PDA

View Full Version : It's a Party! A Lamannia Party!

Produktion_Malphunktion
04-10-2012, 02:02 PM
Lamannia Party!

Hey folks! For the next three weeks we are going to be running a community party on Lamannia! From Thursday April 12th, through April 28th we will be having events on Lamannia! You personally can win 250 Turbine Points once a day, just for showing up! That’s right! Every day, for just for coming to Lamannia you can win Turbine Points. If you win every day for a week that is 1750 Turbine Points! Not a bad deal eh?

Why are we doing this? Well, we updated some of the backend of the game, including the physics engine. What does this mean…well…everything will be better of course! But…that also means we need to monitor the performance of these changes with “normal” player behavior. There had to be a catch right?

What we are looking for is anything out of the ordinary, traps not trapping, moving platforms not moving, animations broken on monsters, spells not working or looking weird, bosses not being bossy, and anything else that is out of the ordinary or looks weird when you play YOUR character. These backend systems touch a broad range of features in DDO-the guts of the game so to speak.

So here is how we will be focusing on the feedback:

Every two days we will look at a region. There will be Devs/OCR or QA kobolds around every other day to hand out loot, levels and whatnot to make your questing easier.

So come join us! Have some fun, get some free prizes and hang out with the creators of DDO! Help us get the universe ready for the Forgotten Realms!

KookieKobold
04-10-2012, 02:10 PM
Woooooo, Party!

I'll be there with my best and shiniest crystals.

Dev Events for this week - all times are Eastern (GMT-4)

4/16 - 5pm to 8pm in House K and House J

4/18 - 7pm to 10pm in Upper/Lower Necro and Ataraxia's Haven

4/20 - 10am to 1pm in the Twelve, Meridia, and Lordsmarch Plaza
__________________________________________________ _________________

More Events!

4/23 - 5pm to 8pm in Amrath, House Cannith, and the Inspired Quarter

4/25 - 10am to 1pm Everywhere for miscellaneous raids

We'll see you there!

sacredguyver
04-10-2012, 02:14 PM
Sounds awesome and fun, Maj & Kookie.

I know people are going to ask, so I'll do so first: Will we/Can we get a Character Wipe before the party starts? :)

Produktion_Malphunktion
04-10-2012, 02:15 PM
Why yes you can!

Krelar
04-10-2012, 02:44 PM
Lamannia Party!

Hey folks! For the next three weeks we are going to be running a community party on Lamannia! From Thursday April 12th, through April 28th we will be having events on Lamannia! You personally can win 250 Turbine Points once a day, just for showing up! That’s right! Every day, for just for coming to Lamannia you can win Turbine Points. If you win every day for a week that is 1750 Turbine Points! Not a bad deal eh?

Do I have to show up at a dev event or just anytime during the day?

Coldin
04-10-2012, 02:45 PM
How big of a change to the back-end of the engine of the game are we talking about anyway? Sounds like anything and everything can happen. :)

le_goat
04-10-2012, 04:44 PM
will there be cake?

Theris
04-10-2012, 04:53 PM
Hooray! I'll copy my characters over right now!

Doh! Four of the five of them just failed transfer. *sad*

Buttkierownsmade
04-10-2012, 04:54 PM
Woohhoooo!!! Last one there is a rotten egg!!!

Tiberian99
04-10-2012, 07:46 PM
If we win tp will it be for live or lamannia?

I asked because someone will probably ask the same thing.

sacredguyver
04-10-2012, 08:08 PM
If we win tp will it be for live or lamannia?

I asked because someone will probably ask the same thing.
Already answered in another thread: it's TP for Live servers, not Lamannia.

Cetus
04-10-2012, 08:26 PM
Lamannia Party!

Why are we doing this? Well, we updated some of the backend of the game, including the physics engine. What does this mean…well…everything will be better of course! But…that also means we need to monitor the performance of these changes with “normal” player behavior. There had to be a catch right?

What we are looking for is anything out of the ordinary, traps not trapping, moving platforms not moving, animations broken on monsters, spells not working or looking weird, bosses not being bossy, and anything else that is out of the ordinary or looks weird when you play YOUR character. These backend systems touch a broad range of features in DDO-the guts of the game so to speak.

So here is how we will be focusing on the feedback:

Every two days we will look at a region. There will be Devs/OCR or QA kobolds around every other day to hand out loot, levels and whatnot to make your questing easier.

So come join us! Have some fun, get some free prizes and hang out with the creators of DDO! Help us get the universe ready for the Forgotten Realms!

So just to be absolutely crystal clear-

I have a 16*250 = 4000 tp incentive to be on everyday on lamannia from the 12th to the 28th to make sure that the game is operating smoothly?

Is there a length of time or some task I need to perform during my time on in order to, in fact, receive the points?

Produktion_Malphunktion
04-10-2012, 08:46 PM
So just to be absolutely crystal clear-

I have a 16*250 = 4000 tp incentive to be on everyday on lamannia from the 12th to the 28th to make sure that the game is operating smoothly?

Is there a length of time or some task I need to perform during my time on in order to, in fact, receive the points?

To be clear you have a chance of getting points. There will be multiple winners every day, I have many many codes at my disposal, I plan on having none at the end of the month.
And no, just showing up is all that is required, but we would love it if you did things. Anything really.

Bozone
04-10-2012, 08:54 PM
Do we wait until after Thursday to download Lam, or can we download it tonight?

badbob117
04-10-2012, 09:02 PM
Cool, Lamaland should be jumpin this weekend. Will try to log on and mess around to see all the tweaks you guys made.

Will cross my fingers n hope my toons make it over. I have exceptionally bad luck when it comes to failed character copies for some reason! X0.0X

Cya this weekend!

Buttkierownsmade
04-10-2012, 10:16 PM
What time exactly will you be wiping the server???

