PDA

View Full Version : Exploration Rewards

robinfu
04-06-2012, 02:35 AM
Hi!
Since I'm playing Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning almost constantly since they released it I got a few ideas that could improve wilderness areas a bit and give incentive for exploring a bit. Since they have similar mechanics considering wilderness zones (awarding exp for exploring locations and lorestones) they also have a bit of status effect in which you are awarded for successful exploration. It's minor and nothing grand but it's nice for people like me that actually enjoy exploring zones with every toon I play.

Suggestion: give a small token (like the feat in GH), for a explored area.

Korthos +1 HP
Cerulean Hills +1 to hit versus orcs
Waterworks +1 damage versus reptiles
Tangleroot Gorge +1 to hit and damage versus goblinoids
Three Barrel Cove +1 damage versus humanoids
Searing Heights +5 sp
Sorrowdusk Isle +1 DC on conjuration spells
Red Fens +1 to hit versus monstrous humanoids
Sands of Menechtarun +2 fire resistance
Ataraxias Haven +1 to hit versus dwarves
Restless Isles +1 to damage when using staffs
Ruins of Gianthold +1 to hit and damage versus giants
Orchard of the Macabre +1 damage versus undead
Vale of Twilight +1 to hit versus outsiders
Subterrane - Central +1 to hit versus beholders
Subterrane - East +1 DC to your evocation spells
Aussircaex's Valley +1 cold resistance
Soami Gardens + 1 ki generation
Mount Reysalon +1 damage versus gnolls
Eerie Forest +1 damage with mauls
Devil Battlefield +1 AC versus outsiders
Cannith Manufactory +1 to hit versus constructs
Artificer Workshops +1 damage versus constructs
Research Facility +10 sp

This is just a preliminary list of how could the rewards for exploration zones look like. I know there has been some suggestions like this but I didn't want to necro some old stuff.

Thank you for reading :)

windchant
04-06-2012, 02:46 AM
that sound nice.. /signed

p.s. likely it will be reward upon all quest compelte..

Jay203
04-06-2012, 03:07 AM
Hi!
Since I'm playing Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning almost constantly since they released it I got a few ideas that could improve wilderness areas a bit and give incentive for exploring a bit. Since they have similar mechanics considering wilderness zones (awarding exp for exploring locations and lorestones) they also have a bit of status effect in which you are awarded for successful exploration. It's minor and nothing grand but it's nice for people like me that actually enjoy exploring zones with every toon I play.

Korthos +1 HP
Searing Heights +5 sp
Research Facility +10 sp

This is just a preliminary list of how could the rewards for exploration zones look like. I know there has been some suggestions like this but I didn't want to necro some old stuff.

using the lorestones as basis for this idea eh...

Silken-Akira
04-06-2012, 03:15 AM
like the idea. What and how the rewarding would work I am not sure about. maybe certain trinkets or extra favor.

robinfu
04-06-2012, 03:20 AM
that sound nice.. /signed

p.s. likely it will be reward upon all quest compelte..

Yes, receive rewards upon successful completion of a whole explore area.

using the lorestones as basis for this idea eh...

Well, I got the idea long time ago, and Lorestones are similar mechanics: you get exp for each activated and if you active all in a single explore area you''ll get a minor bonus ( like the a fore said).

Silverwren
04-06-2012, 08:21 AM
Nothing game breaking here, and it would be an incentive to explore wilderness areas.

/signed

Illiamfryn
04-06-2012, 08:36 AM
/signed

I like the idea very much. Don't know exactly how this can be implemented but exploration areas would be nice to give a motive apart from xp to run them.

madmaxhunter
04-06-2012, 08:44 AM
Just to be specific, are you saying this would be for completion of exploring the wilderness areas? Or, is it for completing everything (explorer/rare/slayer)?

either way, /signed. I explore all of the wilderness areas as a rule. Something to do until guildies log on.

One thing though, you should improve The Restless Isles buff. It's such a pain to get the last explorer/rare you should be awarded with a slay anything 1/day for getting it (JK)

dopey69
04-06-2012, 08:54 AM
/signed

danotmano1998
04-06-2012, 08:57 AM
/Signed

Neat idea, one that actually shows some character progression based on their experiences.
I like the concept.

