PDA

View Full Version : please think about it

ladypummel
04-16-2012, 01:58 PM
my suggestion to improve this game would for premium players to at least get the abilty to open quests on hard i mean it is really messed up that i have personally bought just about all content /17 toon slots/shared bank/ pets /kits/pots/jewels/vet/challenges/so on and so on and when i make a vet toon after buying a new slot for a toon i cant open anything but normal really seems to be a slap in the face

TheDjinnFor
04-16-2012, 02:15 PM
my suggestion to improve this game would for premium players to at least get the abilty to open quests on hard i mean it is really messed up that i have personally bought just about all content /17 toon slots/shared bank/ pets /kits/pots/jewels/vet/challenges/so on and so on and when i make a vet toon after buying a new slot for a toon i cant open anything but normal really seems to be a slap in the face

You can buy unlocks from the store too.

A VIP gets unlimited access to a whole bunch of features for a fixed monthly fee. A premium player has to pay for them individually. This hasn't changed since F2P came out.

FastTaco
04-16-2012, 02:38 PM
You can buy unlocks from the store too.

A VIP gets unlimited access to a whole bunch of features for a fixed monthly fee. A premium player has to pay for them individually. This hasn't changed since F2P came out.

Even after their huge price decrease... 25 TP per unlock is extremely high if your using them exclusively. That's 2500 TP to unlock 100 quests on just one character.

It would almost be equivalent to selling every bank slot individually and only per character, absurd... but I think the unlocks are worse than that.

Name one other thing premiums must buy as a 1 time consumable that VIP's get?

Missing_Minds
04-16-2012, 02:42 PM
TR twice. instant elite opening.
TR once, instant hard opening.

No unlockers necessary. premium has the option per character IF they really want to put that sort of work in.

danotmano1998
True Ressurrection.

1st life, you can unlock quests on Hard.
2nd life, you can unlock quests on Elite.

ladypummel
yes i understand that still think it should be changed maybe even a all the time unlock option instead of a one time option in the store so that people like myself that have invested in this game can be able to unlock instead of having to buy a one time option ever quest.

TheDjinnFor
04-16-2012, 02:43 PM
Even after their huge price decrease... 25 TP per unlock is extremely high if your using them exclusively. That's 2500 TP to unlock 100 quests on just one character.

It would almost be equivalent to selling bank every slot individually and only per character, absurd... but I think the unlocks are worse than that.

So you're saying there's a good reason to go VIP if you play the game often and want to save some cash. That's the point of VIP, right?

Name one other thing premiums must buy as a 1 time consumable that VIP's get?

VIPs get a bonus 500 tp per month to spend on one-time consumables. Who do you suppose buys the vast majority of mana pots, xp boosts, & the like?

ladypummel
04-16-2012, 02:45 PM
True Ressurrection.

1st life, you can unlock quests on Hard.
2nd life, you can unlock quests on Elite.

yes i have trs but i am talking about vet and new toon builds i like to play around with builds and maybe it could be included with vet or vet 2 even

karnokvolrath
04-16-2012, 02:46 PM
As said before, just TR.

FastTaco
04-16-2012, 02:48 PM
VIPs get a bonus 500 tp per month to spend on one-time consumables. Who do you suppose buys the vast majority of mana pots, xp boosts, & the like?

Those 500 points are considered free, so premiums buy more.

Not really free per say though, but I think you cheated. :D

herzkos
04-16-2012, 02:53 PM
I would have to disagree. I am a "premium" player.
VIP's don't have enough perqs as it is much less take one away from them even for a small fee.

OK, now justification for my above claim.
I'm premium, have been for about a year and a half now. I have all the packs except the
cannith raid one. 10 characters per server, shared bank (i think 30 slots). I did NOT buy
the shared plat option. I see no real need for it because I don't play the ah game, nor do
I do the trade channel.

Moral of the story, /cringes I haven't spent a dime on this game since
I bought a triple(iirc) point bonus sometime in the summer of 2010. I currently have in excess of 10k
turbine points which I would use up to about 3k to buy a permanent hard unlock.