Cetus
04-10-2012, 10:54 PM
To be clear you have a chance of getting points. There will be multiple winners every day, I have many many codes at my disposal, I plan on having none at the end of the month.
And no, just showing up is all that is required, but we would love it if you did things. Anything really.

ah! I see now

Thanks for clarifying!

Coldin
04-11-2012, 12:36 AM

I'm planning on playing with air jets. :)

Flavilandile
04-11-2012, 02:15 AM
<Kobold voice on>
Oooh !! Party !!
<Kobold voice off>

Will there be European Compatible Party Times ?

Entimix
04-11-2012, 08:58 AM
Aw great, complete character copy fail >.<

...ok, not quite complete. Copied one as a test - fine. Copied main batch of three - all failed. Copied one more for the last slot to re-try - worked. Pity it was the characters in the middle block that I cared about. :(

Starchild09
04-11-2012, 11:28 AM
I could have SWORN we were told we'd get a character wipe for the event, and when I go to transfer characters it still displays your EPIC fails of not transferring the last batch of characters who had NEVER been on Lamannia! Beginning to smell alot of rat dung in the dev offices!

Krelar
04-11-2012, 11:57 AM
I could have SWORN we were told we'd get a character wipe for the event, and when I go to transfer characters it still displays your EPIC fails of not transferring the last batch of characters who had NEVER been on Lamannia! Beginning to smell alot of rat dung in the dev offices!

Events don't start till Thursday, they haven't wiped the server yet.

It is not on Lamannia yet.
We haven't decided if we will auto grant them, or do a mail. Probably a mail so if you are nice and stuff you could give them to your friend, mom or cat if you wanted to.
That is up to kookie and 404. If it is me, you are getting random :)
Sometimes the character copy gets munged and needs a kick in the teeth. We will make sure that happens Thursday when we wipe and update the server.

Purgatory
04-11-2012, 04:30 PM
Is there going to be plans for anouther wipe after this party? Or is this wipe going to be for the 12th only with no future set plans on anouther wipe any time soon? Also is Lamannia going to continue to be up after this party?

Was planning on holding this years Congo Bowl II on Lamannia so any information would be appreciated.

If your not sure what Congo Bowl is you can click on my sig to see what last years event was all about.

thank you.

Momsboys
04-11-2012, 07:55 PM
Well wish i could make it evreyday..... but i dont get done with school till 4pm central....

Produktion_Malphunktion
04-11-2012, 07:59 PM
Is there going to be plans for anouther wipe after this party? Or is this wipe going to be for the 12th only with no future set plans on anouther wipe any time soon? Also is Lamannia going to continue to be up after this party?

Was planning on holding this years Congo Bowl II on Lamannia so any information would be appreciated.

If your not sure what Congo Bowl is you can click on my sig to see what last years event was all about.

thank you.

After this month long event, Lamma will be wiped, and not open to the public for a while.

Starchild09
04-11-2012, 11:15 PM
Will this version of Lamannia also have the preview of the new Enhancement system or will it just be a character wipe?

Wraith_Sarevok
04-12-2012, 02:17 AM
I'll be there to test things for you to the best of my ability.

But mainly am coming for Turbine Points!

Zyerz
04-12-2012, 02:24 AM
After this month long event, Lamma will be wiped, and not open to the public for a while.

Ooooo that means....... :eek: The beta is coming soon!

ohioorbs
04-12-2012, 09:32 AM
ok will we have to download a new verison of lamannia? i was just on there and lost connection and can't get back on.

MrkGrismer
04-12-2012, 09:35 AM
Any news on when this starts today?

jsoares.alex
04-12-2012, 09:42 AM
lammania the down again. what is happening? the event has not started yet? and has already been decided how the points will be delivered?

junior_w
04-12-2012, 09:48 AM
lammania the down again. what is happening? the event has not started yet? and has already been decided how the points will be delivered?

They must be updating the server with the new engine.

Sybok07
04-12-2012, 10:15 AM
character copy is a joke. i've been playing for years and i've never had it work. all my toons are "archived" and don't show up as being active.

Theris
04-12-2012, 12:15 PM
Has the party started?!

http://www.ddocast.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/04/LamanniaParty.png

die
04-12-2012, 12:21 PM
I would still like too know how too have lamania on my computer and stillbe able tooplay live ddo.

I tryed it a few yrs back and could not access to the live game so i just uninstalled.

Laprion
04-12-2012, 01:22 PM
I would still like too know how too have lamania on my computer and stillbe able tooplay live ddo.

I tryed it a few yrs back and could not access to the live game so i just uninstalled.

make sure it in a different directory and should be fine it does everythnig else for u now

der_kluge
04-12-2012, 02:24 PM
Where do we go to copy character(s) to Lamma?

junior_w
04-12-2012, 02:50 PM
Where do we go to copy character(s) to Lamma?

http://my.ddo.com/charactercopy

Zess-wolf
04-12-2012, 03:36 PM
Just a question, the TP will be given away during events? or just by logging i have a chance to win? cause due to university i´m quite limited on my play time...

zess

cdbd3rd
04-12-2012, 04:24 PM
... but we would love it if you did things. Anything really.

That's a trick. It's partly how I wound up in my third marriage. :eek:

:p

Ziindarax
04-12-2012, 05:51 PM
So far, I've gotten an epic envenomed cloak, epic red dragon docent, and a BOAT LOAD of greensteel materials, including cleansing essences and shards. More to come as event progresses.

Ziindarax
04-12-2012, 06:45 PM
Just got epic sword of shadows and other goodies! Dev event is epic!

Taojeff
04-12-2012, 07:32 PM
I got epic white dragon robe. (try to get a pic tomorrow).

Shield 3x Armor 7, heavy fort, prot 5 super cold resist, empty blue

whole echrono set
and an epic sos

NexEverto
04-12-2012, 07:33 PM

Anything? Really? Really!?

