PDA

View Full Version : armor and fortification

HatsuharuZ
04-08-2012, 10:44 PM
I think that with the advent of mobs that can bypass fortification, we need more sources of fortification. I do not think that fort items are enough. Why not armor, then?

Light Armor: 5%

Medium Armor: 10%

Heavy Armor: 15% or even 20%.

After all, if you're going to strap metal plates to your body and carry it around all day, it had better soften the blow even if it can't prevent the enemy from hitting you! Also, I suggest that mithral armor should have 5% LESS fortification (since it's lighter) while adamantine armor should provide 5% MORE.

noinfo
04-08-2012, 11:59 PM
I think that with the advent of mobs that can bypass fortification, we need more sources of fortification. I do not think that fort items are enough. Why not armor, then?

Light Armor: 5%

Medium Armor: 10%

Heavy Armor: 15% or even 20%.

After all, if you're going to strap metal plates to your body and carry it around all day, it had better soften the blow even if it can't prevent the enemy from hitting you! Also, I suggest that mithral armor should have 5% LESS fortification (since it's lighter) while adamantine armor should provide 5% MORE.

While I am not going to agree or disagree with the idea in general I am going to disagree with Mithril having less as it is as strong as or stronger than steel. Addy having more is fine.

Uska
04-09-2012, 06:42 AM
While I am not going to agree or disagree with the idea in general I am going to disagree with Mithril having less as it is as strong as or stronger than steel. Addy having more is fine.

I would say give mithril 5% bonus and addy 10% as both are considered stronger than steel with addy being slightly stronger.