PDA

View Full Version : Who or What Killed Me?

ArronBW
04-12-2012, 10:55 PM
So I have this interesting problem and i would like help.

I was in a certain quest [or raid] and something kill me one or more times.

And I don't know what or who killed me.

Please post your best guess.

http://img26.imageshack.us/img26/2990/screenshot00020vq.jpg

For clarification, I am at 100214 damage below 0 hp. (-24323%)

1000k plat to the person who brings the evil creature to me dead that caused this pain.

By the way in that picture I was not wearing any of my gear.

Best wishes,

Nyreb.

Krelar
04-12-2012, 11:01 PM
I'm going to guess someone put a bomb on top of the chest you were trying to loot when you weren't looking. :D

Simplesimon1979
04-12-2012, 11:09 PM
I've seen hp like that from fall lag. Game lags and slams you down with the force of an atomic bomb.

As the other post said. Those bombs that get placed in undermind do a ton of damage too.

Myrddinman
04-12-2012, 11:17 PM
As the other post said. Those bombs that get placed in undermind do a ton of damage too.

This is my guest as well. I stood too close to one of those bombs once, thinking "Heh, I have evasion"

...right :rolleyes:

ArronBW
04-12-2012, 11:17 PM
I am not going to be giving very many hints, but one is that it was not from lag.

That is all I will say.

BitkaCK2
04-13-2012, 12:10 AM
Carrying Undermine bombs during final boss fight did that to my friend. T'was very funny.

bitkaCK2

ArronBW
04-13-2012, 01:21 AM
Carrying Undermine bombs during final boss fight did that to my friend. T'was very funny.

bitkaCK2

Sadly it was not in Undermine. it was else where.

Vellrad
04-13-2012, 01:26 AM
Well, shroud is the only answer.
Blades of course.

Flavilandile
04-13-2012, 01:46 AM
in Blown to Bits... Bomber-Warforged drops bombs that deals a huge amount of damage...

And from time to time he drops several on top of one another... when they all blow at the same time damages stacks to incredible numbers.

whitehawk74
04-13-2012, 01:46 AM
Red Crystals from the challenges blew up on you?

Senator
04-13-2012, 04:21 AM
Colonel Mustard....

In the Conservatory....

With the Candlestick.......

voodoogroves
04-13-2012, 06:51 AM
Betty White

... in Rushmoore's Palace

... with a ham

Bekki
04-13-2012, 07:03 AM
The Aincient Docent from the bottom of Prison of the planes.

Sarisa
04-13-2012, 07:12 AM
I'd guess Blown to Bits. The bomber can do upwards of 2k damage per bomb normally, and if Flavilandile was right that the Bomber can stack them (glitch?), could add up to insane damage like that.

Possibly the Abbot water, or that glitched section of Shavarath lava in the first part of ToD.

The Aincient Docent from the bottom of Prison of the planes.

Last time I tried that, it just set you to -10 like a standard death spell or effect. Divine Intervention also doesn't work on it, while it does on many other death effects like the laser and pillars in Titan.

EatSmart
04-13-2012, 07:13 AM
you can stack damage from the vision of destruction spikes by using the res shrine from inside the spikes. Works in a few other places too.

Grieve
04-13-2012, 08:38 AM
Well, technically, I believe one is able to continue taking falling damage, possibly other sources as well, after death so with enough patience one could replicate that value by dying near a high ledge and continually falling and hitting the ground until they reach that value.

Just saying.

Anyways, my guess would be the Dragon that kills you if you get the riddle wrong in Litany of the Dead.

Sarisa
04-13-2012, 09:52 AM
Anyways, my guess would be the Dragon that kills you if you get the riddle wrong in Litany of the Dead.

That's a -10 HP one too, unfortunately. I need to check DI with that one.

Bekki
04-13-2012, 09:58 AM
I'd guess Blown to Bits. The bomber can do upwards of 2k damage per bomb normally, and if Flavilandile was right that the Bomber can stack them (glitch?), could add up to insane damage like that.

Possibly the Abbot water, or that glitched section of Shavarath lava in the first part of ToD.

