PDA

View Full Version : Change to /roll command

Kinnel01
04-13-2012, 10:01 AM
I think it would be a nice feature if a notes field was added to the /roll command.

As it stands, /roll XdY rolls a Y-sided die X times and displays the sum.

I would like to see /roll XdY <note> implimented. The note string would be displayed after the result of my roll.

This way, if someone calls out "roll d100 for some widget", followed by someone else saying "Roll for some gadget", I can type in "/roll d100 widget", and it will be clear what I am rolling for.

TheDjinnFor
04-14-2012, 03:51 AM
I think it would be a nice feature if a notes field was added to the /roll command.

As it stands, /roll XdY rolls a Y-sided die X times and displays the sum.

I would like to see /roll XdY <note> implimented. The note string would be displayed after the result of my roll.

This way, if someone calls out "roll d100 for some widget", followed by someone else saying "Roll for some gadget", I can type in "/roll d100 widget", and it will be clear what I am rolling for.

Well somebody's a business graduate. Don't think I've seen the words "widget" and "gadget" used to represent variable nouns in a long time...

Anyways, not a bad idea. Although, in all honesty, my experience is that players usually say "d123 for widget" and "d777 for gadget" if there's any chance of conflict.

Morlen
04-14-2012, 05:23 AM
Good concept, and wouldn't mind seeing it happen. However, as TheDjinnFor said this problem is usually already avoided by the person putting up the roll stating what type of die to roll for an individual item. Basically, not a huge priority if it's going to be a problem to change. ^_^

Aurora1979
04-14-2012, 05:29 AM
Yea I think, as those guys said, its easier to just type what you are rolling for. Although....

You know when someone links an item and it comes up white in the chat box, you can click it and see the item?

How about if I type in Roll d123 for widget, that then comes up as a clickable link which, for everyone that clicks it it will auto roll for that item..... If that makes sense.

Might be a bit hard to code though, I dunno.