PDA

View Full Version : at least give VIP one charture slot for each class

toaf
04-15-2012, 05:26 PM
just noticed how lame it is we cant make one of each class. my guess is its just something they thought about.. so change it please give the vips a reason to stay vip. im about to just let my vip run out. and its not just because of this turbine is just getting more and more greedy, FACT 100%.

gerardIII
04-15-2012, 05:31 PM
yeah bards are overrated because all they do is swing that guitar every 6 min and they even don't have to not get into the fight because they can just sit back and watch the real players do the fighting for them in the dungeon while all of us we work hard to make things work and complete even though it is difficult but id say its not a bad thing that bards are overrated because all they do is swing that guitar every min and they even don't have to not get into the fight because they can just sit back and watch the real players do the fighting for them in the dungeon while all of us we work hard to make things work and complete even though it is difficult but id say its not a bad thing that bards are overrated because all they do is swing that guitar sometimes and they even don't have to not get into the fight because they can just sit back and watch the real players do the fighting for them in the dungeon while all of us we work hard to make things work and complete even though it is difficult.

Barazon
04-15-2012, 05:41 PM
When there were less than 10 classes, 10 character slots was great, but now that there are more than 10 classes, VIPs don't have enough room. This idea makes sense.

MsEricka
04-15-2012, 08:11 PM
Free to play = 2 slots
Premium = 4 slots
ViP = 10 slots

For a premium player to get 10 slots it would cost them 595x6 = 3570 points

Do ViP's need something more for their $15/month? Yes. Is the solution more character slots? I don't think so. Ten is plenty, and buying a few more with your monthly points isn't gonna hurt.

and its not just because of this turbine is just getting mre and more greedy, FACT 100%.

Not a fact. What is a fact is that statements like these are nothing more than poor attempts to justify why Turbine should give you everything you want for free.

Turbine is a business, and a business exists to make a profit. That doesn't mean break even, that means profit. Those profits are used to reinvest in the company, hire new employees, pay for licenses (underdark), pay dividends to shareholders who initially invested in the company etc.

If you have a problem with Turbine making money then go ahead and buy them from Warner Brothers and run it the way you want to.

Rumbaar
04-15-2012, 08:16 PM
No VIP, but I wouldn't mind this for VIP's

Also once they are hooked and upgrade to premium they'll have to spend $$ to unlock those slots. Win - win for Turbine!

Zyerz
04-15-2012, 08:16 PM
Buy a character slot. Use them free VIP monthly points. Problem solved. :D

Falco_Easts
04-15-2012, 09:04 PM
yeah bards are overrated because all they do is swing that guitar every 6 min and they even don't have to not get into the fight because they can just sit back and watch the real players do the fighting for them in the dungeon while all of us we work hard to make things work and complete even though it is difficult but id say its not a bad thing that bards are overrated because all they do is swing that guitar every min and they even don't have to not get into the fight because they can just sit back and watch the real players do the fighting for them in the dungeon while all of us we work hard to make things work and complete even though it is difficult but id say its not a bad thing that bards are overrated because all they do is swing that guitar sometimes and they even don't have to not get into the fight because they can just sit back and watch the real players do the fighting for them in the dungeon while all of us we work hard to make things work and complete even though it is difficult.

Ok I got all the red part of the giant sentence done in one breath, who can go further?

Impaqt
04-15-2012, 09:06 PM
buy more slots. theres no "need" for anyone to have one of every class. its an option...

Character slots go on sale often. Less than 500 Points (WHat we get for free every month) for a slot.

Talias006
04-15-2012, 09:07 PM

What in Khyber does this wall o' text even mean regarding the OP?

Regarding the OP in a way that can be easily understood:
I'm a VIP (too) and even though it's not possible for me to play every single class on one server, does not prevent me from trying the *new thing* on an alternate server.

If it seems like a good fit, then I can just find a less agreeable alt on my main server and re-roll/reincarnate.

While it would be cool to have one of each available on one server, it's not necessary for my gaming enjoyment.
So, in fewer words: /not signed.

dopey69
04-15-2012, 09:19 PM
Ok I got all the red part of the giant sentence done in one breath, who can go further?

i was just thinking the same

oh my godz

MartinusWyllt
04-15-2012, 09:23 PM
Um...the 500 points per month aren't "free". That's part of what paying the subscription buys.