Contrast me with a VIP player who has pretty much the same stuff as I do (plus shared vault?)
and access to all the quests. The only real advantage he has is the ability to open any difficulty
he wants. To get that ability he has paid somewhere between $8 and $15 a month for the past
year/2 years. I think he's earned that. The VIP can also start as many guilds as he wants for free.
woohoo with guild renown in the game, thats not worth much at all.
/edit, VIPs also have the ability to submit help tickets for what that is worth.

Dawnsfire
04-16-2012, 02:58 PM
yes i have trs but i am talking about vet and new toon builds i like to play around with builds and maybe it could be included with vet or vet 2 even

There has to be a few perks for VIPs. They really only have three at the moment.

1) First time open on elite (loses it's meaning after 2 TRs)
2) A couple of days advance entry into new content
3) All content open for free (without the opportunity to buy it while on sale)

Since 3 can be bought the first two are the only real reason to be VIP. So even though I am Premium and would love to unlock early I can not sign.

Not signed :(

Memnir
04-16-2012, 03:01 PM
No thank you.
The option exists, you just need to work for it.

ladypummel
04-16-2012, 03:05 PM
i respect what input the vips are saying but as someone who dosent like creditcards in cyberspace i just wish they would look into another option that is all

Missing_Minds
04-16-2012, 03:12 PM
i respect what input the vips are saying but as someone who dosent like creditcards in cyberspace i just wish they would look into another option that is all

I'm not VIP.

Don't want them to have a credit card on file for you? Sure you can, but it makes it more difficult for account verification. Also, if you want, you can always call account managment and ask to have points put onto your account that way. But given how credit cards are handled, as soon as it is issued, the # is in cyberspace.

Galeria
04-16-2012, 03:14 PM
You have the option of being VIP, reincarnating, or buying unlocks from the store.

The easiest option of all is to simply group with someone who can open hard/elite.

Plenty of options without eroding the value of a subscription that is already pretty thin.

herzkos
04-16-2012, 03:16 PM

go to the nearest big box superstore.
purchase a pre-paid credit card.
set up a one time use(or multiuse) e-mail for ddo.
use prepaid credit card to purchase vip/point bundles.

haven't done so myself but getting a one time use "credit" card or one purpose
use credit card should effectively insulate you from the worries you have irt cyberspace.

Alrik_Fassbauer
04-17-2012, 07:43 AM
I fear there might be a common misconception between both the terms of

- "premium"

and

- "VIP"

Because for example in German language : "VIP" = "Premium" in terms of subscriptions etc.
The term "VIP" as a subscription term (sort of) just doesn't exist in this (same) sense as in the English language.

"VIP" in German language rather means = "celebrity" in English language.
Although "celebrity" can be translated into German language as "Prominenter / Prominente [person]", too.

But "VIP" as a subscription term just doesn't exist in German language. Not that I know of.

Lazarus8
04-17-2012, 08:05 AM

^^ PayPal ^^ :)

Uska
04-17-2012, 08:15 AM
You can just tr once

Impaqt
04-17-2012, 08:26 AM

go buy a game care.

Level up your toons and TR Them.

Run in Groups with TR's or VIP's

Galeria
04-17-2012, 08:30 AM
Because for example in German language : "VIP" = "Premium" in terms of subscriptions etc.
The term "VIP" as a subscription term (sort of) just doesn't exist in this (same) sense as in the English language.

"VIP" in German language rather means = "celebrity" in English language.
Although "celebrity" can be translated into German language as "Prominenter / Prominente [person]", too.

But "VIP" as a subscription term just doesn't exist in German language. Not that I know of.

VIP in english= Very Important Person.

It has nothing to do with any type of subscription.

It's a cute euphemism/slang term that has been used for the renewal subscription model attempting to make people feel important because they pay up regularly.

So, you aren't missing anything. It means celebrity in English as well.

Not that any of that has anything to do with this thread, but hey, it's fun to debate semantics when there's nothing to add to the real topic.

http://i1072.photobucket.com/albums/w378/galeriaddo/prankster.gif

MsEricka
04-17-2012, 01:18 PM
If you want to open on anything other than Normal, then TR or go ViP.

/not signed

TheDjinnFor
04-17-2012, 02:43 PM

I'm not VIP either. I do post groups saying "for BB" and, if we don't get someone to unlock it on elite I'll fork over the 25 tp for an unlock myself, assuming I'm not x2 TR'd.