So spamming you with tells saying 'Hai!' over and over would be acceptable?

No? You really should be more specific if you know I'm going to be around. :p

Ziindarax
04-12-2012, 08:07 PM
How long would it take for winners to receive their codes?

Therrias
04-12-2012, 08:27 PM
Where do we give feedback about odd things happening? bug report?

KookieKobold
04-12-2012, 10:18 PM
Where do we give feedback about odd things happening? bug report?

Toss in a bug report and if that goes awry, you can always fall back on the bug report forum!

Cauthey
04-13-2012, 10:27 AM
I missed out on the gear goodies, but at least I did get some XP to burn through.

Galeria
04-13-2012, 10:40 AM
So much fun, I love it when you guys spawn bosses in public areas! Looking forward to the next event.

Theris
04-13-2012, 12:37 PM
I had tons of fun! Many thanks to MajMal, 404, and HelpImOnFire! :)

I made a guild for DDOcast listeners, fans, and contributors alike. And If I can get the recording right, Sig and I may do some on the spot Lamannia interviews and/or broadcast on Twitch.tv with other players! Maybe even record an episode right on Lamannia! :)

If you're online look for me as Anne (yeah, original character name :P), Theris, Anastaizie, Emmawone, or Annala.

Sig will be on as Gabraizar, Seablade, Kurzun, Valectrix, or Fuzgut!

I'm hoping other DDOcast segment producers will be on as well, such as Ecgric and Rheebus. :)

cdbd3rd
04-13-2012, 12:54 PM
I had tons of fun! Many thanks to MajMal, 404, Kookie, Tankard, and HelpImOnFire! :)

ftfy.

;)

Time to do some research so I know what to ask for today.

http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=328899

:cool:

jkm13
04-13-2012, 06:55 PM
Well, I knew what I wanted and I was all psyched, especially once I heard that I'd get an opportunity to use the new items (ESOS for my THF Pally!) in the harbor afterward.

I spend an hour spam-clicking to trade with 404error (which seemed like an odd way to do things, but he kept saying that was what he wanted). The end result? After an actual hour (6:30pm to 7:30pm) - not only did he never trade with me, he killed all the characters around him and headed off towards the harbor event.

Needless to say, I didn't go play in the harbor.

What an effective way to sour a player on the game.

/edit: and as you can see from my post count, although I've been playing this game (and paying for this game) for many years, this is the first time something has struck me as so egregious that I wanted to post about it.

Ziindarax
04-13-2012, 07:25 PM
Well, I knew what I wanted and I was all psyched, especially once I heard that I'd get an opportunity to use the new items (ESOS for my THF Pally!) in the harbor afterward.

I spend an hour spam-clicking to trade with 404error (which seemed like an odd way to do things, but he kept saying that was what he wanted). The end result? After an actual hour (6:30pm to 7:30pm) - not only did he never trade with me, he killed all the characters around him and headed off towards the harbor event.

Needless to say, I didn't go play in the harbor.

What an effective way to sour a player on the game.

/edit: and as you can see from my post count, although I've been playing this game (and paying for this game) for many years, this is the first time something has struck me as so egregious that I wanted to post about it.

You are aware that Kookiekobold and some other admins were also doing the trade for epics, no?

If not, consider standing in their line (today, at least with an admin named +muon). :)

Saaluta
04-13-2012, 07:29 PM
Super fun devs, tyvm :)

Saal :)

~Cereals_Alt
04-13-2012, 07:31 PM
http://i273.photobucket.com/albums/jj230/lkenneth6/ScreenShot00004.jpg

Awesome way to end the day ! Thanks Devs !

Dark_Helmet
04-13-2012, 07:47 PM
Woooooo, Party!

Also, Reserving for specifics in the not too distant future.

You know you are my favorite ;)

Revolt

jkm13
04-13-2012, 08:05 PM
You are aware that Kookiekobold and some other admins were also doing the trade for epics, no?

If not, consider standing in their line (today, at least with an admin named +muon). :)

Well, once I picked the house to work on, I figured I should stick with it. I guess I'll avoid 404error in the future. I interacted with Kookiekobold last night and it turned out differently - not only did I get a reward but I didn't get killed. Bonus? :)

quickgrif
04-13-2012, 10:14 PM
Yup did not get a single item but it was fun.
http://i231.photobucket.com/albums/ee169/Quickgrif/ScreenShot00044-2.jpg

Rheebus
04-14-2012, 06:16 AM
I had tons of fun! Many thanks to MajMal, 404, and HelpImOnFire! :)

I made a guild for DDOcast listeners, fans, and contributors alike. And If I can get the recording right, Sig and I may do some on the spot Lamannia interviews and/or broadcast on Twitch.tv with other players! Maybe even record an episode right on Lamannia! :)

If you're online look for me as Anne (yeah, original character name :P), Theris, Anastaizie, Emmawone, or Annala.

Sig will be on as Gabraizar, Seablade, Kurzun, Valectrix, or Fuzgut!

I'm hoping other DDOcast segment producers will be on as well, such as Ecgric and Rheebus. :)

I will be playing some Sat morning. Hope to see a few others on as well.

crislez
04-14-2012, 11:37 AM
so when comeback the event today?

Alrik_Fassbauer
04-14-2012, 03:37 PM
Too bad I couldn't participate. Role-playing pen & paper group ...

LazyTigerLily
04-14-2012, 04:58 PM
Hey Dev (Devly :p ) types, is it possible to do a tentative announcement for the next event on Lamannia? Either that or open a thread with day/expected start time/area for each expected event. People are showing up today thinking today will be be the second event since it is supposed to be every other day and the first event was on Thursday. Many of us saw this ( http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?&postid=4404732#post4404732 ) announcement that the next event was to be on Friday. I also think people aren't sure which thread to check this one or http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=368701 for date/time announcements.
-Cheers!

