PDA

View Full Version : Raid Completions (or why I turn off VIP for months)

hwarchild
04-28-2012, 07:00 AM
First huge kudos for making tomes carry over. It allows many players to TR toons they otherwise would not have.

The next major deterrent to TR which could use some love is that raid completions do not carry over. I propose they should. If you've done the work to get the completions, achieving an accomplishment like TR should not erase that work.

Many players wait to TR until they have their 20 raid completions in. Depending where you are when you hit 20, this could easily be a 2 month delay. If, like me, you are in the 75% or so of players not in an elite guild it can take much, much longer. For example, I really want my 20 Abbot completions. I love the raid and am good at each puzzle. But my guild is too small to run it so I must do so through pick up groups. On average I then end up getting about 1 completion a week. That is a near five month gap before I can TR. On the other hand, if these completions carried over I'd personally TR about once a month.

With the current situation, there's little reason to continue paying VIP status to maintain excellent quests like Tangleroot, Delera's, Summerfield, etc for those months when I only run a small handful of raids. Once I TR I again go back to VIP for faster leveling to 20. In other words, in addition to being fairer to players, this change would be more profitable in terms of increased number of VIP registrations and Greater Heart/leveling bonus sales. Just my 2 copper. Thanks for reading.

Uska
04-28-2012, 09:10 AM
I think I remember reading they will be doing the completions carrying over but then I cant find it again so I may have been dreaming.

Ungood
04-29-2012, 07:25 AM
Given that a player can Maintain an annual ViP for 99, there is no reason to cancel and restart the ViP sub. With the Bonus of the 500 TP and all the additional content that ViP sub offers, like races, and classes that a player has to buy if they cancel, it would actually profit Turbine more to have players cancel and then restart from time to time.

In that scenario where they cancel and restart, they are paying for the same content (Non-epic pack lower/mid level Quests) time and time again, as well as they needed to purchase all the raids, epic packs, classes, and races they wish to use, as well as potentiality purchase the shared bank, and other accessories to maintain a fun and non-interrupted Premium gaming experience, which can add hundreds of dollars to their already paids ViP sub.

Given also that MOTUD offers all the Epic Packs included in their large deal, there is no reason for them to not enjoy a player who opts to shell out 15 Bucks a month, for VIP from time to time for whatever reason or motive.

I personally don't care if they carry over raid completions to be honest, However, I feel that if they try to do this, it will somehow break handwraps and remove tomes.

Syllph
04-29-2012, 09:04 AM
I would love if they changed this. I have decided this life is the life I get my torc. This means I cannot TR again until, most likely, 20 raid completions. I'd really rather be TRing to be honest, but since completions don't carry over....

karnokvolrath
04-29-2012, 09:53 AM
I like it....
/signed.