PDA

View Full Version : Air Elementals

dodger72
04-07-2012, 01:31 PM
Get them off the steroids.

I think we've had about enough of them....I know I have.

mobrien316
04-07-2012, 02:16 PM
When my fighter was doing slayers in the Vale of Twilight, the ONLY encounters he avoided was with air elementals.

Something seems out of whack when a fighter is perfectly willing to jump into a pit filled with devils but will walk out of his way to avoid a fight with an air elemental.

KillEveryone
04-08-2012, 09:54 AM
They do annoy me but if they tone back what they do then they need buff something else on them.

They were a total joke when they were nerfed.

Give them a electric version of fire shield. They are constantly spinning and I think generating enough static that they should probably exude electricty.

Diyon
04-08-2012, 10:06 AM
Just put in some sort of save or check for the knock back, but don't make it silly easy to make. I like the air elementals being scary and challenging to fight. But no save knock back is frustrating. I really don't want air elementals to go back to the joke that they were after they nerfed them. I remember when I started playing, and got my monk into the vale these things being terrifying to run into, and more monsters should inspire these feelings. Beholders and mariliths are some of the few that players actually worry about when they run into them.

Phidius
04-08-2012, 10:19 AM
Just model them after the Enraged Djinn in the Vale of Twilight. You know, the Djinn who spends half his time in mortal form, and the other half in god mode?

sebastianosmith
04-08-2012, 10:51 AM
I'd be in favor of them simply having a save for Gust of Wind slowing. There's no way to avoid it as no PC counts as a Large entity and it's bugged (http://ddowiki.com/page/Gust_of_Wind) besides that.

If your melee is having trouble with them, try a paralyzing or banishing weapon. Those work fairly well in most circumstances. Also, there's a very narrow band around them (about a three foot radius subjectively) that's within melee range and outside of the knockdown area - THF will give a slightly larger radius. If you can manage to stay within it, you won't end up on your butt while you beat on them. It's tricky but doable.