PDA

View Full Version : Repeat Quest: First Option

Syllph
04-24-2012, 11:29 PM
Dear DDO,

Please make repeat the quest the first option and not the second. I don't really want to read what the NPC has to say. I want to repeat the quest.

That is all.

:)

Galeria
04-24-2012, 11:34 PM
Yeah, that would be great. Just like that guy in Threnal has it. So it can reset the entire chain you just completed. http://i1072.photobucket.com/albums/w378/galeriaddo/JC-golly.gif

Frotz
04-25-2012, 12:34 AM
Heck, a fair amount of the time I'd be happy if once you've completed the quest once, the entrance would be a walk-up for you without need to talk to the NPC (or even get the reward).

Thundaga
04-25-2012, 02:23 AM
Heck, a fair amount of the time I'd be happy if once you've completed the quest once, the entrance would be a walk-up for you without need to talk to the NPC (or even get the reward).

The reason you need to have the quest is because the dungeon is designed to work based on the quest objectives.

I know there's one NPC, the woman who runs around near the gate to the Cerulean Hills in the Harbor, who has a fast quest repeat. You interact with her, you click on, "Repeat This Quest," and that's it. No questions asked, no stories to tell, no pleading for your help, nothing. It would save a little bit of time if they were all like that. Especially for those NPC's who give you a full background on what the quest is about before you can actually get underway. But personally I don't mind either way. I mean, it's just a few clicks here and there. I actually do a great job timing my mouse movements so I hit the right options really quickly.

If this is not what you guys are talking about, then I apologize for my ignorance.

Syllph
04-25-2012, 06:27 AM
This is mostly a joke, but honestly it is true that I don't care what the NPC has to say. If I wanted to read a story, I'd pick up a book.

I'm here to play and going though a dialogue each time I want to run a quest isn't what I want. Most quests the first line is the "do this again?" line.

themoonbreaker
04-25-2012, 06:58 AM
Did someone say they wanted to read a book? :)

Thundaga
04-25-2012, 02:23 PM
This is mostly a joke, but honestly it is true that I don't care what the NPC has to say. If I wanted to read a story, I'd pick up a book.

I'm here to play and going though a dialogue each time I want to run a quest isn't what I want. Most quests the first line is the "do this again?" line.

Well, hey, I don't ever condone skipping dialogue on your first time doing a quest. I hope no one does that.

Kinerd
04-25-2012, 04:26 PM
My favorite is Kurvic the Hound, who gives an option to skip dialogue but if you take it he tells you to **** off. That one in House J where "advance" is the second option instead of the first is also hilarious.

Xynot2
04-27-2012, 09:17 AM
Did someone say they wanted to read a book? :)

Explain this *book* thing I'm hearing about.

Mathermune
05-01-2012, 03:03 PM
Explain this *book* thing I'm hearing about.

It's kind of like a forum, only it's usually done by one person and rather than being on a PC they print it out and glue it together for whatever reason.

I don't understand it either.

Xynot2
05-03-2012, 04:11 PM
The reason you need to have the quest is because the dungeon is designed to work based on the quest objectives.

I know there's one NPC, the woman who runs around near the gate to the Cerulean Hills in the Harbor, who has a fast quest repeat. You interact with her, you click on, "Repeat This Quest," and that's it. No questions asked, no stories to tell, no pleading for your help, nothing. It would save a little bit of time if they were all like that. Especially for those NPC's who give you a full background on what the quest is about before you can actually get underway. But personally I don't mind either way. I mean, it's just a few clicks here and there. I actually do a great job timing my mouse movements so I hit the right options really quickly.

If this is not what you guys are talking about, then I apologize for my ignorance.
Repeat this quest can be programmed to automatically give the quest without further conversation. I think once through the convo is enough.

/signed in favor of this idea and +1rep to the OP