PDA

View Full Version : Auto-Closing Doors

Mastese
04-16-2012, 05:31 PM
Man, just get rid of these already! I absolutely hate them and they are almost as predictably annoying as my mother-in-law. How many times do you have to get stuck when the door rolls shut on you only a few moments after it's been opened? It's a true pain in the rear end if you ask me. Apart from adding a little challenge in preventing you from accessing a Rez Shrine while soloing in spirt form, I can't seem to see any real reason to keep them around. They add needless delay and frustration. So either extend the time that they remain open by a reasonable amount (60 seconds), or let them remain open indefinately.

-Mastese

chrichton
04-18-2012, 02:48 PM
Well - it might somewhat force different tactics - which is a good thing in an MMO. The ranged characters need to at least move into the room or be out of the fight for a few seconds when the door closes.

zwiebelring
04-18-2012, 03:14 PM
Just remove ship doors. Those 2 doors are annoying like anything.

JOTMON
04-18-2012, 03:23 PM
Change them so once they are unlocked or opened the first time they automatically open as you approach.
Like how the gates automatically open for the scorpions or bats when they come through in Coalescence.
Subterrain doors need about 5 seconds longer duration.. those ones are really annoying...

Gurei
04-24-2012, 09:28 PM
Just remove ship doors. Those 2 doors are annoying like anything.

Those doors i surprisingly don't mind being closed. I belong to a fairly small guild and so those doors being open is a pleasant telling of a guildie being logged on ^^ However, [I] understand how I am in a great minority so I wouldn't exactly fight against those ship doors being removed for the sake of everyone else's sanity.

...On a different note, or a different page of the same note I guess, those Sub T doors really do need a reasonable timer. I'm impatient with non-living objects and find these doors incredibly annoying, so I fully support the idea of a door remembering it has been previously opened in that instance and open for a player as they approach.

Thundaga
04-25-2012, 02:34 AM
Those doors i surprisingly don't mind being closed. I belong to a fairly small guild and so those doors being open is a pleasant telling of a guildie being logged on ^^

Haha, that's exactly how I feel. Good to know I'm not the only one who has that in the back of their minds.

As for the topic at hand: the doors are meant to work the way they do because, as someone already mentioned, it forces you to be alert and to enforce new tactics on the fly, such as ranged players having to run through the doorway rather than hanging back and sniping. As you know, ducking behind the wall next to the door is a cheap way to avoid damage. The closing doors for the shrine rooms is also a big, somewhat subtle way to enforce group play.

I very much like the way it is now. I know it seems pretty simple to just get rid of closing doors to avoid frustration, but I don't believe you fully thought this through before you suggested they remove them.

Xynot2
04-26-2012, 04:25 PM
/signed