PDA

View Full Version : Next Player Race: Werewolves

TekkenDevil
04-26-2012, 11:27 AM
It's a logical next step, if you ask me.

With MotU, we will get:
-The Werewolf race as an enemy.
-Werewolf skin and model in the game resources.
-Shapeshifting mechanics, through druids.

With all that, it should be easy money for Turbine.

All Werewolf players would get a clicky that recharges per day and can have it's daily uses increased through enhancements. When activated, you'd turn into a werewolf for a set amount of time, also lengthened through Enhancements. Werewolf form would strengthen with player levels.

Base Stats would be standard Human stats but with a penalty to charisma.

Chai
04-26-2012, 11:31 AM
Now I just need a van to surf on.

http://whysoblu.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/04/teenwolf.jpg

salmag
04-26-2012, 01:40 PM

With MotU, we will get:

All Werewolf players would get a clicky that recharges per day and can have it's daily uses increased through enhancements. When activated, you'd turn into a werewolf for a set amount of time, also lengthened through Enhancements. Werewolf form would strengthen with player levels.

Not sure, but...

Aren't they called "Shifters" in Eberron lore?

Jaid314
04-26-2012, 03:20 PM
Not sure, but...

Aren't they called "Shifters" in Eberron lore?

sort of.

werecreatures in eberron as a general rule either don't exist, or are super-duper rare and very secretive, on account of the church of the silver flame had a massive hunt a few hundred years back and *still* is looking for more werecreatures to burn.

shifters are essentially the ancestors of werecreatures that retain some small portion of their ability, but not anything remotely close to full werecreature status.

i wouldn't agree with full werewolves being introduced. it simply wouldn't fit the setting (if the game was set only in FR, i still wouldn't particularly want them next tbh though. i think there are plenty of other races that make more sense to bring in to the game first) i would certainly agree with shifters (and changelings, for that matter) being introduced, though.

AZgreentea
04-26-2012, 03:29 PM
shifters are essentially the ancestors of werecreatures that retain some small portion of their ability, but not anything remotely close to full werecreature status.
Indeed. Geth from the Don Bassingwaith books got a bit harrier and had a toughened hide when he shifted. Others can grow claws, sharper teeth, or might not have any obvious outward appearance change at all. Their 'shift' could be all internal.

http://dungeonsmaster.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/09/word-of-traitors-182x300.jpg

(Thats a gauntlet on his arm, its not part of his shifter nature).

Xynot2
04-26-2012, 03:51 PM
Really? Werewolves? How about gnomes? Red Dragon Discipline?

*Deleted LONG rant about WoW, Werewolves and other stuff that has no business in DDO*

Memnir
04-26-2012, 03:54 PM
Shifters yes.
Werewolves no.

In other news:

"You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Chai again"

Uska
04-26-2012, 04:10 PM
Werewolves arent a race they are a pestilence and have been erradicated by the silver flame.

seriously they aren't a race they would be a template added to an existing race

Ziindarax
04-26-2012, 09:19 PM
Yes on shifters, no on the were-races. Largely because even though we will get to play in Faerun, Faerun will only be an end-game thing. It is unlikely DDO will allow us to level from 1-20 in Faerun in lieu of Eberron in the near future, and the only were-creatures that exist in Eberron are those living in the plane of Lamannia.

Aashrym
04-27-2012, 12:57 AM
shifters yes, werewolves no. :)

Flavilandile
04-27-2012, 02:01 AM
Werewolves are monsters ( in the Realms, as other stated they have been ( mostly ) exterminated by the Silver Flame in Eberron ).

As such No for Werewolves except as mob.
After all this is Dungeons and Dragons online, not World of Darkness Online.

Now Shifter is another matter, they are a core Eberron Race, and like all the Missing Eberron Races, adding them would be great.

Bacab
04-27-2012, 02:08 AM
Werewolf=PRE for Druid...kinda like Wraith/Vampire/Lich Form for Pale Masters.

Any bets?

Xynot2
04-27-2012, 08:54 AM
Werewolf=PRE for Druid...kinda like Wraith/Vampire/Lich Form for Pale Masters.

Any bets?

There is a wolf shift. RP the were- part XD

brentpatty1
04-27-2012, 09:10 AM

http://whysoblu.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/04/teenwolf.jpg

I hope I get the skills to play Basketball

Drakos
04-27-2012, 09:44 AM

With MotU, we will get:

But in D&D when a Ware<creature> changes form it destroys all worn equipment (ref. Monsters Manual pg.178), not a good thing to have to unequip all gear before uing the proposed clicky. Plus, then the Silver Flame would have to have you offed.

Drakos
04-27-2012, 09:45 AM
sort of.

werecreatures in eberron as a general rule either don't exist, or are super-duper rare and very secretive, on account of the church of the silver flame had a massive hunt a few hundred years back and *still* is looking for more werecreatures to burn.

i wouldn't agree with full werewolves being introduced. it simply wouldn't fit the setting (if the game was set only in FR, i still wouldn't particularly want them next tbh though. i think there are plenty of other races that make more sense to bring in to the game first) i would certainly agree with shifters (and changelings, for that matter) being introduced, though.
You probably meant decendents here.

I do agree that Warewolves wouldn't make a good addition to the playable races. They are more common in the FR setting, but to many game mechanics issues. Also, Warewolves are Evil, and we don't get to play evil in DDO. Shifters on the other hand wouldn't be a bad addition.

flynnjsw
04-27-2012, 09:52 AM
It's a logical next step, .

You and Logic?

Zyerz
04-27-2012, 09:55 AM

With MotU, we will get:

Not a race though, since Werewolves arent a race, but technically, a disease; called Lycanthropy. Most races can contract lycanthropy. Not sure about elves though, I'd have to revise my monster manual.
The closest thing to that without it being lycanthropy, are Changelings and Shifters, two races found in Eberron that can shapeshift. Rakshasa are also able to shapeshift, but I doubt seeing them as a playable race anytime soon.

Quite honestly, I'd prefer to see Gnomes and/or Tieflings. Easier to make, and two popular player character races these days.

KillEveryone
04-27-2012, 11:44 AM
Yes on shifters, no on the were-races. Largely because even though we will get to play in Faerun, Faerun will only be an end-game thing. It is unlikely DDO will allow us to level from 1-20 in Faerun in lieu of Eberron in the near future, and the only were-creatures that exist in Eberron are those living in the plane of Lamannia.

Very near future sure but if I'm remembering correctly, it was stated that Epic is only being introduced there first but other stuff will get filled in.

Faerun isn't going to just be end-game.

Cyndrome
04-27-2012, 11:50 AM
You and Logic?

Flynn just ruined my computer because my coffee came out my nose when I read that comment. I demand compensation!

Silverwren
04-27-2012, 12:17 PM
Shifters, yes.

Werewolves, no.

The next thing you know peeps will be asking for Vampire toons, and then DDO will become another Twilight saga. I'd like to avoid the melancholy drabness please.