As for more slots I'm indifferent. I just buy them with some of the TP I buy monthly as a part of my subscription...and, really, just TR some of the toons you have if you really don't want to buy slots. That'll keep you busy.

Zyerz
04-15-2012, 09:38 PM
Um...the 500 points per month aren't "free". That's part of what paying the subscription buys.

As for more slots I'm indifferent. I just buy them with some of the TP I buy monthly as a part of my subscription...and, really, just TR some of the toons you have if you really don't want to buy slots. That'll keep you busy.

Ok, following your idea, VIP pays around 84 dollars a year worth of TP (without buying any from the store, only recieving them from the VIP subscription)

Heres my theory

600 Ddostore points : $8 removing the 100 extra points would be around $7.

12 months X $7: $84

VIP Subscription is $143 a year

$143 - $84 : $59

So if I didnt want points, The yearly subscription would theoretically be, $59 dollars a year without the "free" points.

So yeah... Back in the day when it was subscription only and no ddostore, you paid around 100ish dollars a year. So yes, the turbine points are Practically Free
Why did the old price update and increase? Well, when the game went F2P, the income from the VIP's had to be higher so they could keep the game going until the F2P economy (per se) would stabilize and produce steady income.

MartinusWyllt
04-16-2012, 06:20 AM
So yes, the turbine points are Practically Free

Which is not the same as free.

Uska
04-16-2012, 06:57 AM
even though I have purchased way beyond that yes give us a base one per class

Lithic
04-16-2012, 08:04 AM
even though I have purchased way beyond that yes give us a base one per class

Give the masses 1 per class, and soon they will start asking for 1 per PrE.

Uska
04-16-2012, 08:37 AM
Give the masses 1 per class, and soon they will start asking for 1 per PrE.

:D sure why not

Hi I am Uska and I am an altoholic

DanteEnFuego
04-16-2012, 09:11 AM
Looks like Occupy Stormreach is firing up again. +1 to some for the common sense responses on how extra slots can be picked up cheap or free. I added extra slots with my monthly VIP points. I think VIP is a great deal for me and how I play...

Doesn't an extra slot cost less than the value of pots I got for my free 6 year cake?

DDO Fanboi and VIP Subscriber...

Galeria
04-16-2012, 09:20 AM
While I don't think it's something worth nerdraging over, I certainly wouldn't mind more character slots... http://i1072.photobucket.com/albums/w378/galeriaddo/nyam.gif

Cyr
04-16-2012, 11:07 AM
You can buy character slots OP.

That said, I would not object one bit to VIP having 50 character slots.

Honestly VIP is supposed to be the have it all now option, but own nothing permanently. So that to me seems reasonable.

Oh and that is coming from a premium player who owns it all and has no interest at all in ever being a VIP again.

Gkar
04-16-2012, 11:07 AM
When there were less than 10 classes, 10 character slots was great, but now that there are more than 10 classes, VIPs don't have enough room. This idea makes sense.

*chuckles*

Hey, anyone else remember 4 free slots that you could increase to 6 with 1750 favor?

What we asked for...no BEGGED for, at the time was the ability to BUY more slots. And that's what they gave us, along with a bunch more free spots. While there are things I think VIPs should get to make it worth a VIP sub, I think that's one area where they got the balance quite reasonable.

Tshober
05-27-2012, 04:58 PM
There are other servers if you want to try out a class and see how it plays.

LOL. I remember another big name MMO I tried out when it first launched, you could only make 4 characters per account. Not per server, PER ACCOUNT, and that was IF you paid a monthly subscription! Now that's a character slot restriction to be proud of!! To make 1 character of each class in that game you would have needed to subscribe 4 times!! Needless to say I told them to shove it. Greedy **** like that is why WoW was so easily able to take the MMO market away from them. (Yes, probably too much of a hint about who it was but hey.)

twiliteslayer02
05-27-2012, 05:21 PM
although one for every class would be overkill, I do think that its a bit much to make them cost as much as they do. I am one who suffers form altoholic tendencies and a small cost of expanding keeps this somewhat in check. but for the truly afflicted it almost always causes extreme boredom.

the having to go from server to server and almost always adjust to new friends and serverwide policies can make it a game ending killer.

In all honesty, I think a time spent equals more character slots with the option to buy at the current price would solve the issue.
say one new slot every year, plus more IF you want to pay for them.

not perfect but something to think about, that or a new slot every time they bring a new race or class , which makes more sense imo.