PDA

View Full Version : Tier III Alchemicals need more mojo

Monkey-Boy
05-04-2012, 11:30 AM
Talking about melee weapons, I think the caster stuff is fine.

Tier IIs are fine as is in my opinion. The utility they add are commensurate to the effort involved in there acquisition.

I'm completely under-whelemed by the third tier. Sure a Triple-air can break Devil DR which is nice . . . but that's burst damage on a 20 is just meh. The DC is to low, mobs save too often. The third martial tier just needs more mojo for it to be worth the trouble.

I'm thinking . . .

- Double the base damage
- Add a vorpal effect in addition to the burst.

Thoughts?

edgarallanpoe
05-04-2012, 12:08 PM
I honestly stopped running both of these raids for the following reasons...

1. The pre-raid is stupid long. Seriously it is just a mind numbing waste of time just to *get* to the raid.
2. The time spent in the raid is not commensurately rewarded.

I agree that tierIII is simply not worth the grind, but the raids themselves have a lot more going against them than just this. The TierIII issue is just the icing on the cake for me. Even if TierIII were amazing I doubt I would do these.

Anthios888
05-04-2012, 12:29 PM
Yeah, they're a little boost, but not nearly as powerful for most situations as even tier 3 Shroud items, e.g. "acid blast" without their special properties added. The idea of giving melees an AoE is neat. I don't think that they need to be a ton more powerful, but a little (even a d6 or two) would help them gain traction among the myriad of weapon choices these days.

My main issue with epic is that tier I and II components don't drop on epic. If they were added as an addition to the loot (not replacing current epic stuff), there would be much more reward for completing this tricky raid on epic. I'm sure that a lot of players feel they are re-starting the grind fresh when they start a new difficulty, instead of working toward several goals simultaneously.

Grailhawk
05-04-2012, 12:31 PM
Its sad that there aren't more people asking for this.

I would rather they removed the epic slots and gave the them +3 Crafting or +5 Crafting then the vorpal effect but that's probably asking for too much.

The double base weapon damage on a T3 is a must though it needs to be done and I'm surprised it wasn't like that from the start.

Voldomar
05-04-2012, 01:27 PM
Its sad that there aren't more people asking for this.

Because T3 alchemicals are out of reach for most players atm.
And "caster stuff" is not that great either ( unless you have a divine )

JOTMON
05-04-2012, 02:12 PM
There are a couple perks for the Alchemical in general, but for the most part dont support the investment to get and craft.

Tier 3 sucks,

Even greensteel has a special effect based on the combinations for the top tier that keeps them as endlife gear.

Tier 2 stats only on melee and not on mystical crafting is a kick to the shins.

Limited effects, most crafting is pretty nice for Sorc's and their respective elemental lines..
But for everyone else is .. meh....

Even shields are subpar, Leviks for the most part is superior for AC/DR, and you can use it at level 14.

danotmano1998
05-04-2012, 02:15 PM
I honestly stopped running both of these raids for the following reasons...

1. The pre-raid is stupid long. Seriously it is just a mind numbing waste of time just to *get* to the raid.
2. The time spent in the raid is not commensurately rewarded.

I agree that tierIII is simply not worth the grind, but the raids themselves have a lot more going against them than just this. The TierIII issue is just the icing on the cake for me. Even if TierIII were amazing I doubt I would do these.

Aye... This sums up my thoughts fairly well.

So, I suppose we're both saying: "Yeah, sure, agreed that Tier III could use a boost but... I really don't have a dog in this fight."

Monkey-Boy
05-04-2012, 03:48 PM
Yeah, they're a little boost, but not nearly as powerful for most situations as even tier 3 Shroud items, e.g. "acid blast" without their special properties added. The idea of giving melees an AoE is neat. I don't think that they need to be a ton more powerful, but a little (even a d6 or two) would help them gain traction among the myriad of weapon choices these days.

That's AoE is a joke, I don't think I've seen anything fail the save except for the training dummy so it's like 35-40 extra on a 20?

My main issue with epic is that tier I and II components don't drop on epic. If they were added as an addition to the loot (not replacing current epic stuff), there would be much more reward for completing this tricky raid on epic. I'm sure that a lot of players feel they are re-starting the grind fresh when they start a new difficulty, instead of working toward several goals simultaneously.

it would be nice to see that, I agree.

Anthios888
05-04-2012, 05:45 PM
That's AoE is a joke, I don't think I've seen anything fail the save except for the training dummy so it's like 35-40 extra on a 20?

Well, 2 damage per swing does add up, and I've not been hesitant to grind for it, but in this particular case, it does not feel terribly epic, especially on many unloved melee weapon types. Even for powergamers with time restrictions, we must balance where our time is going to be best spent.

At minimum, I would just like other reasons to run epic to promote the raid in general, like my suggestion for increased normal/hard loot drops.

Part of the reason you don't hear so much clamoring on the forums about this is probably that alchemical weapons are sweet and underrated when they "fit" - caster weapons, divine nuking weapons, stat increasers, monk handwrap upgrades, crowd control DPSers. It would be pretty self-serving and unpopular for players like me to go on and on about how my gear needs to be upgraded.