Quetzacoala
04-06-2012, 09:00 AM
Quite frankly, this system is too powerful... +1 to hit points would completely nerf casters and make melees all-mighty!

psteen1
04-06-2012, 09:20 AM
Fully complete? Like, all the kills? ooooooooooooofffffffffffffffffff. Do people do that?

sebastianosmith
04-06-2012, 09:34 AM
Fully complete? Like, all the kills? ooooooooooooofffffffffffffffffff. Do people do that?

Certainly. My first character completed all wilderness E/S/R options through the Orchard in his first life. The key is to complete them in little chunks while you've nothing else to do. Once you get four or five areas near a slayer milestone, pop an XP boost and hit them all in 15-20 minutes. I gathered in the range of 200K-250K XP chaining Gianthold, Orchard and Vale. It takes a while but it's better than sitting on your hands.

RandomKeypress
04-06-2012, 09:37 AM
I'd actually /sign that for getting all the explorers (which is what I think the OP was suggesting).

Getting all the rares is time consuming and not that fun when you're hunting down that last one that refuses to show.

Getting all the slayers? Yuerch - have you actually tried to kill 7,500 mobs in the Red Fens?

Cyr
04-06-2012, 09:37 AM
If this is meant for doing the explorers only in a zone I am okay with this suggestion.

If it is meant for slayers also then this is a horrible suggestion as doing the full slayers in zones is perhaps one of the most mind numbing and boring uses of your time in DDO.

This is because slayers are easy and super repetitive.

Missing_Minds
04-06-2012, 10:12 AM
Explorers are easy XP to begin with. Are they honestly not done by a majority?
Same with named till you get to the upper levels.

But slayers... just due to the time numbing bordem bleh.

I've honestly thought there should be some reward for completing all adv regions to completion. Such as an Enhancement Completionist much like there is the TR completionist.

I'm not against the idea, but if done, I'd say remove the bonus xp for completion.

edit: emm... given this would be a server poll.... could introduce lag depending on how it was done also.

Dagolar
04-06-2012, 10:14 AM
Hi!

Korthos +1 HP
Searing Heights +5 sp
Research Facility +10 sp

Getting a bonus for full completion of an area (all slayers, rares, explorers) would definitely encourage more play of wilderness areas.. explorers themselves are far too easy to get, but I don't see any problem adding in minor bonuses for full completions- as long as the feats involved are properly subset under an 'Explorer Feats' category so they don't clutter your list :)

Matuse
04-06-2012, 10:31 AM
If slayers gave the bonus at the 1500 or 3k plateus (or the max, if it's lower for that area), that would be ok.

But maxxing them out in the higher tiers is just agony.

Picture getting 7500 kills in the SubT...oi.

Dagolar
04-06-2012, 10:52 AM
If slayers gave the bonus at the 1500 or 3k plateus (or the max, if it's lower for that area), that would be ok.

But maxxing them out in the higher tiers is just agony.

Picture getting 7500 kills in the SubT...oi.

That'd be the one area to give something more than a 'minor' bonus, eh :P

"You gain Favored Enemy: Oozes. If you already have Favored Enemy: Oozes, your bonuses are doubled. The DC of your Ooze Puppet spells is increased by 2." ;P

I assume that, on the chance this feature was implemented, there would be an additional benefit at full capping as well as one at the tier you mentioned, for the more demanding areas.

psteen1
04-06-2012, 11:27 AM
It is way too easy to get all explorers in an area, especially once you know where they are, so I don't like that idea-- even though the bonuses are minor, they would end up just being gimmees and contribute to power creep. Most areas I can get all explorers in less than 30 minutes.

I would suggest... another collectable system! Get a token for each completed explorer are, for every 5th unique rare killed or something along those lines, and also for certain slayer levels. Then turn em in for an item or passive feat or a variety of things.

danotmano1998
04-06-2012, 11:37 AM
I would suggest... another collectable system!

Argh! Please no...
My bags already feel like they're about to explode.

Personally, I would love to see them CONDENSE the long list of ingredients and collectibles, not expand on it.