Last time I tried that, it just set you to -10 like a standard death spell or effect. Divine Intervention also doesn't work on it, while it does on many other death effects like the laser and pillars in Titan.

Awwww.... They changed it then.... :(

Back when I had that joke played on me, I hit me for like 10,000hp...
I was like "Holy S*** !!! Whadaheck happened!?" :p

It was one of the funniest moments of my gaming career. :D

The whole party was roaring with laughter, because they knew exactly what I'd did...
My sister (between fits of laughter...) goes "You picked up the docent didn't you...)

Me: "Uhhh... Yeah. :o it was just lying there... I thought someone missed it."
While she was afk one of our friends had said "Anyone get the Docent..." :p

Whoops. :D

ulticleo
04-13-2012, 10:15 AM
my guess are the crystals in mired in kobold end fight

ArronBW
04-13-2012, 10:49 AM
you can stack damage from the vision of destruction spikes by using the res shrine from inside the spikes. Works in a few other places too.

EatSmart wins. :D

I have see numbers high from Blown to Bits and Undermine if two things go off at once but I don't think as high as in Vod.

NostalithilDarkstar
04-13-2012, 01:26 PM
i got this in a challenge but could happen anywhere.

i died next to a rez shrine but there was blade barrier all over the place, could not raise cause the blades damages me before healing. Result, my hit points droped like 300-400 per raise.

i clicked multiple time just to laugh and make my wife look at my hp. It cost me a fortune of repair lol.

Zyerz
04-13-2012, 01:28 PM
Bomb charges on elite, either Undermine, or Blown To bits.

Or my personal favourite... VOD spikes and ress shrine.

Bacab
04-13-2012, 01:34 PM
The Ice Flenser in Misery's Peak.

*and*

No ship buffs

*and*

not a TR

*and*

Probably did not have enough build points into CON

*and*

Possibly drow

Orratti
04-13-2012, 02:16 PM
Most recent time I've died from out of nowhere was from dog puke in LoB. I died several time from that and had no idea where it was coming from as I saw nothing damaging approach me and all of the aggro (I thought) was too far away to attack.

Had to look that one up in the combat log and get where it came from explained to me.

EnjoyTheJourney
04-14-2012, 04:02 PM
That's the kind of damage that comes about when a kobold miner in Crystal Cove swings at a critter that was attacking him, and he accidentally hits your character instead.

Either that or what happened to your character is the same thing that happens to anybody who watches too many hours of C-Span in a row, without a break; every system in your body spontaneously shuts down from the sudden onset of "severe boredom toxicity syndrome."

Belduroz
05-04-2012, 01:05 AM
My guess for the death: Velah stacked her fire breath debuff on you (not sure if you get the debuff on saves) and after a couple of 20s you didn't save anymore :D

Dagolar
05-04-2012, 02:02 AM
Gnomish invention.
Forgetting to feed your companion pet.
Wearing only tainted items.
Being bound in Siberys, and falling down to Eberron.
Ticking off a GM.
Ticking off a GM's spouse.
Condensed kobold hate.

the613
05-08-2012, 12:25 PM
I resent the gnome comment! Our inventions work perfectly!

Ilindith
05-08-2012, 12:31 PM

1000k plat to the person who brings the evil creature to me dead that caused this pain.

Best wishes,

Nyreb.

My guess is that you accidently your whole HP.

Zapho
05-13-2012, 10:36 AM

Best wishes,

Nyreb.

Afriend of mine have been getting insane falling dmg a couple times lately, so thats most like what happened to you as well.

Thanquil
05-16-2012, 05:03 PM
wow how is that even possible?

TazMan098
06-23-2012, 04:05 PM

Best wishes,

Nyreb.

I know what it is: You were in the Abbot raid with +404error+ and he cast immortality on you, then you jumped into the doom water and stayed there. Am I right? :P

ZJEPane
06-25-2012, 06:34 AM
I know what it is: You were in the Abbot raid with +404error+ and he cast immortality on you, then you jumped into the doom water and stayed there. Am I right? :P

Hehe. Had the same fun with +Kookie+ in LoB/M.Arti. Good times :D