Nessann
04-14-2012, 05:00 PM
Ok, is there going to be fun in Lamannia or is it only during the week? Hope not weekends are more free.....

stricq
04-14-2012, 06:38 PM
Hey Dev (Devly :p ) types, is it possible to do a tentative announcement for the next event on Lamannia? Either that or open a thread with day/expected start time/area for each expected event. People are showing up today thinking today will be be the second event since it is supposed to be every other day and the first event was on Thursday. Many of us saw this ( http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?&postid=4404732#post4404732 ) announcement that the next event was to be on Friday. I also think people aren't sure which thread to check this one or http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=368701 for date/time announcements.
-Cheers!

Yeah, what's going on, been waiting all day and nothing! Last I checked, today is a day of the week and, if my math is right, 14 falls between 12 and 28.

Sleepsalot
04-14-2012, 06:45 PM
If you read this you may know what and when things are happening.. http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=368910

Sleeps :D :) :D

stricq
04-14-2012, 06:51 PM
If you read this you may know what and when things are happening.. http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=368910

That thread does not contradict this thread. This thread says "every day", that thread sets up times for Thursday and Friday. It says nothing about there not being anything going on today. Which this thread very distinctly says there will be.

So, obviously, the devs have no idea what each other is saying.

stricq
04-14-2012, 06:53 PM
Ok, is there going to be fun in Lamannia or is it only during the week? Hope not weekends are more free.....

Yeah, hope not. I was prepared for today, but the devs obviously mislead us. As long as they continue those east coast only times it won't be possible for me to participate.

Sleepsalot
04-14-2012, 07:04 PM
Sorry to say it does help to read every word. It is very clearly posted.

That thread does not contradict this thread. This thread says "every day", that thread sets up times for Thursday and Friday. It says nothing about there not being anything going on today. Which this thread very distinctly says there will be.

So, obviously, the devs have no idea what each other is saying.

Purgatory
04-14-2012, 07:45 PM
Sorry to say it does help to read every word. It is very clearly posted.

What read? i thought this was a game...

Sleepsalot
04-14-2012, 08:21 PM
LoL ya I know I hate it my self but some just don't get it then want to seem to argue.. LoL

What read? i thought this was a game...

Purgatory
04-14-2012, 08:44 PM
LoL ya I know I hate it my self but some just don't get it then want to seem to argue.. LoL

Ya its a real talant to be able to argue about something they know nothing about lol

Alrik_Fassbauer
04-15-2012, 04:10 AM
I understand if the developers want to have a free weekend.

Everyone who works all day long should have a free weekend.

THAC0
04-15-2012, 07:51 PM
Yeah, hope not. I was prepared for today, but the Devs obviously mislead us. As long as they continue those east coast only times it won't be possible for me to participate.

Same. They need to set a schedule for weekdays. Weekends, I get...everyone needs a break. :) All the Devs are aware a planned schedule and take into consideration non-Boston, MA players.

I'm in California for example. I got friends in Australia that try too, and miss out. Somewhat frustrating.

My 2 cents.

Alrik_Fassbauer
04-16-2012, 03:26 AM
I'm living in Europe and just cannot stay awake during all night long local time, which would be afternoon to evening in the NA timezones.

Tip (for both users & devs) : MS Time Zone - a tiny but neat program : http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/details.aspx?DisplayLang=en&id=25166

NexEverto
04-16-2012, 04:42 AM
Woooooo, Party!

Also, Reserving for specifics in the not too distant future.

Kookie! When are we getting this specifics you mentioned? :D I'm trying to plan some time to get on Lama Land and maybe win some points but my psychic skills are lacking, as I think most of the player bases are. :p

Shr plz! :D

Shr crystals 2 plz! :p

sisyn
04-16-2012, 08:51 AM
How do you get the Turbine Points? I know, just by showing up you are eligible... But, how do you KNOW you have them? Is there a code handed to you? Is a code sent to your e-mail / in-game mail? The added points just shows up?

Thanks!

KookieKobold
04-16-2012, 10:33 AM
Some specifics have been posted!

In addition to the specific times, we may be on at random times throughout the days

ladypummel
04-16-2012, 10:41 AM
From ---- I wanna rock and roll all night and party everday
to------ I wanna rock and roll all night and party ever other day ?

Must be a age thing i would think

Alrik_Fassbauer
04-16-2012, 11:47 AM
Thank you for the update !

cdbd3rd
04-16-2012, 12:17 PM
From ---- I wanna rock and roll all night and party everday
to------ I wanna rock and roll all night and party ever other day ?

Must be a age thing i would think

/Waves cane in an unfortunately non-threatening manner...

You'll understand some day!

Blasted whippersnappers. :p
Now Get Off Ma Lawn! -- soon as ya finish mowing it. :o

MrkGrismer
04-16-2012, 01:16 PM

In addition to the specific times, we may be on at random times throughout the days

... and for those not interested in scavenger hunting, I believe these are what he is referring to here:

Woooooo, Party!

More to come!

LazyTigerLily
04-16-2012, 01:23 PM
Woooooo, Party!

More to come!

Yay, thank you Kookie!!!

TorGrimorde
04-16-2012, 03:24 PM
Woooooo, Party!

More to come!

Um.....my phone may be wrong of course, but I think it's GMT -5, rather than -4. Since It's 9.20PM in the UK and there's no one here.... :-( Oh well maybe I'll catch it another time

Sleepsalot
04-16-2012, 03:41 PM
Maybe but your post here says 4:24 est now is 4:44 est 15 more mins..

