PDA

View Full Version : Climbing issues

mobrien316
04-10-2012, 10:50 AM
I know this has been mentioned before, but I think it would be great if the devs could fix the issue of being "pushed out" from the wall when trying to jump. It is truly infuriating.

There is no correlation with reality; no one in the universe jumps straight up and suddenly floats sideways five or six feet.

I am trying to make it through Raiding the Giant's Vault and the steps are too large/high to simply climb; you have to jump. I am CONSTANTLY being pushed out when jumping straight up, not into an overhang or anything, and it is extremely annoying.

Mario Brothers-type quests aren't a favorite of mine to begin with, but this glitch nearly makes them unbearable.

Please fix this long-standing issue. Thank you.

madmaxhunter
04-10-2012, 10:54 AM
Learning the climbing quests (i.e. "Raid the giant's vault" and "Coalescence Chamber") is a pain, but run them enough and it becomes a breeze. I like that there are unique challenges in quests.

mobrien316
04-10-2012, 10:56 AM
Learning the climbing quests (i.e. "Raid the giant's vault" and "Coalescence Chamber") is a pain, but run them enough and it becomes a breeze. I like that there are unique challenges in quests.

So there is a trick to not being pushed out by the wall?

Can you share?

madmaxhunter
04-10-2012, 11:03 AM
So there is a trick to not being pushed out by the wall?

Can you share?

Not so much a trick, just knowing where the push-offs are and positioning yourself to avoid the "push". I can run "Raid" in 10-15 minutes on the right toon, killing everything. Mind you, it's one of my favorite quests in DDO (nice break from grouping) and have run it many, many times.

Edit: with "Raid" there isn't any reason to light the runes. It's just a waste of time.

Thrudh
04-10-2012, 11:03 AM
Climb when you can instead of jumping.

Get close to the edge before you jump. Jumping while close to the wall is harder.

Matuse
04-10-2012, 11:22 AM
You also don't have the ability in real life to change your direction while in mid-air, but you can in DDO.

I do wish that the physics model was better, where once you get knocked in one direction, no amount of counterforce will stop it until you hit the ground again (I can Wing with my FvS 4-5 times in one direction and still be zooming the other way). But I'm sure making the change would involve a lot of time, and probably badly break something else.