PDA

View Full Version : Sell Public-Area-Only Wings!

Nomical
05-05-2012, 01:57 AM
Something that has no effect on game balance and that everyone would buy: sell favored soul/electric savant style wings that recharge every 15 seconds in public areas and let characters do their maintenance faster.

Perhaps a store item like boots of propulsion that recharges every 15 seconds but works only in public areas?

These wouldn't work at all in quests, so fvs/air savant/monks still have their special advantage where it actually counts.

xPhoxhoundx
05-05-2012, 02:05 PM
Something that has no effect on game balance and that everyone would buy: sell favored soul/electric savant style wings that recharge every 15 seconds in public areas and let characters do their maintenance faster.

Perhaps a store item like boots of propulsion that recharges every 15 seconds but works only in public areas?

These wouldn't work at all in quests, so fvs/air savant/monks still have their special advantage where it actually counts.

No.

Why? Because then they have no advantage over those other classes/low levels in public during events. ie: risia, egg hunt, etc.

MsEricka
05-05-2012, 02:05 PM
No.

If you want to move faster then get the Phiarlan Pendant of Time. If you want to abundant step then roll a Monk, Favored Soul or Air Savant.

Allowing "wings" in public would reduce the uniqueness of those classes and cause all sorts of issues (for Turbine) with the Risia ice games.

Sirgleno
05-06-2012, 10:19 AM
No.

If you want to move faster then get the Phiarlan Pendant of Time. If you want to abundant step then roll a Monk, Favored Soul or Air Savant.

Allowing "wings" in public would reduce the uniqueness of those classes and cause all sorts of issues (for Turbine) with the Risia ice games.

Instead of just making it a periodic cash windfall for those three classes? Wow, that would be awful!

phillymiket
05-06-2012, 10:26 AM
If everyone had wings it would make it harder to spam blind party invites to passing FVSs.

I needs my hjeals.

Zyerz
05-06-2012, 10:30 AM
No...
You'd have advantage in the Risia games, Easter Egg hunt, and pretty much, it's an advantage that isnt fair at all. Get a pendant of time, use haste, sprint boost, whatever. Quite honestly, I don't use abundant step on my monk to move faster. I use it for what it's intended to do. Get to hard to reach places, jump cliffs, and jump away if I'm surrounded by monsters., I never use it in public areas.

Sirgleno
05-06-2012, 11:28 AM
No...
You'd have advantage in the Risia games, Easter Egg hunt, and pretty much, it's an advantage that isnt fair at all. Get a pendant of time, use haste, sprint boost, whatever. Quite honestly, I don't use abundant step on my monk to move faster. I use it for what it's intended to do. Get to hard to reach places, jump cliffs, and jump away if I'm surrounded by monsters., I never use it in public areas.

Advantage implies that one person/class/race/whatever has an easier time with some content than others. Wouldn't making said "advantage" available to all characters, essentially remove an advantage by evening the field? I don't feel especially strongly about this either way, but your rebuttal here is nonsense.

For the record, my main is a monk, so I have no personal gain by supporting this. Just calling it like I see it, and giving a "wings-omg-win" option to others in public areas seems like a no-brainer for Turbine. I'm sure they would sell like hotcakes (assuming good functionality, and reasonable TP cost), and if this thread gets noticed, I'd expect to see them in the very near future in the store.

I do want to stress public only, if it was avail in instanced areas, this would be awful.

SaneDitto
05-06-2012, 01:11 PM
Speaking as a person who only had a total of one (inactive) character who can intrinsically "leap", I disagree with this proposal, even if it were restricted to public areas. It puts an unreasonable advantage for those who want to play the various public games and can afford the money to do so (there will always be people who cannot or will not spend for a pair of public-only wings, and they will be at a disadvantage unless you want to distribute them for free), and furthermore, it removes the uniqueness of having it intrinsically for monks, FvS, and Air Savants. The latter three get their "wings" at a price; what's stopping them from buying a pair before they get to the coveted level?

However, if it were just cosmetic wings, I might get behind that. :p

Chai
05-06-2012, 01:32 PM
Public areas, you mean like, the tavern gank pit?

voodoogroves
05-07-2012, 11:20 AM
They do already, it's called "Favored Soul"

Diyon
05-07-2012, 11:52 AM
I know there was an item in the store during Risia that did this. Something mistletoe or what not. Consumable, single use. So...stock up on those next time its around?

Bolo_Grubb
05-07-2012, 12:24 PM
no

Chai
05-07-2012, 05:04 PM
Q: If it only "actually counts" in quests, then why are you asking for it in public areas?

A: Because you realize it "actually counts" in public areas too.

xPhoxhoundx
05-09-2012, 09:34 AM
..Wouldn't making said "advantage" available to all characters, essentially remove an advantage by evening the field? ... your rebuttal here is nonsense.

The difference of class is what encourages challenge. If you don't like what one class has to offer try another.
Breaking public instance events by putting in a pay-to-win item with no value other than to bork the public events isn't good economics.

As stated further down from you and above mine, they sold those mistle-toe things if you really want to fly and not roll a FVS/Air Savant.

FYI: It would be horrible in public too. If you want to go faster in public, use your phiarlan pendant of time and a sprint boost.

Dark_Uncle72
05-09-2012, 09:40 AM
The difference of class is what encourages challenge. If you don't like what one class has to offer try another.
Breaking public instance events by putting in a pay-to-win item with no value other than to bork the public events isn't good economics.

As stated further down from you and above mine, they sold those mistle-toe things if you really want to fly and not roll a FVS/Air Savant.

FYI: It would be horrible in public too. If you want to go faster in public, use your phiarlan pendant of time and a sprint boost.

^^ This,

Asking for a specific-class-presitge item is like giving a turtle wings and tellin his heavy a** to fly... not gonna work,

'Sides they already have "pendant of time-like" items in the store.. use that if you wanna spend money.