Um.....my phone may be wrong of course, but I think it's GMT -5, rather than -4. Since It's 9.20PM in the UK and there's no one here.... :-( Oh well maybe I'll catch it another time

NexEverto
04-16-2012, 05:33 PM

Thanks Kookie! Your awesome! I'll make sure to send you my best jar of Kobold Butter. Or would you prefer some new barrels? :D

Shinjiteru
04-16-2012, 06:04 PM
@TorGrimorde: Yeah, that's always an issue when they switch to DST. They always start 2 weeks before europe and most europeans forget that they have to +1 to their usual GMT zone while using DST. It's a bit confusing since nearly every country using GMT switches to DST at the same time and you don't notice this change of time zone switch unless you start a time zone 'conversion' or go to a country using GMT which doesn't switch to DST.

jamestheman
04-16-2012, 06:12 PM
I attended tonights event, when should I see the points in my Live account?
Was I suppose to be there all night?

lordpummel1-1
04-16-2012, 07:06 PM
Just went to my first event had a blast ! looking forward to the others thanks guys!

Alrik_Fassbauer
04-17-2012, 06:05 AM
I want to thank everyone ... This was the very first event I've ever had in an online game (with DDO being my very first online game anyway.

Plus I want to apologize @KookieKobold for me being somewhat confused - the new Bow is great ! :)

If there was a function here to attach screenshots, I'd do so.

MartinusWyllt
04-17-2012, 06:08 AM
I attended tonights event, when should I see the points in my Live account?
Was I suppose to be there all night?

It is a chance for live points, not a guarantee.

Alrik_Fassbauer
04-17-2012, 06:09 AM
Right. And tne word "win" was involved, too.

But I still understand the conditions when this happens. I almost assume it's the challenges within these events.

NexEverto
04-17-2012, 06:10 AM
The new Bow is great ! :)

Ooo, what bow is that? :D

Yes, out of your whole post, that's all I got. :p

Alrik_Fassbauer
04-17-2012, 06:24 AM
I traded in a +2 Adamantine chain mail (I wish I had found that on Khyber !), and since KookieKobold and other devs gave out epic items in exchange for items, it was an epic bow. :)

404error
04-17-2012, 09:10 AM
To everyone who has come out to one of our events this is for you:
http://www.topcultured.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/10/internet-high-five.jpg

Cauthey
04-17-2012, 10:03 AM
I feel like I missed out, mostly. This was due to me having a week from hell at work last week.

Will there be any more dev events to look forward to this week?

Thanks guys! :)

DocBenway
04-17-2012, 12:56 PM
...snip...

You were kind enough to boost my monk's crafting levels to 150 and raise my guild level to 100, but I didn't get the button on the mailbox to invite the other characters I transferred, who actually wear the slotted gear, into the guild. :p

Is the missing button due to the sudden jump from 2 to 100? I tried porting between K and J where stuff was happening, and then relogged but it did not appear.

quickgrif
04-17-2012, 01:25 PM
You were kind enough to boost my monk's crafting levels to 150 and raise my guild level to 100, but I didn't get the button on the mailbox to invite the other characters I transferred, who actually wear the slotted gear, into the guild. :p

Is the missing button due to the sudden jump from 2 to 100? I tried porting between K and J where stuff was happening, and then relogged but it did not appear.

This is actually happening due to the way we were granting guild renown! Next time we are online and this is happening to you, let one of us know and we can fix it right up!
Here you go.

Sleepsalot
04-17-2012, 01:29 PM
Guild question answered here
http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?p=4410854#post4410854

MartinusWyllt
04-17-2012, 02:37 PM
Guild question answered here
http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?p=4410854#post4410854

I am wondering if we'd leveled to 5 the usual way if that button would have had been there. I'll see about getting that fixed next time I'm around when the devs are.

Sleepsalot
04-17-2012, 03:06 PM
Ya it would have and I will be on tomorrow for the event also. Not a real major thing my Guild has 102 accounts in it now.. LoL Just from sending Tells so really only would help people with several alts.. But since I have been on most the time is okay. Every one is officer so they can put what they need on the ship I put the Basic stuff up..
Thanks

I am wondering if we'd leveled to 5 the usual way if that button would have had been there. I'll see about getting that fixed next time I'm around when the devs are.

Alrik_Fassbauer
04-17-2012, 04:56 PM
For me, this xp bonus boost was an ideal way to look/work out which feats I must use to get my Khyber Ranger into the wanted path of the Arcane Archer.
It turned out that I indeed seem to have to sacrifice a feat there.

lilPatton
04-17-2012, 05:32 PM
so i finnaly got things set up today, got my toons copyed over ( all 5) and ready for next event. Haved had MASSIVE latency issues. Has this been normal since U13 patch2 upload, or is it just today? i normmaly don't worry about it as latency happens very rarely for me (can't recall the last time before today). but my server has shut down 5 times in just a few hours today O_o. kinda crazy.

Sleepsalot
04-17-2012, 05:51 PM
Only time I have much issue is during the events. And 85% is my PC graphics are junk on it..

so i finnaly got things set up today, got my toons copyed over ( all 5) and ready for next event. Haved had MASSIVE latency issues. Has this been normal since U13 patch2 upload, or is it just today? i normmaly don't worry about it as latency happens very rarely for me (can't recall the last time before today). but my server has shut down 5 times in just a few hours today O_o. kinda crazy.

MartinusWyllt
04-17-2012, 06:06 PM
Only time I have much issue is during the events. And 85% is my PC graphics are junk on it..

I have hit a few stops that seemed "sticky" but I can't reliably reproduce it. Most of my time on Lam right now is playing "hide and seek" with my 4 year-old. He likes running and jumping around the Harbor, the Marketplace and House Cannith. I figure that is still testing things out.

