PDA

View Full Version : WF models that are actually "female"

deahamlet
04-26-2012, 04:29 PM
WF female models are exactly like WF male models. I say either get rid of the "gender" or make different models for female WF.

I'm sick and tired of staring at what looks like a flamboyant gay robot. :P Yep, spiral 1 lavender armor kit for the feminine fashionista!

If we want to argue that robots don't really have genders, then why have "female" or "male" at the options and in the information box of the toons. If your programming fu is that weak that you cannot make a race that does not also use female/male because all other races use it... then get your graphics fu upgraded and give us actual female WF!

Teharahma
04-26-2012, 04:37 PM
'Here we go again!'

shadowspeaker
04-26-2012, 04:41 PM
Warforged do not have a gender. Each individual may select to live a traditional female life or male life or both or neither. They as a race do not have gender roles. In order to adjut and adpat to the cultures they find themselves in and to be accepted more readly by lesser races they sometimes select a gender.

So the better fix would be to add an option for no gender.

Alaunra2010
04-26-2012, 04:44 PM
So the better fix would be to add an option for no gender.

Ooh! And to make models that are anatomically correct based on player choi-- *is stricken blind and dumb by some unseen force*

flaggson
04-26-2012, 04:47 PM
http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=364784&highlight=warforged+female+toons

http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=354908&highlight=warforged+female+toons

http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=293820&highlight=warforged+female+toons

you are not alone in your want

one thing that might help with this is the implementation of the scout body type for warforged

http://www.wizards.com/leaving.asp?url=/dnd/images/mmiii_gallery/83078.jpg&origin=dnd_ag_20040903a

in general it's smaller, sleeker, and a tad more "feminine" while still being mostly gender neutral

shadowspeaker
04-26-2012, 04:50 PM
"one thing that might help with this is the implementation of the scout body type for warforged"

That is the main point body types are given to WF based on the role they were manufactured to serve. Do you give your microwave a gender? No, but it is smaller than your conventional oven or a pizza oven as they all have different roles.

flaggson
04-26-2012, 04:54 PM
"one thing that might help with this is the implementation of the scout body type for warforged"

That is the main point body types are given to WF based on the role they were manufactured to serve. Do you give your microwave a gender? No, but it is smaller than your conventional oven or a pizza oven as they all have different roles.

yes, I understand that... however it would give a player a more feminine feel.... without changing the fact that it is still gender neutral

Tholar
04-26-2012, 04:59 PM
Everybody wants to make them more feminine, while overlooking the masculine. Warforged are essentially naked.

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3574/5737854035_87afc8bd06.jpg

Do we really want to go there?

flaggson
04-26-2012, 05:10 PM
Everybody wants to make them more feminine, while overlooking the masculine. Warforged are essentially naked.

Do we really want to go there?

I'm not sure if I understand what your trying to say here... unless you were just looking for a place to put a picture of a pipe...

masculine features have definitely not been overlooked in the making of the current warforged model.... broad shoulders... V shaped... squared jawline... yep pretty masculine if you ask me... nope.. I don't think anyone overlooked that

as an aside... I'm not petitioning for the female body types... I see no reason to have them... however, I can definitely step outside of my own wants and identify with those that would ... I get it... it makes sense

AZgreentea
04-26-2012, 05:14 PM
I just want my warforged to have a unique voice, not the same as the human template. I would expect something more mechanical or 'organ pipe' sounding coming from a warforged. Its the way their voice is described in a lot (all?) of the Eberron novels.

themoonbreaker
04-26-2012, 05:17 PM
Warforged are not toasters. They are not robots. They are people with manufactured bodies with a predisposition to learn quickly for about 6 months as opposed to fleshie's 6 years.

They have souls, not just channeled life force, like a golem or other construct. That is why they were granted status as a free race, not belongings of fleshies.

The Lord of Blades knows where you live. Just saying.

EpiKagEMO
04-26-2012, 05:28 PM
Well, if you actually turn up your volume and listen to the "female" and "male" voices when s/he shield bashes or rages the voice varies... will that help much? :3

otherwise... use your imagination.

P.S. for people saying that warforged don't have genders, Dorris from Framework is a female warforged :P

Failedlegend
04-26-2012, 05:32 PM
What I'd really like to see is sliders to make adjustments.

Anything would be nice even if its just height and build with each TR making the bar slightly longer.

