PDA

View Full Version : More stealthy quests, please.

mobrien316
04-22-2012, 06:19 AM
Other than low-level Stealthy Repossession, I can't think of any other quests in the game where a solo rogue (or any other stealthy character) can sneak their way through.

Claw of Vulkoor can be mostly done in sneak mode, but you have the deal with the giant(s) at the beginning.

I know you can sneak your way through parts of a lot of quests, but I would like to see a few more quests (at mid-level and high-level) like Stealthy Repossession, where you can sneak through carefully without fighting anything and succeed. Another interesting idea would be to sneak though, possibly assassinating certain enemies, in order to succeed.

It's a bit of a bummer to realize that my level 20 rogue hasn't been able to sneak his way through anything since the Harbor.

ddobard1
04-22-2012, 06:21 AM
signed

MrCow
04-22-2012, 08:23 AM
FlimsyFirewood is the one typically responsible for any of the stealth-focused quests from Module 8 and on (Monastery of the Scorpion, Bastion of Power, The Claw of Vulkoor, Frame Work, Blockade Busterm etc.), so here is to hoping he can continue to work his stealth quest building mojo.

Other than low-level Stealthy Repossession, I can't think of any other quests in the game where a solo rogue (or any other stealthy character) can sneak their way through.

Others that a stealth-focused character can go through and not have to engage in attacking a critter:

Maraud the Mines
Monastery of the Scorpion

Theolin
04-22-2012, 08:49 AM
I do blockade buster ... stealth even on a not stealth char.
I also usually try Diplomatic impunity as well & usually fail(the sneak part) but I have not tried with a sneaky char just by trying to be sneaky

sirgog
05-08-2012, 11:31 PM
FlimsyFirewood is the one typically responsible for any of the stealth-focused quests from Module 8 and on (Monastery of the Scorpion, Bastion of Power, The Claw of Vulkoor, Frame Work, Blockade Busterm etc.), so here is to hoping he can continue to work his stealth quest building mojo.

Others that a stealth-focused character can go through and not have to engage in attacking a critter:

Maraud the Mines
Monastery of the Scorpion

I had never thought of Bastion as anything other than a hack and slash and zerg fest. I need to try it stealth-style next Wizard life.

Mizzaroo
05-09-2012, 12:41 AM
OOOOO! Id love to see more quests like stealthy repossesion too! I love playing on Rogues and think more sneaker quests would be great stuff!

Count me as /signed :D

Havok.cry
05-09-2012, 12:50 AM
Id like to see some quests simular to the last few thieves guild quests in oblivion. Sneaking through well fortified casltes to retrieve an object. That way they could satisfy stealthers and storm the casle fans at the same time. I also want said castle to be equipped with a pimped out pnp gaurds and wards spell throughout.

Havok.cry
05-09-2012, 12:53 AM
I had never thought of Bastion as anything other than a hack and slash and zerg fest. I need to try it stealth-style next Wizard life.

Most of the amrath quests are fun to stealth through, but my favorite is sins. Getting the mobs to move outta the way without just attacking you is challenging.

Mizzaroo
05-09-2012, 12:58 AM
Id like to see some quests simular to the last few thieves guild quests in oblivion. Sneaking through well fortified casltes to retrieve an object. That way they could satisfy stealthers and storm the casle fans at the same time. I also want said castle to be equipped with a pimped out pnp gaurds and wards spell throughout.

Thatd be an interesting kind of stealth quest to have in DDO. But then again, may as well use the whole of the Thieves Guild AND Dark Brotherhood quests as a good example of stealth based quests. Or at least thats my opinion.

Havok.cry
05-09-2012, 01:01 AM
Thatd be an interesting kind of stealth quest to have in DDO. But then again, may as well use the whole of the Thieves Guild AND Dark Brotherhood quests as a good example of stealth based quests. Or at least thats my opinion.

Well if we are going that far I should just break down and suggest a "theif2" ddo pack lol. That would be awesome.

Mizzaroo
05-09-2012, 01:05 AM
Well if we are going that far I should just break down and suggest a "theif2" ddo pack lol. That would be awesome.

Never played thief, but Ive been told its fun.

sirgog
05-09-2012, 01:09 AM
Most of the amrath quests are fun to stealth through, but my favorite is sins. Getting the mobs to move outta the way without just attacking you is challenging.

My issue with Sins stealth is that Death Aura lets mobs detect you, I'd use Death Aura on Saglia, and the only toons I really train stealth on are Wizards (read Pale Masters, I'm over Archmages).

Plus zerging that quest is too much fun.

Havok.cry
05-09-2012, 01:09 AM
Never played thief, but Ive been told its fun.

If you ever decide to take a break from DDO, get on steam and get it (or from your prefered source) it is pretty awesome as far as stealth games go.

Havok.cry
05-09-2012, 01:12 AM
My issue with Sins stealth is that Death Aura lets mobs detect you, I'd use Death Aura on Saglia, and the only toons I really train stealth on are Wizards (read Pale Masters, I'm over Archmages).

Plus zerging that quest is too much fun.

Zerging it is fun I agree. The times I did it stealth was on my AAs last life, which was pure ranger.

Havok.cry
05-09-2012, 01:16 AM
I think it would be fun to try doing 6-12 man stealth missions. Stealth is normally done solo, but I think doing this would be interesting, and possibly educational.

wax_on_wax_off
05-09-2012, 01:34 AM
Or just be able to do more than stealth so that you can solo quests and stealth the parts that can be soloed (just about any quest can be stealthed in parts).

Build in my sig ("not your average rogue") might fit the bill, soloed elites all the way to cap.

Havok.cry
05-09-2012, 02:43 AM
Or just be able to do more than stealth so that you can solo quests and stealth the parts that can be soloed (just about any quest can be stealthed in parts).

Build in my sig ("not your average rogue") might fit the bill, soloed elites all the way to cap.

Lol I am pretty sure we can all build effective toons. Liking stealth does not imply lack of ability in other areas of the game.