PDA

View Full Version : Misplaced DM voiceovers

parvo
04-30-2012, 06:47 AM
A good while back, many DM voiceovers misplaced themselves such that they activate at the wrong time in quests. As far as I can tell, they are 100% repeatable bugs. I would like to see them fixed. Is it worth my time to report them with the in-game bug report tool? I hate to stomp down my party reporting bugs if they will not get attention.

deadmanet
04-30-2012, 06:50 AM
A good while back, many DM voiceovers misplaced themselves such that they activate at the wrong time in quests. As far as I can tell, they are 100% repeatable bugs. I would like to see them fixed. Is it worth my time to report them with the in-game bug report tool? I hate to stomp down my party reporting bugs if they will not get attention.

Not sure if this exactly what you are talking about, but lately I have been noticing the last voiceover to play in a quest will repeat itself(at least last few words or so) if I tab out of game and back in.
Thought it was just my pc.

axel15810
04-30-2012, 06:58 AM
I have the same problem. Figured it was my PC as well. I often will finish a quest, minimize DDO to check email or something, then bring DDO back on screen anywhere from a few minutes to 20 minutes later and it will always play some DM voiceover from the last quest I did.

barfuss
04-30-2012, 08:27 AM
same thing: last voiceover is repeated after tabbing out and back in

Buggss
04-30-2012, 08:41 AM
Same 100% repeatable problem.

Would've bug reported it but if they can't sort the ladders what chance have the voice overs got? :D

Phidius
04-30-2012, 08:51 AM
This goes back a long time - I remember running Tomb of the Shadow Guard, and hearing the DM tell me something from the Tomb of the Shadow King... I can't remember the exact phrase, though.

Zyerz
04-30-2012, 09:19 AM
I think I know why the repeating voice happens. Do you have persistant audio on? I enabled that and the problem seemed to stop. Since the games audio still plays even while the game is in window mode and I have something else open, the audio wont glitch and repeat itself. Dunno, but enabling persistent sounds helped me.

Matuse
04-30-2012, 10:21 AM
When Suulomades is killed in VoD, the DM will announce the death of Arraetrikos every time. Been that way for what, 4 years now?

Don't think it's getting fixed soon.

Abrazak
04-30-2012, 05:08 PM
I've seen this repeatedly in Coal Chamber. After the first journal is found all the DM voice overs for quest events seem to be off by one in the sequence.

parvo
05-04-2012, 06:49 AM
This goes back a long time - I remember running Tomb of the Shadow Guard, and hearing the DM tell me something from the Tomb of the Shadow King... I can't remember the exact phrase, though.

This is what I'm talking about. DM voiceovers happening at the wrong time/place. There are many areas where it is now happening. Bug reporting slows down the group. Is it worth it?

Bogenbroom
05-04-2012, 07:21 AM
I have been under the impression that this *might* be influenced by alt-tabbing out of the program. I see it a good bit when I run multiple-clients (which is usually,) so what I wonder is are there confirm-able cases where it happens in a non-windowed and non-tabbed environment? Those are the ones worth bug reporting, I'd think.

Dagolar
05-04-2012, 07:57 AM
Not sure if this exactly what you are talking about, but lately I have been noticing the last voiceover to play in a quest will repeat itself(at least last few words or so) if I tab out of game and back in.
Thought it was just my pc.

That's been around since...oh, heck. Update 9? Earlier? Anyway, maybe two years now.
It happens when you alt-tab or the game for some reason loses priority, say if your internet connection spikes and reconnects real quick.
And it's not always the last voiceover, I've gotten ones from quests previous to the one I just completed- a few times I've even gotten ones for quests I hadn't even run on the toon.
It's a curious bug, but since the audio tends to glitch out (so you'll get, say, "BEAT THEM OFF" and "THERE ARE TROLLS! TROLLS!" suddenly) it tends to be more amusing than troublesome. Especially if you're tabbing from the forums..

Anyway, it's such a long term bug now that you can report it or ignore it as you feel the whim to.

I'd rather have them take note of mis-speaks, as Matuse gave example to- and those would be worth reporting.

parvo
05-04-2012, 05:36 PM
No. What I'm describing is repeatable cases of misplaced/mistimed DM voiceovers at specific areas.

Dagolar
05-04-2012, 06:30 PM
I'd rather have them take note of mis-speaks, as Matuse gave example to- and those would be worth reporting.

This, then. Make sure to note the specific area and circumstances in the report, if you decide to file it :)

Frotz
05-04-2012, 06:30 PM
Just so you don't think you're crazy, there's a triggered narration in Stormcleave that's not apparently near any giant who it's saying is giving you the finger; and there's a trigger in WW for the named ogre (I think) that happens at the end fight location instead of at the door it's talking about (although maybe that's a z-axis problem).

GoRinNoSho
05-04-2012, 08:27 PM
Then don't forget the voiceover talking about the beholder at the end of Rainbow in the Dark (I.E. the fight with Turin Palo).

rodallec
05-04-2012, 09:19 PM
sleeping dust is another confusing one with the DM messages

parvo
05-05-2012, 05:30 AM
This, then. Make sure to note the specific area and circumstances in the report, if you decide to file it :)

Bug reports automatically note the characters location. Typically, one or two bug reports don't seem to get any attention. It takes a lot of them. So, If others here will start bug reporting them, I will too.