What I would REALLY like is sliders but have like shoulder width, waist size, torso width/size, bust size, leg length, torso length, eye size, eye width, etc. etc. as well as a "Special" slider for each race like this:

Halfling: Head Bulge Size (that giant bump on the back of their head is VERY exagerrated halflings due have slightly enlarged craniums buts its just ridiculous)

Warforged: How Heavily armored they are...not an actual slider something like Crystal (Robes) - Unarmored (Outfits) - Mithral (Light) - Adamantine (Heavy)

Half-orc: Fang Length

Half-Elf: Pedo-meter Pedo----Undecided----Not Pedo :P seriously though Ear Length...same with elf and drow

Again though I'd be happy with a simple height and build slider...just the more the better of course.

Although I'm also in favor of WF getting a second body-type...but I think they should change WF "Sex" choices from Male/Female to Light/Heavy...or more like I mentioned above

Buddrow
04-26-2012, 05:34 PM
totally agree WF need more ascetically pleasing looks across the board; and I am satisfied with none of the current armor kits. Outfits look ok.

Tholar
04-26-2012, 05:38 PM
Correct me if I am wrong here.

Warforged were created as soldiers.

Warforged are completely sexless, but can adopt personalities that simulate the two sexes.

These personalities come after creation.

Being soldiers they were made larger, and hence the more masculine features.

To me it just makes sense that the females look a lot like the males. They couldn't tell on the factory floor which way a warforged would go.

gerardIII
04-26-2012, 05:48 PM
Being soldiers they were made larger, and hence the more masculine features.

Are you saying being a soldier is a masculine trait?

What about
http://dir.coolclips.com/Military/Armed_Forces_Personnel/Marines/female_soldier_with_a_gun_CoolClips_vc019045.jpg

Ungood
04-26-2012, 05:53 PM
Topic Link
(http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=364784)
you are not alone in your want

one thing that might help with this is the implementation of the scout body type for warforged

+1 for linking a Topic I started! :D

Tholar
04-26-2012, 05:57 PM

Not at all, I am saying if you were to build a soldier you would go for power. Power usually means larger.

Failedlegend
04-26-2012, 05:58 PM
Correct me if I am wrong here.

Warforged were created as soldiers.

Many types of Warforged were created the "Soldier" model is just the most common. Even if they weren't I'm sure the LoBs has "Enhanced" a few of his followers with "Dalek Bumps" for his own use :P

Postumus
04-26-2012, 06:11 PM
WF female models are exactly like WF male models. I say either get rid of the "gender" or make different models for female WF.

If they made a model that looks like Motoko from Ghost in the Shell then I'd be all for it.

Tholar
04-26-2012, 06:12 PM
Many types of Warforged were created the "Soldier" model is just the most common. Even if they weren't I'm sure the LoBs has "Enhanced" a few of his followers with "Dalek Bumps" for his own use :P

Created as soldiers for a war that spelled the end of an age, warforged are artificial beings that display a human
level of intelligence and self-awareness.

- from wizards.com

Who knows what the LOBs did when people weren't looking however.

Ungood
04-26-2012, 06:12 PM

I owe you a +1, That was funny!

But yes, they were all made as solders, just different kinds of solders, from recon, spies, to frontal assault units. Warfored were as varying as the duties on a battle field.

"Dalek Bumps" .... Still laughing.:D

Tholar
04-26-2012, 06:17 PM
All that being said, if they decide to make some of them more feminine, I won't complain.

A little work with a saw, some sandpaper, a bit of gorilla glue....instant "Dalek bumps"

I think you coined a new term :)

jortann
04-26-2012, 06:27 PM
Do you give your microwave a gender? No, but it is smaller than your conventional oven or a pizza oven as they all have different roles.

So... your saying my microwave is a chick and my oven is a dude?

makes sense

Expalphalog
04-26-2012, 06:42 PM
So... your saying my microwave is a chick and my oven is a dude?

Yep. Just don't leave any open liquor bottles in the kitchen when you leave town for a few days, otherwise you might have a litter of little EZ-Bakes running around in 9 months. :D

But seriously, I think it would be cool to have a more slender WF model as an option for those who want a more feminine toon.

jortann
04-26-2012, 07:24 PM
Yep. Just don't leave any open liquor bottles in the kitchen when you leave town for a few days, otherwise you might have a litter of little EZ-Bakes running around in 9 months. :D

lol

But seriously, I think it would be cool to have a more slender WF model as an option for those who want a more feminine toon.

Yeah, but do we want Kree with anymore chick toons?

Doxmaster
04-27-2012, 08:52 AM
No thanks.

AZgreentea
04-27-2012, 09:09 AM
I've seen plenty of very attractive female fellow soldiers who look masculine in full body armor. If they put their back to you, you cant even tell they are female. Even the ACU by itself robs a person of any curves they might have (unless they are overweight).