The specific spot I last remember is the top of the 1st set of stairs from the Marketplace in House C...rubber-banded 3 or 4 times like a bugged ladder, but couldn't seem to make it happen all the time.

lilPatton
04-17-2012, 06:38 PM
I have hit a few stops that seemed "sticky" but I can't reliably reproduce it. Most of my time on Lam right now is playing "hide and seek" with my 4 year-old. He likes running and jumping around the Harbor, the Marketplace and House Cannith. I figure that is still testing things out.

The specific spot I last remember is the top of the 1st set of stairs from the Marketplace in House C...rubber-banded 3 or 4 times like a bugged ladder, but couldn't seem to make it happen all the time.

thats awsome :). My 3yr old once made it out of a tavern in the market, found his way to house K and then the Fens and was killing mobs all on his own. we only stepped away for a minute O_o. and im with you, it's still testing and teaching at the same time :). I think we should get bonuse store points for raising future DDO players to help keep them in buisness :) HAHAHAHAHA.

thanks for the input guys, must just be a bad day to play

donblas
04-18-2012, 01:38 AM

I think it would have been. Our guild levelled to 5 in the first hour or so that lamannia was up and I immediately sent invites using the button.

Dark_Helmet
04-18-2012, 02:07 AM
internet-high-five

Would you just accept a sneak-hump as a "you're welcome"? ;)

MartinusWyllt
04-18-2012, 07:22 AM
Would you just accept a sneak-hump as a "you're welcome"? ;)

after setting off the charge on the house D tower it would only be appropriate.

jamestheman
04-18-2012, 05:50 PM
Anyone seen anything?
Anyone heard anything?
Much like the notice of "every 2 days" not including last Sat/Sun, I'm just wondering if it's another waste...

Frotz
04-18-2012, 06:58 PM

See above. Different times, different places. They are there now (Wednesday the 18th).

wmdearmond
04-19-2012, 12:19 AM
Woooooo, Party!

More to come!
I will be there

Delssar
04-19-2012, 05:03 AM

More to come!

Im sure this has been sead, but I'll ask anyways because I dont want to look through all the posts

Are there going to be any times for people who are up at night ? (in North America)

Something inbetween 12pm - 8am or around that time?

Myrdinn
04-19-2012, 07:02 AM
Im sure this has been sead, but I'll ask anyways because I dont want to look through all the posts

Are there going to be any times for people who are up at night ? (in North America)

Something inbetween 12pm - 8am or around that time?

You know, the dev also have to sleep :P

lilPatton
04-19-2012, 12:58 PM
I was just wondering (and i think i already know the answer) if the Underdark expansion will be made available to every one on lamania or do u still need to buy it to access it on Lam??? will druid be available to buy with store points in the store or is it only available if u buy the expansion as well ??? i know u have to buy it to access them on live, no question there, but wondering about Lamania. thanks in advance :)

MrkGrismer
04-19-2012, 01:29 PM
I was just wondering (and i think i already know the answer) if the Underdark expansion will be made available to every one on lamania or do u still need to buy it to access it on Lam??? will druid be available to buy with store points in the store or is it only available if u buy the expansion as well ??? i know u have to buy it to access them on live, no question there, but wondering about Lamania. thanks in advance :)

It was announced Lammania will be closed to the public after the current Patch 2 month-long testing. The assumption is that it will become the close beta-server for MotU. Those that pre-ordered by March 31st are supposed to have access and it is probable that there will be another way for others to get access.

Shoemaker
04-19-2012, 11:40 PM
Does testing to see if the AFK boot inactive timers are working as intended count as "anything"? :p

MrMime
04-21-2012, 05:52 PM
ok, so im running tests on a build im trying, and while out in the Cerulean hills every thing was running fine untill i came out of the cave by the :free lady aradell" querst, or whatever her name is. at first i thought i rolled my scoll wheel but when i moved it i realized i was invisible. Not even a shadowy out line, all i am is a longbow running around and when i shoot it stays in the carrying position. mobs can sence me however but when they shoot at me nothing registars, but i can kill them. All very interesting

MrMime
04-21-2012, 06:07 PM
ok, so im running tests on a build im trying, and while out in the Cerulean hills every thing was running fine untill i came out of the cave by the :free lady aradell" querst, or whatever her name is. at first i thought i rolled my scoll wheel but when i moved it i realized i was invisible. Not even a shadowy out line, all i am is a longbow running around and when i shoot it stays in the carrying position. mobs can sence me however but when they shoot at me nothing registars, but i can kill them. All very interesting

i was unable to replicate this effect sadly. I went to the quickfoot hideout cave and every thing came back to normal game visuals. i came out of cave and ran over to the small cavern buy the quest, went in and came out and every thing is working normal O_O.

went back a 3rd time after letting things reset. Still no replication after killing every thing in the cave, hmm -_-

MrMime
04-21-2012, 07:11 PM
any input would be welcome :)but esspecialy if a dev could clerify this for me as well that would be awsome :).

I have a lv20 elf artificer and have taken the arcane archer pestige line as well as battle engineer. Now, arti weapon buffs apply to multiple weapons and even to other toons weapons: examples- insightful damage apply's to "crossbows or one handed melee weapons held by the user. or Deadly weapon "your targets weapons deal and additional..." as per the discriptor for each effect.

Now, the arcane archer buffs apply's only to self as they should, AND, i know that arrow is in the title but, all of the buff discriptions for the arcane archer begin with "Imbues all MISSILES that you fire with..."

so my question is: shouldn't arcane archer imbuements apply to ALL missile types (daggers, axes, stars, xbows, ect...) used by the character and not just arrows, OR, does having ARROW in the title for each effect overide what is said in the accual discription????

i just find this interesting that i can use my arti buffs on my longbows but not my AA buffs on my Xbows (aren't bolt's just shorter and slightly thicker arrows O_o) and so i thought i would put this out for feedback :). thanks in advabce

jimmymac32409
04-22-2012, 08:27 AM

I'm no Dev but up to this point any account based purchase/status has carried over to Lamannia. I.E. if you are VIP on live your VIP on Lamannia. If your not VIP whatever adventure packs you have purchased on live you have access to on Lamannia. So it stands to reason that if you purchase the Underdark expansion it will be available to you on Lamannia. If you think about it we are still logging into Lamannia with our same account user and password.

cjb1211
04-22-2012, 01:09 PM
Can we expect an event for today or perhaps tomorrow?

