PDA

View Full Version : artificer 28pt help

rasiem
04-16-2012, 09:23 AM
Hey guys im new to the artificer and was wondering is making a 28 pt WF is worth it or not or should I start as another race? im currently trying the WF mechano build will it still be ok at higher lvls

tboner
04-16-2012, 10:12 AM
It's do-able. You need to be aiming for Improved Precise Shot, which requires 19 Dex. So start with 16 if you plan on getting a +3 tome, but probably start with 17 and get a +2. Int and Con raise to what you can, and there you go.

unbongwah
04-16-2012, 10:15 AM
I'd prefer 32-pt build so you can afford to start 8 / 16 / 16 / 18 / 6 / 6, but 28 pt should work almost as well: drop base INT to 16, put 2 pts somewhere else. As tboner said, aim to include IPS, with either a +3 DEX tome or 1 lvl-up & +2 DEX tome.

yawumpus
04-16-2012, 10:21 AM
The only issue I see is that GTHF requires a 17 strength (only base stats, level ups, and tomes count). You either go for a strength build, or choose an intelligence build and forgo GTHF (I tend to think the whole THF line isn't worth it except for barbarians (and maybe halforcs) who get extra bonuses).

I'd probably recommend 28pt repeater artificers strongly consider drow, but the mechano build isn't going to be hitting much with a repeater anyway.

rasiem
04-16-2012, 10:27 AM
im playing my wf now I dont quite understand the mechano build to be honest what wepeon should I start using I cant start with a bastard sword melee artificer just sounds like alot of fun to me but is it as strong?

yawumpus
04-16-2012, 02:43 PM
Quick note: I googled the mechano build and came up with wax on wax off's artificer melee build. If you are trying to build a melee, I don't understand the first two answers you got (other than that was my immediate reaction as well). You should be able to build a melee build at 28 pt, I just don't see the appeal in giving up what seems to be one of the artificer's big strengths (the repeater).

unbongwah
04-16-2012, 02:54 PM
Oh, whoops, didn't notice at first this was supposed to be a melee arty. :o Never played a melee arty before; you're better off asking advice in wowo's thread.