Only custom warforged (those made individually for a specific purpose such as hosting and not mass produced) look female because there isnt much functional use for a specific gender in a soldier. The only thing that mattered was the basic structure of a humanoid. On top of all that, Warforged were not even considered alive until just recently, so why would any Artificer even consider giving one a gender when making one?

I cant imagine the LoB making male and female WF. If you hate fleshies, why would you emulate them? If anything, I would imagine the LoB would discourage gender roles.

I can see making the 'heavy' frame of a combat WF and the 'light' frame of a scout WF. Since the selection screen seems to be coded around making a gender selection you could just key them that way.

WeberCC
04-27-2012, 09:15 AM
How about this?

Remove the choice for male/female and then add an "extra" feat for warforged,
where the player chooses the type of Warforged they want to play.

Warforged: Standard, already choosen and with the pro/con's as is...

Wf Juggernaut: Adamantine body, bonus to STR and/or CON, penalty to INT and cannot be healed, only repaired. Equipped with a permanent weapon in one arm (maybe counts as a THF weapon?)

Wf Scout: Bonus to DEX, Penalty to STR or CON, cannot choose Adamantine body.
Maybe a bonus against larger foes like the Halfling and??

(Psiforged): Composite only, bonus to WIS?, Penalty to CON? (due to the embedded crystals).
Otherwise, just like the Warforged...

These are just some quick ideas, probably not easy to intergrate into the game.
And yes, i know that the Juggernaut is surpposed to be a PrE for the Warforged.

Information is taken from the Eberron Wiki; http://eberron.wikia.com/wiki/Warforged

WeberCC

Memnir
04-27-2012, 09:17 AM
No matter my personal opinion on the matter, I think that this ship as long since sailed. They are not going to alter player-models at this late stage in the game, particularly not ones that have been around since launch. I mean, even given the very vocal outpouring of dislike against Half-Elves, they only received a few more facial options prior to their going Live (and a few removed, like the frankly awesome curly mustache facial hair option). But, once they went live, they have remained unchanged - even though they still get trashed on for being very bad looking.

The only way I think we'd get a new WF model is if they made it a totally new race. While I'd not be against a WD Scout option as a race, I think that it'd be too low a priority for the Dev team to ever see it actually happen. And even then, both gender options would probably look the same like now.

WF are what they are. Homogenous looking, gender-neutral, and bulky. If that is unappealing - pick another race. They are very unlikely to be changed anytime soon.

Ungood
04-29-2012, 07:30 AM
They could sell body mods in the store, like Hair Styles.

I am sure it would sell.

Failedlegend
04-29-2012, 08:02 AM

I am sure it would sell.

I'd pay to have a smaller WF that can actually wear robes, Also the True heart to go back to WF on my Sorc (I was debating between H-Elf and WF when I started him and honestly the ability to wear robes was a big deciding factor in going H-Elf)

HatsuharuZ
04-29-2012, 02:53 PM

I am sure it would sell.

This makes me think of chia pets, for some reason...

On another note, I find it silly that wf'd have to spend a feat slot to get their armor. They need a literal "body shop" in House C where wf'd can get an oil change, have some adjustments done, or even get some detail work done.

GeneralDiomedes
04-29-2012, 02:56 PM
Problem already solved .. why do you think there are so many pink docents?

Singular
09-04-2012, 10:11 PM
I've seen plenty of very attractive female fellow soldiers who look masculine in full body armor. If they put their back to you, you cant even tell they are female. Even the ACU by itself robs a person of any curves they might have (unless they are overweight).

Only custom warforged (those made individually for a specific purpose such as hosting and not mass produced) look female because there isnt much functional use for a specific gender in a soldier. The only thing that mattered was the basic structure of a humanoid. On top of all that, Warforged were not even considered alive until just recently, so why would any Artificer even consider giving one a gender when making one?

I cant imagine the LoB making male and female WF. If you hate fleshies, why would you emulate them? If anything, I would imagine the LoB would discourage gender roles.

I can see making the 'heavy' frame of a combat WF and the 'light' frame of a scout WF. Since the selection screen seems to be coded around making a gender selection you could just key them that way.

If humans were making warforged, they'd have genders. All human cultures have genders, every single one. When we make robots, we assign them genders, too.

In English, vehicles are feminine - cars, boats, planes, etc. Storms have genders, too, and are usually feminine. In the Romance languages, gender is much more extensive so things like toasters are gendered, too.

Back to DDO - I hate looking at a big beast. I'd much rather play something slender and feminine looking. Turbine could offer "feminizing kits" in the DDO store (these would sell, for sure) or allow us to change the body size and shape of the warforged with sliders as someone mentioned above. Or just give us a feminine body shape when you choose "female" in the warforged character creation.