Loving all the new stuff BTW and can't wait to see Forgotten Realms!

Buttkierownsmade
04-23-2012, 08:57 AM
I thought 404error said that he would get on kookie and squedgule an event today...

KookieKobold
04-23-2012, 09:22 AM
Events have been posted in the second post of this thread.. And in this one!

4/23 - 5pm to 8pm in Amrath, House Cannith, and the Inspired Quarter

4/25 - 10am to 1pm Everywhere for miscellaneous raids

See you all online!

Praya20
04-23-2012, 12:41 PM
Raids on 25th? But but... i cant make it :( lol

Really wanted to raid with 404, but wednesday is my birthday so maybe next lamma party :)

Sleepsalot
04-23-2012, 12:55 PM
You need to slow down my young friend. It is Monday there are other things that need doing first thing on a Monday. As you see Kookie did update the events. Nothing is instant..You must grow wiser as you get older. I have learned Good things take Time. And this is a GOOD Thing... LoL

I thought 404error said that he would get on kookie and squedgule an event today...

cjb1211
04-23-2012, 01:10 PM
Yay!

Produktion_Malphunktion
04-23-2012, 03:51 PM
So far so good! Almost everything has been hit except the following:
Threnal Cerimonial blade - In Ruins of Threnal area. Southern Excavation site
Schemes of the Enemy
House Cannith Manufactury
Master Artificer

Artificer Workshop / master artificer Pre-raid. Lord of Blades

Lord of Blades pre-raid
Colossal Crystals - epic
Moving Targets - epic
The Dragon's Trove - epic
The Disruptor - epic

Short Cuts - Epic

Maraud the Mines

Pirate challenge
Foundation of Discord
Tor

PoP - Prisoner of the Pplanes
Stormreaver raid

Dreams of Insanity Pre-dungeon area Black Anvil Forest

VoN 6

Faithful Departed

The Keeper's Sanctuary
Faithful Departed Pre-dungeon area Litany of the Dead

Necro 3 crypt

necro 3 tomb of the Forbidden Necro 2 Shadow Lord
Necro 3 Tomb of the Tormented Necro 3 Tomb of the Unhallowed Enter the Kobold

Eerie Forest Adventure Area
Mount Reysalon Adventure Area Drow Monastery

SoS - Stealer of Souls
Genisis point

ToD

TotS

Fane of the Six pt 1

Fane of the Six last quest

Fane of the Six pt 3

Fane of the Six pt 2

Subterrane adventure area

Hound of Xoriat Raid

Subterrane adventure area

Titan raid

Since we started this , over 16000 instances have been run, or opened (including public spaces).
Just a few more days and I will unleash my point kobolds!

Grieve
04-23-2012, 10:41 PM
*snip* List of content that "needs" checking out

Thank you for the update Maj! Knowing what the populace hasn't hit is nice because now we can make sure to atleast try to get some, if not all, of that content checked out before Lamma closes down.

Also, out of curiosity when we are running the content, specifically quests and raids, how important is it to check each one on each difficulty setting? I assume it may make some difference, but would it be more important to go for frequency over checking each individual setting, if we are under a time constraint.

pjstechie
04-24-2012, 12:54 AM

Von 6!

We ran this on Thursday with the DDOCast guild. Aside from the fact that we ran 3 people short and Velah totally owned us once the reaver trash started coming everything was fine.

The reavers might have been spawning a little faster than on live, but it was tough for me to tell, I was slightly busy at the time

Alrik_Fassbauer
04-24-2012, 04:21 AM
Thanks for the list. Now I know better on what to concentrate on (started evil Assault during the event for both training the live server quest and testing it, because thre are lots of enemies involved).

What is meant with the "pirate challenge" ? Is it "Prove your worth" from 3-Barrel-Cove or is it "Crystal Cove" ?

(By the way, died miserably at the "hands" of a "living spell" in the Subterrane during the last event ... Didn't want to proceed further until I had developed better tactics ...)

Saaluta
04-24-2012, 01:04 PM
Is there any possible way that when you are leveling up a character with xp, crafting xp, and guild level that you could add favor to that. I would love to be able to test out silver flame pots, House D 75% returners, etc without having to grind out all the favor necessary to get them on Lama land. Coin lord and D favor are fairly easy as you only really need 150 but 400 silver flame is kind of a pain to get. Just a request, if the answer is no, then next time I will stock up before I transfer over, would just make testing these out a bit easier.

Thanks, Saal :)

also I went into House C Manufactury area and the lift from blue floor to red floor seems to not be rendering correctly. It does not want to go flush with the blue floor after handle is pulled. Anyone else want to test this out, I am taking the time to write this while instance resets so I can go back in and test again before I submit a bug report :)

Second foray in, lift worked fine so may have been a temporary glitch, will test a few more times :)

404error
04-24-2012, 01:21 PM
Myself and Kookie will be doing a world tour of the DDO raids on Wednesday and Friday. All you need to enter is all the ingredients for a set of Boots of Anchoring by Wednesday and you will have the chance to run with either of us.

All times are Easter Standard time
Wednesday: 10am to 1pm
Friday: 3pm to 6pm

We will have LFM's up for those who have gathered the necessary components. It will be first come first serve when it comes to party formation. Make sure to be there early so you don't miss out.

Saaluta
04-24-2012, 01:54 PM
Myself and Kookie will be doing a world tour of the DDO raids on Wednesday and Friday. All you need to enter is all the ingredients for a set of Boots of Anchoring by Wednesday and you will have the chance to run with either of us.

