open up the end chests I am not so unique). In other words, it does not seem to be truly random, notwithstanding the differential use of the mats. Also at least some of the LDS, stones and shraps for my rapier, were kind gifts from my guildies.

So I propose to:

Please let us crunch mats exactly like in Reavers:

3 smalls into a single, random medium
3 mediums into a single random large.
1 large + high energy cell into 3-5 smalls

We have 3 different alters, like in Reavers
We have 3 different type of mat, like in Reavers
So it might be relatively easy to copy the idea to shroud mats.
This essentially means you are exchanging three large for one large.

This will actually create a market for smalls. Yes I am aware that people will start to farm parts I-IV, but so what? It will still take time, and you will still need smalls and mediums. And each time you crunch a large, you are using an energy cell. Or make it 2. Or even a sup shard.
Just an idea. Probably brought up before.

morticianjohn
05-06-2012, 01:57 AM
Also please make the BTC like the DT armor runes.

SSFWEl
05-06-2012, 02:12 AM
no need to be snippy.

And no. You only need a total of 3 runes for a "complete" DT armor. Sure you need to farm and grind till you get what you want, but it usually comes. And don't forget you can choose to simply buy "your choice of eldrich".

People farm for DT for a couple weeks, maybe 3, and finished. One is never done with Shroud.

So the reason to let us crunch only because they are BtC, is not, IMHO, sufficient to NOT allow it for Shroud mats...

ssgcmwatson
05-06-2012, 08:34 AM
That, or a three-to-one trade like the relics in GH

~Quilny
05-06-2012, 12:02 PM
/not signed

For me Shroud matts are crazy easy to get Im sitting on like 20+ of every matt large.

I do agree with you though for some reason I have more large bones than any other matt so maybe a better suggestion was fix the drop rate so they drop evenly if the common theme amoung players is we all are getting too many bones.

I do not know if that is a common theme though all i have for example is me and you the OP.

morticianjohn
05-06-2012, 04:15 PM
/not signed

For me Shroud matts are crazy easy to get Im sitting on like 20+ of every matt large.

I do agree with you though for some reason I have more large bones than any other matt so maybe a better suggestion was fix the drop rate so they drop evenly if the common theme amoung players is we all are getting too many bones.

I do not know if that is a common theme though all i have for example is me and you the OP.

I also have more bones but I think it has to do with the most commonly used recipies more than the drop rates.