PDA

View Full Version : Epic item ingredient sorting

HungarianRhapsody
04-07-2012, 09:48 AM
There are lots of ingredients in DDO currently. Lots. More than that. I don't even have a word for the number of ingredents that I have in my bags.

Please give us a way to group our ingredients similar to collectables so that I can actually figure out which Epic items I can make. I'm sure that there are a half dozen Epic items that I could make that I don't even realize because I don't have a reasonable way to list all of my shards/seals/scrolls next to each other so that I can tell what parts I have and what parts I want to target for acquisition.

Sorting through all of my bags to figure out what Epic stuff I have/don't have among my 800+ different unique ingredients among all of my green bags is just ridiculous. I shouldn't have to make an excel spreadsheet to manually type out all of the epic components that I have.

Ap0k
04-07-2012, 10:15 AM
hey there,

I know what you mean. I own a gargantuan bag for my epic seal/shards/scrolls myself. I have tried grouping them together occasionally, but that is really tedious work. A workaround that use is the search feature of the bag. Whenever I get a shard/seal/scroll i type the name in the search field and it lists all the components. eg type envenomed in the field and it shows you whats in the bag that belongs to that item.

But an auto grouping feature would be really nice. maybe even group them alphabetically just removing the prefix of seal/shard/Scroll of the ....

Matuse
04-07-2012, 12:04 PM
There are lots of ingredients in DDO currently. Lots. More than that. I don't even have a word for the number of ingredents that I have in my bags.

261 different epic ingredients, if you were to obtain 1 of each. That's just scrolls/seals/shards, of course. Not counting the augment crystals and related items.

Please give us a way to group our ingredients similar to collectables so that I can actually figure out which Epic items I can make. I'm sure that there are a half dozen Epic items that I could make that I don't even realize because I don't have a reasonable way to list all of my shards/seals/scrolls next to each other so that I can tell what parts I have and what parts I want to target for acquisition.

I solved this in two ways.

1) I made a notepad document where I list every epic-able item, and a checkbox for possessing: A) The item itself, B) The Shard, C) The Seal, D) The Scroll. When I get a new one, I click the checkbox. This also has the virtue of being a quick reference if a seal/shard drops and I can quickly know if I want it for myself or if I can put it up for roll. Trying to remember which you have or search through the ingredient bag to see if it's there is far more hassle than I want to deal with.

2) Get a couple of large ingredient bags on a mule character, and sort everything in there. Shards in one bag, seals in another, scrolls in a third (or divided between the other two). This also prevents epic ingredients from clogging up your adventuring bag.

Nephilia
04-10-2012, 10:15 AM
1) I made a notepad document where I list every epic-able item, and a checkbox for possessing: A) The item itself, B) The Shard, C) The Seal, D) The Scroll. When I get a new one, I click the checkbox. This also has the virtue of being a quick reference if a seal/shard drops and I can quickly know if I want it for myself or if I can put it up for roll. Trying to remember which you have or search through the ingredient bag to see if it's there is far more hassle than I want to deal with.

2) Get a couple of large ingredient bags on a mule character, and sort everything in there. Shards in one bag, seals in another, scrolls in a third (or divided between the other two). This also prevents epic ingredients from clogging up your adventuring bag.

Pretty much what i've done too!
And remember that there's a search bar in every bag that will help u find what are u looking for ;)

Stanley_Nicholas
04-10-2012, 10:36 AM

I've done this in an Excel spreadsheet. It not only lists whether I have a particular piece or not, but how many of each I have. I just keep it open on my second monitor when I'm gaming, and update it whenever I gain a piece or make something.