All times are Easter Standard time
Wednesday: 10am to 1pm
Friday: 3pm to 6pm

We will have LFM's up for those who have gathered the necessary components. It will be first come first serve when it comes to party formation. Make sure to be there early so you don't miss out.

Do we have to have the ingredients or will a pair of boots work? I have boots on all my characters, but not sets of ingredients :)

404error
04-24-2012, 03:18 PM
Do we have to have the ingredients or will a pair of boots work? I have boots on all my characters, but not sets of ingredients

1 set of ingredients only, there is a reason.

Phoenix-daBard
04-24-2012, 03:35 PM
1 set of ingredients only, there is a reason.

I'm assuming for testing the flagging quests. :)

I wish I could join but I the hours are off for me. Such is life.

Momsboys
04-24-2012, 04:24 PM
But both of those events are while im in school D:

Sleepsalot
04-24-2012, 04:35 PM
Ya and they have events while people in the EU would be sleeping. Hate it but seems fair to me..

But both of those events are while im in school D:

Delssar
04-24-2012, 11:46 PM
Not sure how we're suppost to run for boot mats when theres only a handful of people online (7 - 10 people) and non of them want to run the content with ya. Even on normal with a group full of hires, A new Invasion, ran through it no problem, end boss K.O.'s the entire party of hirelings in 15 seconds.

PLUGintoTHEpowerLINE
04-25-2012, 08:07 AM
Not sure how we're suppost to run for boot mats when theres only a handful of people online (7 - 10 people) and non of them want to run the content with ya. Even on normal with a group full of hires, A new Invasion, ran through it no problem, end boss K.O.'s the entire party of hirelings in 15 seconds.

Yeah, I've had similar problems -- and I've been hesitant to hit the LFMs because I'm pretty new to the game, and while I would love an opportunity to learn the raids of the game firsthand from the devs, I don't want to burden down other players who just want the darn boot mats.

XbaileyX
04-25-2012, 08:53 AM
Where do we turn in boot mats?

Sleepsalot
04-25-2012, 08:56 AM
From 10am est to 1pm est 404 and Kookie will be on to get them if all goes as planned...

Where do we turn in boot mats?

My2Cents
04-25-2012, 09:05 AM
I just figure with the short time frame, and with my own lack of experience with those quests, that it wasn't an event well suited to someone like me and I would spend my time on LIVE preparing for the expansion and growing my DDO gameplay expeirnce so I might join one of these in the future.

Maybe its best that this event be for the most experienced and prepared people - they're likely to be the ones to notice anything wrong.

Dark_Helmet
04-25-2012, 09:32 AM
Maraud the Mines
Fane of the Six pt 1
Fane of the Six last quest
Fane of the Six pt 3
Fane of the Six pt 2

It is good to have a list to work against. Updated: Ran Maraud, Co6 1-4, PoP (summoned cat to pull switches - wish you would go back to the old way where we could run in after pulling), Reaver's Fate (only on normal, I can't solo higher) but I don't have time to run the others (trying to run them during events when the server is loaded).

DocBenway
04-25-2012, 09:44 AM
Well Kookie dropped the boot material req:

(World Broadcast): World broadcast: 'Kookiekobold's raid party has opened up now to everyone! Go ahead and join up if you'd like to run MA and LoB!'

and filled while I was AFK, +404's is still up, but 9 in it and showing IP, or at least inside the quest, and I don't have a Mysterious Artifact, so it's back to live with me, I guess.

Alrik_Fassbauer
04-25-2012, 10:49 AM
I do see a slight problem there : There are high-level quests/raids listed, and I really don't know how big the amount of *experienced* players in that level range is ...

Saaluta
04-25-2012, 03:59 PM
ran Mt Reysalon, etk elite duo with Dark Helmet, and drow monastery today, all seem to be working just fine :)

noble_pirate
04-26-2012, 02:48 PM
will it be more events of QA in closest time?

Alrik_Fassbauer
04-27-2012, 06:20 AM
I fear that Crystal Cove will destract me quite a bit from the Lamannia server ...

oskar581
04-27-2012, 08:41 AM
I fear that Crystal Cove will destract me quite a bit from the Lamannia server ...

I will also be reaping the flesh of pirates.

jamestheman
04-27-2012, 04:22 PM
It said till 6pm, but I haven't found it....

Dark_Uncle72
04-27-2012, 04:46 PM
reckon it's done and over w/... cuz they were already in progress. oh well back to the live servers I go

nsromanzo
03-29-2014, 09:24 AM
Alright so I installed lamannia(yes it was in a different folder) and when after I log in and you get to the part where you choose the server I get a message that says: Game Error [201] Can't open the data files. Check that they exist and that you have permission to write them. The program will exit now. [201]

What the hell does this mean? I completely reset my computer to factory settings and wiped everything and reinstalled only lamannia and I still got the same message. Please someone help me.

I have a Inspiron 15R touchscreen that uses Windows 8.

enochiancub
03-29-2014, 09:46 AM
Alright so I installed lamannia(yes it was in a different folder) and when after I log in and you get to the part where you choose the server I get a message that says: Game Error [201] Can't open the data files. Check that they exist and that you have permission to write them. The program will exit now. [201]

What the hell does this mean? I completely reset my computer to factory settings and wiped everything and reinstalled only lamannia and I still got the same message. Please someone help me.

I have a Inspiron 15R touchscreen that uses Windows 8.

You might get better help posting in one of the Service and Support forums versus a two year old thread that has nothing to do with your topic.

Hope you find a resolution.

nsromanzo
03-29-2014, 06:53 PM
You might get better help posting in one of the Service and Support forums versus a two year old thread that has nothing to do with your topic.

Hope you find a resolution.

Thank you