PDA

View Full Version : Falling Damage

Frotz
04-12-2012, 11:45 AM
I got two red numbers when I hit the ground after a fall, but I think I bounced off the slope just before the ground (bypassing the stairs from the marketplace gate down to the WW entrance). Don't know if that's new update behavior/bug or not. I tried various sliding down slops to avoid damage and sometimes got damage (just one number) where I think before I wouldn't, but then elsewhere slope-sliding worked just fine, and I never got two damage numbers again either. *shrug* Just something to look at maybe, if you know the previous behavior for sure. :)

Missing_Minds
04-12-2012, 11:57 AM
I hate to say this, but that may be correct behavior now. Deff worth asking about.

It always struck me as odd I could go sliding super freaking fast and not take damage at all, but jumping and I always took damage even if it was for a smaller distance.

Crann
04-12-2012, 12:05 PM
Hopefully this is a result of the new physics engine.....can't wait to test out Coal. Chamber :)

Missing_Minds
04-12-2012, 12:15 PM
Hopefully this is a result of the new physics engine.....can't wait to test out Coal. Chamber :)

Coal chamber and 45 degree bouncing BS. Which you can run into the same issues in the Dreaming Dark solo.

Frotz
04-12-2012, 12:29 PM
I hate to say this, but that may be correct behavior now. Deff worth asking about.

Yeah, if it weren't for the note on backend physics changes I would have just assumed I was screwing up on the sliding. I could still slide other slopes without damage, but some of other slopes I can't really tell if what I did would have produced damage before or not, or if I just didn't do it right.

MrkGrismer
04-12-2012, 02:24 PM
There is a couple of spots in the Giant's Vault I want to check as well..

.. just a few more hours...

Crann
04-13-2012, 07:34 PM
Coal chamber and 45 degree bouncing BS. Which you can run into the same issues in the Dreaming Dark solo.

Still there :(

New physics engine really gave me hope for some of the quests where they tried making ddo a platform game...that hope is now dashed.