It sucks to not want to play this race b/c it's so ugly. Sort of like not being able to play helf for their melted plastic face look. Blaach!

Galeria
09-04-2012, 10:35 PM
I would be happy with a smaller scout build and some additional face customizations.

And really awesome wigs. And some fashionable boots.

But the slimmer scout design for females would be a good compromise. Every other race gets a different model for male/female... WF should have one as well.

Lore-wise, there are definitely different body models in Eberron. Not every warforged was built to fight. And with recent changes to immunities, I imagine the number of new warforged melees rolling out of the forges are greatly decreased.

Alrik_Fassbauer
09-05-2012, 03:22 AM
I agree - I would like to see some more variety with those models, too.

grgurius
09-05-2012, 04:27 AM
While you are at it can we get male models for elves too?

And how about some facial hair for warforged, i mean how hard is to glue some hair to a metal chin.

And schedule helves for a full facial reconstruction.

Khatzhas
09-05-2012, 04:33 AM
If humans were making warforged, they'd have genders. All human cultures have genders, every single one. When we make robots, we assign them genders, too.

It sucks to not want to play this race b/c it's so ugly. Sort of like not being able to play helf for their melted plastic face look. Blaach! Humans didn't really design Warforged though. They are based on plans for alien mind-vessels plugged into a barely understood magical forge, and activated through the mysterious energies contained within a specific bloodline. I'm guessing that the original creator was just glad that he could get them to turn out humanoid at all.

Also remember that warforged are at the end of a progression of constructs that started out unintelligent. Unless its a naming convention of your specific language, you don't assign gender to a tank or a rifle. (Its users might, but that is a way removed from manufacture.) Given that you mass-produce them in order to sell them to all the sides in an ongoing war, you probably try to depersonalise them as much as possible.

Lore-wise, there are definitely different body models in Eberron. Not every warforged was built to fight. And with recent changes to immunities, I imagine the number of new warforged melees rolling out of the forges are greatly decreased. There are different body types, but the closest that they get to "feminine" is just a slightly slimmer build and change in voice.
After the war, the creation of new Warforged was banned. PC warforged are all generally those who existed at the time.
There are likely one or two illicit forges in operation, but who knows what their creations are like?

Truga
09-05-2012, 04:46 AM
There are likely one or two illicit forges in operation, but who knows what their creations are like?

Lore says two are still operating. One is somewhere in the depths of Sharn, ran by some Cannith dude, the other is in Mournlands, ran by the Lord of Blades.

There's more undiscovered forges built by the Quori around Xen'drik during the Quori/giant war, probably. Players have actually stumbled into one on the restless isles. :P

Singular
09-09-2012, 07:30 PM
Humans didn't really design Warforged though. They are based on plans for alien mind-vessels plugged into a barely understood magical forge, and activated through the mysterious energies contained within a specific bloodline. I'm guessing that the original creator was just glad that he could get them to turn out humanoid at all.

Also remember that warforged are at the end of a progression of constructs that started out unintelligent. Unless its a naming convention of your specific language, you don't assign gender to a tank or a rifle. (Its users might, but that is a way removed from manufacture.) Given that you mass-produce them in order to sell them to all the sides in an ongoing war, you probably try to depersonalise them as much as possible.

There are different body types, but the closest that they get to "feminine" is just a slightly slimmer build and change in voice.
After the war, the creation of new Warforged was banned. PC warforged are all generally those who existed at the time.

So WF are aliens trapped in a body of wood and metal? Blach!

I'd still rather have the option of a slightly less masculine body-shape. And they're quite ugly. I tried playing around with them, but when I do, I just want to make them as ugly as possible since there's not a thing you can do to make them look good. And then I don't want to play. Buuuu!

Thurbus
09-26-2012, 07:24 AM
If I could request one thing in DDO, it would be access to female warforged. My girlfriend refuses to play them because they don't come in a female model. I know she would have a blast playing a warforged wizard or sorcerer, but until female warforged are made available, she won't even consider it.

Ungood
09-26-2012, 07:55 AM
If I could request one thing in DDO, it would be access to female warforged. My girlfriend refuses to play them because they don't come in a female model. I know she would have a blast playing a warforged wizard or sorcerer, but until female warforged are made available, she won't even consider it.

I put this idea out a while back. War-Forged Gender Body Mod (http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=364784)

soulaeon
09-26-2012, 06:08 PM
First, the fact that we can choose a male and female warforged is purely aesthetic, in practical terms and in the game. Constructs dont sexually reproduce.
However, some kind of gender reassignment option would be nice for those players that are no longer comfortable with their own skin, I mean, wood or whatever it is they have.