PDA

View Full Version : Idea to make Twilight Forge More appealing

dotHackSign
04-06-2012, 07:52 PM
There are probably several things that could be done to make the Titan raid more appealing but I'd like to see the Royal Guard Mask drop in this raid with a good drop rate.

Zyerz
04-06-2012, 08:14 PM
More appealing than it already is, is impossible. It's one of my favourite raids by far. Drop rates may be low, but it's part of the game. More reasons to run Titan more often. :D

AZgreentea
04-06-2012, 08:38 PM
I think the biggest bar for me is the difficulty in flagging. Just like the Shroud there is a quest that can be difficult to run solo or with hirelings for new players (Slavers and Sleeping Dust). Unlike the shroud, there is little reason to ever try it with Titan.

The Shroud is a good xp raid near the endgame that drops some of the best gear in the game especially for TR's.

Titan is a mid level Raid with three other raids that have easier entry requirements (Spine, VoN, and Chrono). You can level past Titan without ever thinking about it.

dotHackSign
04-06-2012, 09:17 PM
I think the biggest bar for me is the difficulty in flagging. Just like the Shroud there is a quest that can be difficult to run solo or with hirelings for new players (Slavers and Sleeping Dust). Unlike the shroud, there is little reason to ever try it with Titan.

The Shroud is a good xp raid near the endgame that drops some of the best gear in the game especially for TR's.

Titan is a mid level Raid with three other raids that have easier entry requirements (Spine, VoN, and Chrono). You can level past Titan without ever thinking about it.

I agree, You can't upgrade the loot and its easy to level past this raid without running it. I also find flagging for this painful and not worth the reward. I think the teleport clicky would make it worth running at least a few times for me.

Ralmeth
04-06-2012, 11:36 PM
/Signed. I don't run Titan any more (and I've run it tons of times) because of the the obscenely low drop rates. I gave up on the Chattering Ring a long time ago.

I have a couple of other suggestions:
1) Shorten the green side puzzle so that everyone in the group is not waiting for it to get solved. I've been in groups before where you sit around for half an hour while this was being worked on. Also, make it possible to reset the green side puzzle if it becomes unsolvable.
2) Make the Titan raid so that everyone has something to do, instead of most of the party piking on the ladder. The raid should include everyone.

nibel
04-07-2012, 01:07 PM
Titan also suffer from lack of decent loot. The only loot worth of note there today is the seven-fingered gloves, and MAYBE some twink gear, like the gyroscopic boots or belt of brute strength.

Like Abbot, Titan is a puzzle raid, so even capped toons running around don't guarantee a completion. But they need to work around the 3-people raid in the second part.